It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Book Slap in Ahnonay
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:11 am 

I got slapped in the face by the Cathedral book while I was linking out of Ahnonay!

ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Sud ... or_Sho.wmv
or
ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Sudre/Ahnonay/

Plus the spheres would just NOT rotate for Shorahmin and I. We tried everything.
The book would come up like that twice everytime I would try to link with Shorahmin at the dock area. When he'd leave the age everything would work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Especially when linking from the Water Age I have had this problem. Try checking the tower Quab indicator before linking the next time. I found that it showed me and a blue light on the right side of the island (two blue lights - a bug I guess). It was easy to get rid of by running back to the right side and then returning to see that the only blue light left was me, then the rotation worked.

Give it a try.

Dadguy

EDIT: The point is that it will not rotate till there is only one blue light on the island

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Quabs are on a respawn timer now, and sometimes there is a quab back at the tower. If you miss it first time round it will appear on the main island. Secondly, if two of you are visible to the radar, the age will not change until the last one leaves. You're both life forms after all. Strictly there's no point more than one person being on the island at a time. The owner can wait at the cloth while the helper rotates the age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's what happened. Initially, I was alone in the water sphere. All quabs were definitely gone. I could rotate the spheres. I swam to the maintenance area and waited in the back. I had verified from the water that no blue marks were on the radar. Sudre came in to help and reported several blue marks. After a full search found no quabs, he tried linking out and back to rotate the spheres or clear the extra marks. It didn't work. We then tried several more times from different spheres which he could rotate if I was not in the age. We never could get it to work with two in the age in any sphere. All the while not a single quab was found although we looked thoroughly. The number of blue marks seemed to vary randomly. We have both ticketed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:37 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quabs are on a respawn timer now, and sometimes there is a quab back at the tower. If you miss it first time round it will appear on the main island. Secondly, if two of you are visible to the radar, the age will not change until the last one leaves. You're both life forms after all. Strictly there's no point more than one person being on the island at a time. The owner can wait at the cloth while the helper rotates the age.

While working with Slider last night we found that the sphere rotated twice (as I expected) when we linked out via the book one after another. I suppose it rotated both times because we were on the same pressure plate. Also, I had to get in the water to get the detector to stop registering me at one point. The dock wasn't enough. :) I did notice whilst in the water that the indicator had no blips on it after Slider had linked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I suppose it rotated both times because we were on the same pressure plate.
Did you show up as one blue blip or two? I assume one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:05 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
I suppose it rotated both times because we were on the same pressure plate.
Did you show up as one blue blip or two? I assume one.

Yes, one. I think that it might actually be a bug. If I was still standing on the plate when he left it shouldn't have turned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

You deceived it. :D I'd expect 1 - 1 to be 0 as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Since I have nothing else to do, I've continued trying Ahnonay. Learned the following. Even though I arrive in the water sphere with just one mark showing on the radar (Me), as I ran around to the pedestal more would accumulate until reaching the pedestal. By that time there might be four or five. Link out to cathedral and back and it's back to one again. And everything repeats. Having a thought, I tried walking slowly around and BINGO!. It worked. Tried this several times through all spheres and it's repeatable. Lest someone remind me, yes I've updated my ticket.

Some may recall that I am on a satellite connection. That may be exacerbating the problem.

Now I just need someone to rotate the spheres after walking slowly around the island...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Some may recall that I am on a satellite connection. That may be exacerbating the problem.

Good test! You've just proved latency.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Good test! You've just proved latency.

Surely meager me is not in any position to "prove latency". I think Einstein (Or perhaps physicists Albert Michelson and Edward Morley) started that.

What I may have done is find another place in MOUL where latency matters. Usually it has no effect on my experience of the game. But there are a few places (mostly in Gahreensen when jumping from/to moving objects) where it does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorahmin wrote:

I can confirm that. I recently observed this together with a player who visibly had a lot of lag (Anarion, maybe? Don't remember.). As long as he was in the age, both of us would leave behind lots of stuck lights when running around the island - as soon as I was alone, the problem was gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:19 pm 

Like I told Greypiffle last night while we were testing Ahnonay, I think some mean person/people put gum under the plates... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

yes, but my question is why run around the island...

in Watery Ahnonay, I just swim across.
:D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:49 pm 

greypiffle wrote:
yes, but my question is why run around the island...

in Watery Ahnonay, I just swim across.
:D :P

Slider walked on the water across the spillway. I have no other comment on THAT one. ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next