It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Sharing of the book in the AHnonay Cathedral is broken.

Dot, Christian Walther, Grogyan and me tried the sharing of the AHnonay book in my Cathedral. Result: The players who shared the book got to one instance (Dot, Grogyan) while the age owner and the players who not shared the book got to another instance (Christian and me). Ticket to be submitted due to downtime of support site.

When using the Ahnonay book in my relto I was sent to the Ahnonay with Christian in it (KI saying just Ahnonay without owner). When using the Ahnonay link from my Nexus I got to the instance with Dot and Grogyan (Ahnonay with correct owner).

Prior to the testing I deleted my Ahnonay books as I had two different Ahnonay instances around from testing in Live 8. Maybe the problem came from this deletion as the Ahnonay in Nexus had no number attached and should have (2) after the deletion and regetting of the book.

Guess this has to be retested with an avie that has never visited Ahnonay during Live 7 or 8 so we can be sure that sharing of the book works or is broken.

Edit:
We just tested this with fresh avies and the same happened. Me as the sharee still gets two different instances one reached from nexus (or by sharing the Cathedral book) and one reachable through relto book (or not sharing the Cathedral book).

Next test with another fresh avie will be if the two instances are coming into existance even when just visiting the age alone one time through Cathedral and after that from Nexus. If that is the case there is a real big bug in the Ahnonay instancing.

Last edited by Morgon on Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 am 

There shouldn't be a share page on the book in the Ahnonay Cathedral at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:51 am 

The share pageinside the Ahnonay book in the cathedral shouldn't be there.

But that in turn causes the instancing of going to the right sphere to go wonky, as well as the quabs jumping around.

I am said to say this, but there is a lot of work for the programmers to do in 2 weeks for this to be ready..

Another kicking and screaming build.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:38 pm 

Minor quab behavior:

I could walk through the quabs, and the darned things would turn an attack every now and then. Don't remember that from TPOTS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:12 pm 

Update on testing with fresh avies.

When the test had ended, Christian was parked on Morgon's named Ahnonay 1, while Grogyan and I went on from Morgon's anonymous Ahn to see where we could get to. That's where we found out about the rotation of the spheres going wonky (Ahn1-Ahn3-Ahn1-Ahn2, at which point we got rid of crystal trees, Relto books were no longer shareable, and Grogyan needed sleep).

I went back to Relto. On the bookshelf were AhnCath and Ahn books (this avie hadn't picked up anything other than KI previously). Of course, I tried the Ahn book: this took me to Morgon's named Ahnonay 1, where I could see Christian still parked there.

I later tried to test where I got to from the Relto Ahn books in the new avie's shelf. The Ahn book took me to Ahn 2 complete with crystal trees (consistently). The Cathedral book took me to my own AhnCathedral, and from there to an anonymous Ahn 1 with chasable qwabs (again consistently).

Romer: you might see scuttling qwabs, jumping qwabs, the fearless sort that you experienced, and even qwabs falling from the sky in starry Ahn. There's been some serious mutating going on... (see this thread: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12211)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:21 pm 

Thanks, Dot. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, so much of a tester... I have a complete buggie Ahnonnay. I already deleted the Cathedral an Ahnonnay books 3 times with no better results: If I just link to Cathredral and link back to Ahnonnay, it suppose to rotate the spheres. But that is not the case for me. I tried trillion times just the Cath-Ahno-Cath-Ahno-Cath... at nauseum and, invariably, I get stuck in sphere 1 or 2 or 3... Tried many times that I don't know what else to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:55 pm 

I smell a possible vault wipe coming on this one... It sounds like there are bad entries across the board now. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:34 pm 

I really hope not, because if that happens no Avie's in the Rehearsal will evel find out what happens when you put in the 12th sparkly. Something strange is already happening after 11 so I am now curious to see what happens after 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Uruboo wrote:
Well, so much of a tester... I have a complete buggie Ahnonnay. I already deleted the Cathedral an Ahnonnay books 3 times with no better results: If I just link to Cathredral and link back to Ahnonnay, it suppose to rotate the spheres. But that is not the case for me. I tried trillion times just the Cath-Ahno-Cath-Ahno-Cath... at nauseum and, invariably, I get stuck in sphere 1 or 2 or 3... Tried many times that I don't know what else to do...

The life form detection in Ahnonay is still a bit buggy and sometimes sectors are flagged as occupied even if there is no living in the current sphere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, sounds like vault corruption in the Ahnonay instances. I never really got that far in Ahnonay last time around, so I didn't generate any multiple instances or anything.

But last night, I ran through Ahnonay with someone and pretty much had no problems. He used an invite to get to my Cathedral and we didn't use the share book option (except for having him use the cloth tab in my Relto shelf to get to the end) - but the instances worked just peachy over all.

I did have the issue where it seemed to take several times through the Cathedral for it to shift to the next sphere. That seemed erratic though - if there is a timer to the shift, that would explain it. Would be nice to get confirmation from a bluename on that though :)

MOULagain KI#27460 - Second Life: Vax Sirnah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:14 pm 

peteki wrote:
I really hope not, because if that happens no Avie's in the Rehearsal will evel find out what happens when you put in the 12th sparkly. Something strange is already happening after 11 so I am now curious to see what happens after 12.

If you're talking about [spoiler]the wispy column,[/spoiler] mine was doing that before I got #11...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Update:
Testing with another fresh avie finished.

As long as you just use the book in Ahnonay Cathedral and don't share it everything is fine and there will be only one instance of the age. There is even no direct link to Ahnonay in Nexus, only the one to the Cathedral.

Once the book in the Cathedral has been shared using the share symbol there are two instances and a direct link in the Nexus list.

So for now we should restarin ourselves from sharing the book in the Cathedral. Tho its no problem if other players use the book in our Cathedral without sharing to get to our own Ahnonay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:05 am 

I suspect that simply deleting the Ahn books in Relto, picking up a new cathedral book, linking to Ahn from the cathedral then back to the cathedral from Ahn is not enough to delete the extra 'shared' instance.

The first time I deleted the Ahn books, I ended up with a nice clean anonymous scuttly-qwab Ahn when linking from the Cathedral, but as soon as I tried using the Relto Ahn book I ended up in Morgon/Gathmor's Ahn.

The next time I did this:
Watcher's Sanctuary to Cathedral
Cath to Ahn (scuttly-qwab anonymous Ahn)
Touch cloth, then Relto
Relto to Ahn via cloth page (scuttly-qwab anonymous Ahn)
BINGO!

I'll be testing that instance later today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sadly this makes the Ahnonay ages of those avatars who participated in this sharing test useless for further testing. It would have sufficed to just ticket the obviously illegal share symbol. Books that lead to the same instance by default should not have a share symbol. I guess curiosity killed the cat. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next