It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:02 am 

Believe it or not, I actually *whiite* screened last night on the way from Ahnonay Cathedral to Sphere 2. That's never happened to me before.

It happened twice in a row, exactly the same way. I'd link to a completely white screen, although I could still hear Sphere 2 sounds in the background.

Then after maybe three or four seconds, my small Relto book at lower left started flashing and I Reltoed out without having touched a thing.

The third time I tried the maneuver, I CTD. Wah. :? I ticketed all of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:18 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Dev Lead: Guys, we're getting way too many complaints about black screens! Fix it!

(Dev leads goes to extended lunch)

Programmer 0: What do I do?
Programmer 1: Change it to white screens so the metrics look like you fixed the black screens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:45 am 

/me roars with laughter!!!
:P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

On my sparkly island, with all the sparklies and the bubbles rising, the surface has a bright white mask. When I walk around on it, the mask breaks up in radial lines. Does anyone else have this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:20 pm 

Rik wrote:
On my sparkly island, with all the sparklies and the bubbles rising, the surface has a bright white mask. When I walk around on it, the mask breaks up in radial lines. Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't. Mine is a soft blue glow like it's lit from underneath somehow. I'd ticket that if it's not fixed with this new update. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Rik wrote:

I haven't been on since the update today, but I've seen that phenomenon on my island too...it's more like a flicker depending on how I move or pan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was able to get on briefly right after the update, but this morning I just stack dump. It gets past the launch logos and past the initial download, but crashes when it tries to load up. I haven't tested on any of my other test clients yet, just the laptop.

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:08 pm 

I'm getting on just fine A'lan. I'm on right now, although I appear to be alone!

_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

It was just me. Rebooting seems to have corrected whatever was causing it to crash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since new update, after taking the pellet cave name out of nexus, there is no way to take a KI pic in the cave of the cleft code. If you open big KI while in lower cave, the name listed is ???. Also in the upper cave, the name listed in big Ki is ???. The Ki pic taken does go to the desktop under KI images but you can't find it in the big KI anymore. Added a ticket to this occurence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:14 pm 

That must be related to the 'fix' for the bahro cave showing up where it wasn't supposed to. I'll try to reproduce it and ticket it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:22 pm 

The instancing in the pellet caves seems to be messed up ??? or no ???. When a player in my upper cave drops a pellet and i'm in my lower cave I don't see the pellet plop into the big toilet thingy as I always did before. Seems we are not really in the same instance. I ticketed it but it's the weekend.

Muggles 3563578

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've got the old hesitation blues again. I can move for five seconds and then I freeze for at least 30 seconds. I ticketed it and made it an urgent ticket as I can't play that way. No, I didn't have the problem in release 8. I had it a little when release 9 first came out. Then as the releases improved, the lack of being able to move got worse. Would love to go in and check. :(

BTW Is there an updated time chart for the pods? I don't have any of the wedges from there. I'm also missing one from the gardens we traveled to from the neighborhood, but I don't know which one.
Thanks for all the help I have received in the past few days from Paul, Shorahmin, and others, to complete Ahnonay. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm getting the old "warp back" in 3rd person during the walk from collecting the fireflies to the linking book to transport them in Eder Gira. You get partway down the path and then the viewpoint pulls back to leave you facing the wall under the lamp with the cloth. If you F1, you're back to where you should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:22 pm 

gimlet wrote:
I'm getting the old "warp back" in 3rd person during the walk from collecting the fireflies to the linking book to transport them in Eder Gira. You get partway down the path and then the viewpoint pulls back to leave you facing the wall under the lamp with the cloth. If you F1, you're back to where you should be.

It likes to do that. My warp for Gira is when I go there from Relto. It zooms the camera from the book pedestal at the beginning of the age through all the rocks and into the cave.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next