It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:33 pm 

When I try to climb the ladder to the tram/trolley in its initial position in Ercana, I can't do it. Then, when I try switching from first person to third at that point I am instantly transported to a first person view at the opposite end of the track, and I can't move there. This instantaneous transport happens at several other spots--in the little cave with the symbol floating in the air; out in the open by the sparklie etc. The age is unplayable for me in this state.

Last edited by stanhin on Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:41 pm 

Weirdness on top of weirdness. One of those instantaneous transport things I discussed in the post above just transported me to the starting point for the age. Then, I walked to the starting point for the tram and climbed the ladder. When I got to the top of the ladder, suddenly (without an obvious break in the scene) the tram and I were at its end point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:49 pm 

More weirdness--after I ride the little side car into the first building, I pull the lever and then rush to get out before it starts its return trip. I make it out briefly, but then the game transports me back inside it facing the wrong direction and I am forced to ride it out again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:20 pm 

I'm playing Ercana for the first time in Rehearsal and I've had none of those problems at all. All is running smooth. I've got the trolley to the other side and I've stepped off and set it on its way.

I'll report in if I have probs, especially the pellet/transport problem from the other thread (where I will post)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:05 pm 

6 hours later....the pellets are still cooking. The timer mechanism in the viewer looks like it hasn't moved although it is ticking, the big yellow button is not clickable, and there is no blue light on the pellet control panel.

5 MINUTES LATER...ka-klung, the pellets are done. Almost 6 hours to the minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:18 pm 

Tried to link one pellet to the pool, it linked briefly without me, then dropped me in the bahro cave with the circular thing in the middle and left me standing there. The pellet is MIA.

Has someone already ticketed this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've also had trouble with the tram in Ercana. My tram should have been at the station/plant, but only the forward half was there, not the back half with the ladder. When I walked back to the beginning of the track, the back half was there, no front half. As soon as I started it up, I was instantly transported back to where the back half should have been in the first place. I'll send a ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

I also cannot get to the silo in this build. I did not visit Ercana until after I had done a whole lot of things in Ahnonay and reached the end of the Age.

When I try to move a pellet to the silo, I catch a quick glimpse of the meter in the silo, and then I find myself in the upper Bahro cave as if I had touched the stone instead of the book. I did this three times just to make sure I wasn't absentmindedly touching the stone. I wasn't.

Is this a bug, do you think, or some kind of can't get there until you finish the Path of the Shell intentional thing?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kerryth wrote:
I also cannot get to the silo in this build. I did not visit Ercana until after I had done a whole lot of things in Ahnonay and reached the end of the Age.

When I try to move a pellet to the silo, I catch a quick glimpse of the meter in the silo, and then I find myself in the upper Bahro cave as if I had touched the stone instead of the book. I did this three times just to make sure I wasn't absentmindedly touching the stone. I wasn't.

Is this a bug, do you think, or some kind of can't get there until you finish the Path of the Shell intentional thing?

That is happening to me SINCE I reached the lower Bahro Cave. BEFORE I finished Ahnonnay and linked to the lower cave, I was able to drop pellets at the silo. AFTER I found the lower cave, everytime I try to drop pellets to the silo, I [quoting: catch a quick glimpse of the meter in the silo, and then I find myself in the upper Bahro cave]...
If that's a bug, I don't know. But it is strange... why it starts to happen just AFTER you find the lower Bahro Cave, hummm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Uruboo wrote:
If that's a bug, I don't know. But it is strange... why it starts to happen just AFTER you find the lower Bahro Cave, hummm?

Maybe it's a Clue! (Why do I feel like I'm channeling Rosie O'Donnell in "Sleepless in Seattle"? :lol: )

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]