It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:15 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 11:08 pm
Posts: 3847
Location: In the Cleft
oooooo sky pilot access to Ahnonay i want that too!

i bet it is a buggy tho :)

_________________
URU MOUL Lives
Admin
3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin
"We Build Worlds"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:26 am
Posts: 88
Location: New Jersey
HenryMikel wrote:
Perhaps because of it, everytime I linked to anyone's Ahnonay I would first see the actual sphere from above and then drop into it. I've never had that happen before. It would take a second or so after I would see the complete sphere to reach the surface. It was a great effect. I am going to retest tonight and see if I can duplicate it and get a pic or video.


I think I saw that as well - after I deleted my book & went back to the pub to get a new book - the 1st time I linked into Ahnonay I saw a big white sphere for a split-second before getting the usual 3rd person view of the first sphere. Haven't seen it since. I didn't think to ticket it since it was over so quickly.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:42 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 259
Location: kansas
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Ah. Now... latency might be an issue. I didn't realise that it worked at all. Try walking all the way round once, and running all the way round next time. Do you have satellite broadband?

I have high speed DSL.
ok i'll try anything...thx Rusty!

_________________
where the world flattens out, people fall off, and we're still looking for TOTO
AKA--nita
member of the Guild of Greeters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:53 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 12:55 pm
Posts: 9852
Location: Luton, UK
Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:08 am
Posts: 1991
Location: Greenville, SC
indiginous wrote:
HenryMikel wrote:
Perhaps because of it, everytime I linked to anyone's Ahnonay I would first see the actual sphere from above and then drop into it. I've never had that happen before. It would take a second or so after I would see the complete sphere to reach the surface. It was a great effect. I am going to retest tonight and see if I can duplicate it and get a pic or video.


I think I saw that as well - after I deleted my book & went back to the pub to get a new book - the 1st time I linked into Ahnonay I saw a big white sphere for a split-second before getting the usual 3rd person view of the first sphere. Haven't seen it since. I didn't think to ticket it since it was over so quickly.


Was the last cloth you touched in build 8 the one they removed from the area with the big gears? If so, it probably lost track of where you were and put you outside the sphere the first time. The first cloth you touched would fix it. And Henry's instance could be explained if he wasn't touching cloths to update the save location because he was in someone else's Ahnonay.

_________________
Can you withstand the gaze of the Eye of Eternity?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:27 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:24 am
Posts: 551
Location: Boston MA USA...... KI #11349
SCGreyWolf
Quote:
And Henry's instance could be explained if he wasn't touching cloths to update the save location because he was in someone else's Ahnonay.


I've finished my own Ahnonay so that's not this bug. But if you did not read Gregbert's post and tried to link to the missing cloth you do get an interesting view of part of A4. I'm not certain what you're looking at but it's bizarre.

My spheres look like what you used to find if you climbed to the top of the ladder in A1 before they squished that bug. Each Ahnonay had its own different sphere. I hope I can replicate the bug tonight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:23 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 259
Location: kansas
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?

no others with me at the time that i tried to go back and get to the last sphere.

_________________
where the world flattens out, people fall off, and we're still looking for TOTO
AKA--nita
member of the Guild of Greeters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:25 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 259
Location: kansas
ok, so now i'm ready to find a buddy and get to the last phase of this Ahnonay age...i'll be testing on and off all evening..

_________________
where the world flattens out, people fall off, and we're still looking for TOTO
AKA--nita
member of the Guild of Greeters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:44 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 12:55 pm
Posts: 9852
Location: Luton, UK
momamia wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?

no others with me at the time that i tried to go back and get to the last sphere.
Where did the shell cloth take you at that point?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:04 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 259
Location: kansas
Rusty_Russell wrote:
momamia wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
Another question in the light of your high-speed DSL. When it didn't work for you, did you have other people in the age with you?

no others with me at the time that i tried to go back and get to the last sphere.
Where did the shell cloth take you at that point?

It took me back to starry A. and now i'm back at water A. and ready to find a buddy to help me...wish me luck!

_________________
where the world flattens out, people fall off, and we're still looking for TOTO
AKA--nita
member of the Guild of Greeters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:31 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 259
Location: kansas
Found me a buddy--I did!
whooo! Aint this great?
did i mention that i LOVE being in this?

_________________
where the world flattens out, people fall off, and we're still looking for TOTO
AKA--nita
member of the Guild of Greeters


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:24 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:36 am
Posts: 1477
I didn't see a separate thread on the Ahnonay Office window not opening, so I will post the response to my ticket here
T Appling wrote:
Hi greypiffle -

Thanks for submitting this one. There is a fix for this one, just not in time for the last update. Please watch for it in a future release.

Thanks again for your help and bugs.

ResEng T Appling

_________________
Greypiffle Fogg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:22 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Lost in the void
Thanks greypiffle. That makes sense. The window was multiplayer broken previously so it seems they just sort of disabled it while fixing it.

_________________
D'Lanor (ɹǝʇunч puǝƃǝן uɐqɹn)
Image
KI# 33949


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:05 pm
Posts: 447
Location: Land of Confusion
I'll admit that I haven't read every single post here, so I apologize if this has been reported. It's the first time I've encountered it.

A little while ago, I started Ahnonay with a new avie. On Sphere 1, I successfully dispatched all quabs, including the one on the tower island -- and the sensor even showed a correct reading of one light. :P

But when I touched the Shell cloth, it was completely unresponsive. It did have a hotspot, but nothing would happen. I tried it a bunch of times and got zip. I went ahead and ticketed it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:00 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 7:39 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Columbia South Carolina USA
After many tries, Paul and I were able to get me to the end of Ahnonay. [spoiler]I finally got the link to K'veer and was able to proceed to get my last sparkly.[/spoiler] Now, I can't get back to Relto to see it! :cry: I keep getting black screened. I tried four times tonight, linked out through Task Manager; went to supper, came back in and tried again three times. Actually, I also had a lot of trouble getting to the cleft, moving around the Watcher's Pub, Ahnonay, the city, Relto; my avie would stop and the music would stop, after fifteen seconds or more, the sound of a tape slipping would be heard, and then slowly, my avie could move. Only to repeat it 15 seconds or later. It was like moving through molasses. [spoiler] I had no problem in K'veer.[/spoiler]

_________________
J'ena of the lost ones
KI 00600805


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron