It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 pm
Posts: 963
When I use the new cleft imager code from the bottom of the cleft... it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys...

...anyone else getting this?


~
1 JOEY
2 GOTO 1

_________________
"What you still don't understand you have failed to hear or don't need to know..."~Yeesha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:29 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:13 pm
Posts: 3426
Location: Lost in the void
I theory the random generator could create the same code for the pellet puzzle as for the original ages. Is that what happened?

_________________
D'Lanor (ɹǝʇunч puǝƃǝן uɐqɹn)
Image
KI# 33949


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 pm
Posts: 963
D'Lanor wrote:
I theory the random generator could create the same code for the pellet puzzle as for the original ages. Is that what happened?


Holey Moley... you're right... I just looked in next to my pillars in the cave and it's identical... I'll add that to my ticket...

Sheesh... what are the odds?


~Joey Improbable

_________________
"What you still don't understand you have failed to hear or don't need to know..."~Yeesha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:35 pm
Posts: 864
Location: Shasta Lake, Superior California
Joey Zoonishii wrote:
D'Lanor wrote:
I theory the random generator could create the same code for the pellet puzzle as for the original ages. Is that what happened?


Holey Moley... you're right... I just looked in next to my pillars in the cave and it's identical... I'll add that to my ticket...

Sheesh... what are the odds?


~Joey Improbable


Well, if it could happen to anyone, odds are it'd be you, Joey! :lol:

_________________
When you shop, insist on free range corn dogs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 154
Location: USA
HAHAHA! Nice Joey :P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:51 am
Posts: 311
Location: USA
Joey Zoonishii wrote:
Sheesh... what are the odds?


Well, let's see: 7 symbols, assuming the code has 4 unique symbols, then 7x6x5x4 = 840:1. But there are four "rotations" of the journey cave code, so the odds of randomly picking a journey cave code are only 210:1. Not as high as I expected, pretty low, in fact.

I'm assuming that the code never has duplicate symbols, since if duplicates were allowed, there'd be over 2400 possible code combinations, and two-thirds of the time, we'd get a random code with duplicate symbols. But that never seems to happen.

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door), otherwise, with those odds, I'm sure we'd have heard of folks unable to get Yeesha's "rewards" message.

_________________
ImageImage
KI # 71526
Amber Horizons


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 pm
Posts: 963
pigbristles wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:
Sheesh... what are the odds?


Well, let's see: 7 symbols, assuming the code has 4 unique symbols, then 7x6x5x4 = 840:1. But there are four "rotations" of the journey cave code, so the odds of randomly picking a journey cave code are only 210:1. Not as high as I expected, pretty low, in fact.

I'm assuming that the code never has duplicate symbols, since if duplicates were allowed, there'd be over 2400 possible code combinations, and two-thirds of the time, we'd get a random code with duplicate symbols. But that never seems to happen.

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door), otherwise, with those odds, I'm sure we'd have heard of folks unable to get Yeesha's "rewards" message.


Pigbristles, I created a NEW avatar, ran through the Pillar Journey, Er'cana and Ahnonay to set everything up, and with this new avatar, I got a DIFFERENT code.

It must have been freak chance and there's got to be something going wrong with the code generator. Either it's NOT checking to see if it's a different code, or something in the logic is failing to test whether or not it's the same...

So, ...that's where it stands... I guess we'll see if other people get this problem.


~Joey Zoonishii

_________________
"What you still don't understand you have failed to hear or don't need to know..."~Yeesha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:08 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 9:31 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Berlin, Germany
pigbristles wrote:

There must be some logic in the journey cave code generator to avoid the initial code (by the cleft imager room door).


That code is static and always the same (at least for me). So it is easy to exclude that code. But the code for the end of the initial journey is not. So they have to do some additional testing to prevent creating the same code for the pellet cave.

As I found just out it is even possible to use the pellet cave code without having heard the intial message. So depending on when the journey end code is created it can happen that the pellet code already exists and they have to do the check the other way round.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:10 am
Posts: 604
Location: Columbus, Nebraska
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

So, ...that's where it stands... I guess we'll see if other people get this problem.


~Joey Zoonishii


Well Joey, it happened to me too, so I am also one of those luck ones that can't get to K'eevr

_________________
Of course we all have our own 'obsessions' too, which is why we're here. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 8:47 pm
Posts: 1046
Hey Joey,

Have you tried deleting and re-doing Ahnonay and Er'Cana? Maybe you'd get a different generated code. Not a permanent solution, but at least a possible workaround.

_________________
Image Jishin's KI: 82165


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 pm
Posts: 963
Mari' wrote:
Joey Zoonishii wrote:

So, ...that's where it stands... I guess we'll see if other people get this problem.


~Joey Zoonishii


Well Joey, it happened to me too, so I am also one of those luck ones that can't get to K'eevr


Yup... :D

Jishin wrote:
Hey Joey,

Have you tried deleting and re-doing Ahnonay and Er'Cana? Maybe you'd get a different generated code. Not a permanent solution, but at least a possible workaround.


Well, I got a new code when I redid everything with a different avatar, but, I haven't tried deleting Ahnonay and Er'cana with the avatar that got the duplicate code... that's a good thought...

It just takes so long to set that stuff up. That's one drawback to trying to test this multiplayer stuff with hours of baking and stuff like that... :D

I'll see if I can do that though. It's a good thought.


~Joey Zumperdoo

_________________
"What you still don't understand you have failed to hear or don't need to know..."~Yeesha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 4:51 am
Posts: 311
Location: USA
Gregbert wrote:
Cleft: Fix for an old bug where we now make certain that a player sees the intro Yeesha speech the first time through the Cleft if the finale code generated happens to match the intro speech code on the wall in the Cleft


That doesn't sound like the same bug the OP reported...he said, "it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys"

In other words, the the ahnonay-ercana code matched the ABM (original journey) code, not the intro speech code. Still busted?

_________________
ImageImage
KI # 71526
Amber Horizons


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 9:31 pm
Posts: 357
Location: Berlin, Germany
pigbristles wrote:
Gregbert wrote:
Cleft: Fix for an old bug where we now make certain that a player sees the intro Yeesha speech the first time through the Cleft if the finale code generated happens to match the intro speech code on the wall in the Cleft


That doesn't sound like the same bug the OP reported...he said, "it plays the old ending message from the end of the original journeys"

In other words, the the ahnonay-ercana code matched the ABM (original journey) code, not the intro speech code. Still busted?


Have a look at this fix:
gregbert wrote:
- Ahnonay: Fix so that the pellet cave solution won't match the original (orange) Bahro Cave solution


That's the one you are looking for :-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 pm
Posts: 963
*clicks heels*

Yup, it's been fixed!

I took my avatar with the duplicate code, dropped another pellet and got a different code!


~Joey Clickenstance

_________________
"What you still don't understand you have failed to hear or don't need to know..."~Yeesha


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: