It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 am 

When I use the new cleft imager code from the bottom of the cleft... it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys...

...anyone else getting this?

~
1 JOEY
2 GOTO 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:29 am 
Obduction Backer

I theory the random generator could create the same code for the pellet puzzle as for the original ages. Is that what happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
I theory the random generator could create the same code for the pellet puzzle as for the original ages. Is that what happened?

Holey Moley... you're right... I just looked in next to my pillars in the cave and it's identical... I'll add that to my ticket...

Sheesh... what are the odds?

~Joey Improbable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 am 
Obduction Backer

Joey Zoonishii wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:

Holey Moley... you're right... I just looked in next to my pillars in the cave and it's identical... I'll add that to my ticket...

~Joey Improbable

Well, if it could happen to anyone, odds are it'd be you, Joey! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:58 am 

HAHAHA! Nice Joey :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Joey Zoonishii wrote:

Well, let's see: 7 symbols, assuming the code has 4 unique symbols, then 7x6x5x4 = 840:1. But there are four "rotations" of the journey cave code, so the odds of randomly picking a journey cave code are only 210:1. Not as high as I expected, pretty low, in fact.

I'm assuming that the code never has duplicate symbols, since if duplicates were allowed, there'd be over 2400 possible code combinations, and two-thirds of the time, we'd get a random code with duplicate symbols. But that never seems to happen.

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door), otherwise, with those odds, I'm sure we'd have heard of folks unable to get Yeesha's "rewards" message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:14 pm 

pigbristles wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

Well, let's see: 7 symbols, assuming the code has 4 unique symbols, then 7x6x5x4 = 840:1. But there are four "rotations" of the journey cave code, so the odds of randomly picking a journey cave code are only 210:1. Not as high as I expected, pretty low, in fact.

I'm assuming that the code never has duplicate symbols, since if duplicates were allowed, there'd be over 2400 possible code combinations, and two-thirds of the time, we'd get a random code with duplicate symbols. But that never seems to happen.

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door), otherwise, with those odds, I'm sure we'd have heard of folks unable to get Yeesha's "rewards" message.

Pigbristles, I created a NEW avatar, ran through the Pillar Journey, Er'cana and Ahnonay to set everything up, and with this new avatar, I got a DIFFERENT code.

It must have been freak chance and there's got to be something going wrong with the code generator. Either it's NOT checking to see if it's a different code, or something in the logic is failing to test whether or not it's the same...

So, ...that's where it stands... I guess we'll see if other people get this problem.

~Joey Zoonishii

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

pigbristles wrote:

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door).

That code is static and always the same (at least for me). So it is easy to exclude that code. But the code for the end of the initial journey is not. So they have to do some additional testing to prevent creating the same code for the pellet cave.

As I found just out it is even possible to use the pellet cave code without having heard the intial message. So depending on when the journey end code is created it can happen that the pellet code already exists and they have to do the check the other way round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Joey Zoonishii wrote:

So, ...that's where it stands... I guess we'll see if other people get this problem.

~Joey Zoonishii

Well Joey, it happened to me too, so I am also one of those luck ones that can't get to K'eevr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:33 pm 

Hey Joey,

Have you tried deleting and re-doing Ahnonay and Er'Cana? Maybe you'd get a different generated code. Not a permanent solution, but at least a possible workaround.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:24 pm 

Mari' wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

~Joey Zoonishii

Well Joey, it happened to me too, so I am also one of those luck ones that can't get to K'eevr

Yup... :D

Jishin wrote:
Hey Joey,

Have you tried deleting and re-doing Ahnonay and Er'Cana? Maybe you'd get a different generated code. Not a permanent solution, but at least a possible workaround.

Well, I got a new code when I redid everything with a different avatar, but, I haven't tried deleting Ahnonay and Er'cana with the avatar that got the duplicate code... that's a good thought...

It just takes so long to set that stuff up. That's one drawback to trying to test this multiplayer stuff with hours of baking and stuff like that... :D

I'll see if I can do that though. It's a good thought.

~Joey Zumperdoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Gregbert wrote:
Cleft: Fix for an old bug where we now make certain that a player sees the intro Yeesha speech the first time through the Cleft if the finale code generated happens to match the intro speech code on the wall in the Cleft

That doesn't sound like the same bug the OP reported...he said, "it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys"

In other words, the the ahnonay-ercana code matched the ABM (original journey) code, not the intro speech code. Still busted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

pigbristles wrote:
Gregbert wrote:
Cleft: Fix for an old bug where we now make certain that a player sees the intro Yeesha speech the first time through the Cleft if the finale code generated happens to match the intro speech code on the wall in the Cleft

That doesn't sound like the same bug the OP reported...he said, "it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys"

In other words, the the ahnonay-ercana code matched the ABM (original journey) code, not the intro speech code. Still busted?

Have a look at this fix:
gregbert wrote:
- Ahnonay: Fix so that the pellet cave solution won't match the original (orange) Bahro Cave solution

That's the one you are looking for :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 pm 

*clicks heels*

Yup, it's been fixed!

I took my avatar with the duplicate code, dropped another pellet and got a different code!

~Joey Clickenstance

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]