It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Build 9 Bug List
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:06 am 
Obduction Backer

I went to Ercana to see how it integrated with build 9. Everytime I clicked a pellet to take it to get measured on the machine, I was transported to the machine for an instant, then automatically transported to the cave with the pit. It happened on all five pellets. Plus the camera's were all skewed in 3rd person. Very strange.

Having fun.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:02 am 

Dadguy, I just tried it--exact same thing happened to me. I've only done one pellet, but yes there was a brief shot of the pellet-measuring machine (no avie showing in the image) & then I was magically transported to the upper cave. Strange indeed!

Edit: I've done 2 pellets now, with same results. Noting also that the KI is not registering any points for the pellet drop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:23 pm 

the "invisible bridge" is still in Watchers, leading to the door to the Great Tree, i.e. you can "walk" on the air (the collision for the bridge is there, even tho the graphic is not)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a video of the Ercana pellet drop bug uploading so the support guys can see what's going on.
Cheers,
kb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

In order to get from Ahnonay sphere #1 to sphere #2 I had to go around via the cathedral twice. Happened three times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:16 pm 

Norfren wrote:
In order to get from Ahnonay sphere #1 to sphere #2 I had to go around via the cathedral twice. Happened three times.
Something like this also happened when Grogyan and I were testing the Ahn instancing bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Journey cloth at the end of Ahnonay doesn't reach Kadish's control room. You get a brief flash of the start of the age (black floor / statue) before being returned to relto.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Norfren, I had to do the rotation more than once on multiple occasions. Most of the time it was when trying to go to Water Age from Space Age, but it happened at other rotations as well.

Dadguy

Last edited by dadguy on Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:17 pm 

Norfrem & dadguy, I had a bug last build with "phantom" quabs or crystals showing up on the radar clock that would prevent the sphere from turning; last night it was still happening with one of my avies. If I were at the linking book I'd see one or 2 blue dots besides my own, run back around to the other end checking to make sure all quabs/crystals gone, & when I checked the radar again it would show just me (even though I hadn't done anything but run around--all quabs/crystals were already gone). Sometimes it would show not even me! :shock: A little unnerving, lol. If you link out when the radar is showing phantom quabs/crystals, or not showing your avie, the spheres don't turn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's a new one, I started a new avvie to do regression testing, and hit the 'mini' Gahreesen to get my Ki, then the nexus, where I fould a link to the Er'cana Pellet Cave listed under my Personal Links. Ticketed.

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Norfrem & dadguy, I had a bug last build with "phantom" quabs or crystals showing up on the radar clock that would prevent the sphere from turning; last night it was still happening with one of my avies. If I were at the linking book I'd see one or 2 blue dots besides my own, run back around to the other end checking to make sure all quabs/crystals gone, & when I checked the radar again it would show just me (even though I hadn't done anything but run around--all quabs/crystals were already gone). Sometimes it would show not even me! Shocked A little unnerving, lol. If you link out when the radar is showing phantom quabs/crystals, or not showing your avie, the spheres don't turn.

Same here.

RE: ER'CANA. I have never run this Age on Rehearsal server, having been away. It ran flawlessly for me right up to cooking the pellets. In 4 hours, I'll let you know if I have pellets, or bugs :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:51 pm 

Several times when using a cloth link into Ahnonay I linked into a white fog and eventually got linked out. When using the gondola, ireen got pulled to my location and rode along 'inside' my avatar for the duration. When trying to share the pellet cave stone (for kicks and grins) I got stuck wth a permanent sharing cursor and ireen got stuck in share mode. No problem with the final journey cloth when linking to it. Several times though ireen had to link through twice in order to get the age to rotate. Also, had a problem with quabs showing back up after they were eradicated, not sure though if this was due to them being kicked off into the center instead of the outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

1) Yes, I saw phantom quabs and crystal trees, too, exactly as Jane described.

2) Not a real bug, but... There is an inconsistency in Ahnonay logic when taking into consideration the markers as well. Touching a cloth the global coordinates are saved, therefore after the rotation you can link to the same physical point but already in another sphere. When setting a marker in a sphere, its local coordinates relative to the sphere are saved and they move with the sphere. In other words, the markers rotate together with the spheres. Just opposite to the situation of Gahreesen and Ercana: if you set a marker atop of the rotating fortress or in the moving tram, the coordinates (position) of the marker are saved in the global coordinate system of the age and the marker never moves. I ticketed this, although I'am sure in vain, they never will change such basic things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:36 pm 

The sphere's count as sub-worlds and the marker system is still sub-world broken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Journey cloth at the end of Ahnonay doesn't reach Kadish's control room. You get a brief flash of the start of the age (black floor / statue) before being returned to relto.

I had that problem in Live 8. I think it was related to the buggy book. Did you start Live 9 with a fresh Ahnonay?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next