It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have had more net6 errors today than all the other days/months of rehearsal put together! ANyone else experiencing more than usual? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:38 pm 

Yeah, I tend to net 6 if I'm doing any alt-tabbing out of game, and then even sometimes when I'm not.

Not matter what, 9 has been BAD about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:41 pm 

Is that lately, or since release? I alt-tab all the time and have no problems (that I know of). I'll test it more tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:31 am 

I haven't had time to test tonight, but historically I've had really really horrible problems with Net6. Good for me to know if there's a rise in occurrences among other players so I don't go flipping out on support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 pm 

My test avie was getting Net 6'ed everytime I would log in after the initial one, but when I use my main avie no issues whatsoever, odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

3 Error 6 in short period of time, once just on moving, once on log in, once in link in room of Kveer. Also the usual crop of "Uruexplorer.exe has ceased working" in link. Anyone else got this elusive bug? It is starting to have all the feel of the southern hemisphere latency problem which caused/ and still causes my avatars to be unable to pass through the fissure to the Cleft and thus stops endgame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

At first login after updating I went straight into the black age instead of Relto. Haven't seen that one for a long time. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:27 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Here too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

The second time I was patient enough to wait for the black age to time out and sure enough a Net 6 appeared. So I guess this counts as a "me too".

Edit: Hmm, it seems ok now. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I got a few black links today too (which seem to be the Mac equivalent of "Net 6", whatever that is, if the experience with the nameless hood is any indication).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I've had a resurgence of Error 6, iwth 9 and even an Error 5...plus what seems to be either an Antipdean or personal problem, "Uruexplorer.exe ceased working" which only occurs in in link, and virtually always on exiting a bahro cave, (not entering it), and made doing Ahnonay with all the linking in and out a misery. A 3 month runnig bug report has not found a solution to a problem which another Australian player apparently also experiences. It has the feel of the latency issue which causes failure of an avatar to pass thrugh the fissure at endgame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:48 am 

Sounds like you are all heading to where I am with the persistant bug I have had since day one.
Not always do I get a Net6, but sometimes its just a blank screen and then the game goes kaput.

Both are related, syncronisation to the server and read/write to virtual memory suddenly.

Sound familiar?

On top of that, my wireless modem I had before, and for the first 6 months, I could log on without a problem, then from then on for 4 months I was unable to get online, EXCEPT Rehearsal - Latency syncronization to the server, and no way round it, it is a broadband modem, forcing me to change to wired, but I still see the same change, and it will come, "destruction is coming", ah yep not logging on will destroy everything.

This IS one of those bugs that needs fixing during hiatus, shadows too, as well as double transparent textures cancelling out.
And one last one, minor it may seem, add anther layer to the game engine, that deals only to markers and the marker games, still not being able to pick up markers on sub world components is problematic for IC discussions, as well as explaining to someone that you are in a building and its the scenery that rotates, not you, or not at all in the case of Ahnonay.

I'm sorry its late for me and i'm tired, see ya tomorrow

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:35 am 

Add my name to those experiencing a rash of Net6's. But here is the weird part - it's only happening to the new avi I created at the start of build 9 and only after the last update. After the first two Net6s, I got her all the way to Relto - opened the KI - and discovered she didn't exist. No KI number - no assigned hood. Oh - and the hood book in my hut did not have a hotspot.

How's them potatoes :?

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:47 pm 

I've had very few Net6 errors in general, and I hadn't had one with this build until just now. I had alt-tabbed out to dump a screenshot, and encountered it upon my return to the game.

The only other one I've had recently was before the most recent update. I don't remember what I'd been doing at the time, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last night I had more freezes and crashes than I've had since "Scars" when everybody was trying to squeeze into the City. A couple of times I got the Net6 dialog box, but usually it was freeze, then black screen with game cursor but no response. Sometimes before the freeze my avatar could still function minimally, but hot spots did not work and other players did not respond. Getting back in was also very difficult, intermittently. I would get the black screen after logging in. Nearly everyone I worked with last night was having some similar trouble. Others seemed to be doing fine.

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next