It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:13 pm 

oooooo sky pilot access to Ahnonay i want that too!

i bet it is a buggy tho :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

HenryMikel wrote:
Perhaps because of it, everytime I linked to anyone's Ahnonay I would first see the actual sphere from above and then drop into it. I've never had that happen before. It would take a second or so after I would see the complete sphere to reach the surface. It was a great effect. I am going to retest tonight and see if I can duplicate it and get a pic or video.

I think I saw that as well - after I deleted my book & went back to the pub to get a new book - the 1st time I linked into Ahnonay I saw a big white sphere for a split-second before getting the usual 3rd person view of the first sphere. Haven't seen it since. I didn't think to ticket it since it was over so quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Ah. Now... latency might be an issue. I didn't realise that it worked at all. Try walking all the way round once, and running all the way round next time. Do you have satellite broadband?

I have high speed DSL.
ok i'll try anything...thx Rusty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm 

indiginous wrote:
HenryMikel wrote:
Perhaps because of it, everytime I linked to anyone's Ahnonay I would first see the actual sphere from above and then drop into it. I've never had that happen before. It would take a second or so after I would see the complete sphere to reach the surface. It was a great effect. I am going to retest tonight and see if I can duplicate it and get a pic or video.

I think I saw that as well - after I deleted my book & went back to the pub to get a new book - the 1st time I linked into Ahnonay I saw a big white sphere for a split-second before getting the usual 3rd person view of the first sphere. Haven't seen it since. I didn't think to ticket it since it was over so quickly.

Was the last cloth you touched in build 8 the one they removed from the area with the big gears? If so, it probably lost track of where you were and put you outside the sphere the first time. The first cloth you touched would fix it. And Henry's instance could be explained if he wasn't touching cloths to update the save location because he was in someone else's Ahnonay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

SCGreyWolf
Quote:
And Henry's instance could be explained if he wasn't touching cloths to update the save location because he was in someone else's Ahnonay.

I've finished my own Ahnonay so that's not this bug. But if you did not read Gregbert's post and tried to link to the missing cloth you do get an interesting view of part of A4. I'm not certain what you're looking at but it's bizarre.

My spheres look like what you used to find if you climbed to the top of the ladder in A1 before they squished that bug. Each Ahnonay had its own different sphere. I hope I can replicate the bug tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?

no others with me at the time that i tried to go back and get to the last sphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

ok, so now i'm ready to find a buddy and get to the last phase of this Ahnonay age...i'll be testing on and off all evening..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

momamia wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:

no others with me at the time that i tried to go back and get to the last sphere.
Where did the shell cloth take you at that point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
momamia wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:

Where did the shell cloth take you at that point?

It took me back to starry A. and now i'm back at water A. and ready to find a buddy to help me...wish me luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Found me a buddy--I did!
whooo! Aint this great?
did i mention that i LOVE being in this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 am 
Obduction Backer

I didn't see a separate thread on the Ahnonay Office window not opening, so I will post the response to my ticket here
T Appling wrote:
Hi greypiffle -

Thanks for submitting this one. There is a fix for this one, just not in time for the last update. Please watch for it in a future release.

Thanks again for your help and bugs.

ResEng T Appling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks greypiffle. That makes sense. The window was multiplayer broken previously so it seems they just sort of disabled it while fixing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm 

I'll admit that I haven't read every single post here, so I apologize if this has been reported. It's the first time I've encountered it.

A little while ago, I started Ahnonay with a new avie. On Sphere 1, I successfully dispatched all quabs, including the one on the tower island -- and the sensor even showed a correct reading of one light. :P

But when I touched the Shell cloth, it was completely unresponsive. It did have a hotspot, but nothing would happen. I tried it a bunch of times and got zip. I went ahead and ticketed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:00 am 
Obduction Backer

After many tries, Paul and I were able to get me to the end of Ahnonay. [spoiler]I finally got the link to K'veer and was able to proceed to get my last sparkly.[/spoiler] Now, I can't get back to Relto to see it! :cry: I keep getting black screened. I tried four times tonight, linked out through Task Manager; went to supper, came back in and tried again three times. Actually, I also had a lot of trouble getting to the cleft, moving around the Watcher's Pub, Ahnonay, the city, Relto; my avie would stop and the music would stop, after fifteen seconds or more, the sound of a tape slipping would be heard, and then slowly, my avie could move. Only to repeat it 15 seconds or later. It was like moving through molasses. [spoiler] I had no problem in K'veer.[/spoiler]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next