It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:51 pm 

Kerryth wrote:
Last night I had more freezes and crashes than I've had since "Scars" when everybody was trying to squeeze into the City. A couple of times I got the Net6 dialog box, but usually it was freeze, then black screen with game cursor but no response. Sometimes before the freeze my avatar could still function minimally, but hot spots did not work and other players did not respond. Getting back in was also very difficult, intermittently. I would get the black screen after logging in. Nearly everyone I worked with last night was having some similar trouble. Others seemed to be doing fine.

Same here, Kerryth! We seem to be having a lot of the same experiences lately! :D

In fact, after I posted about my Net6 error last night, I ran into a variety of problems -- black screens and freezes (with Task Mgr showing Uru as still running), CTDs, and more Net6s -- all duly ticketed. I finally stopped testing for the night because it became difficult to get anywhere!

Whatever the problem is, I guess lots of folks are having it. :( I hope Cyan is able to track it down!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:18 pm 

Hope some of you get further with support than I did. Although I've been having these problems continuously since Build 4, I certainly had them in spades last night. Support told me to take it up with my ISP, even though Uru is the only network-related service I've ever had an issue with, with great ping times and no problems that remote monitoring can detect. I can't understand what makes Uru so fragile that I can predict when these disconnects will occur just through gameplay sequence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Still crashing with "Uruexplorer.exe ceased working", always in link, almost invariably when quitting a bahro cave. Didn't happen before Build 8, and I have ADSL2, and no problem with any other program......it made doing Ahnonay fiery abyss, since I was never sure if the sphere had progressed before I crashed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Oh dear...the laptop is fine, the PC has "Failed to delete old patcher executable. Access is denied". Any suggestions? The Support Desk doesn't answer atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can you do a forum search for that error? I know it's come up before. I think that your urulauncher.exe has gone missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

If anyone else gets the problem, Mark Dev and chucker both suggested logging on as administrator to update, then logging in in the usual manner. This worked fine. The problem, which also existed for my other addiction seems to date from Windows' last update, but we don't know why.

The suggested solution works perfectly, thanks chucker and Mark Dev. I do know now that I'm not the only person who has had this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Are you using vista, Julia? Is the error unique to vista, if so?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

I did get a reply back from Support that the number of people testing Ahnonay was putting a lot of pressure on the rehearsal server, which is evidently smaller and less "robust" than the Live server.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's quite funny! We must be doing our job properly then. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:37 pm 

Kerryth wrote:
I did get a reply back from Support that the number of people testing Ahnonay was putting a lot of pressure on the rehearsal server, which is evidently smaller and less "robust" than the Live server.

I got one of those too, pertaining to not only Net6s but also to black screens and CTDs.

However, I got another one from a different ResEng concerning CTDs saying he thinks my computer is at fault. Go figure. :shock:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2