It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Remember the steps that come out of the wall in PotS in the watcher's pub after the 15 min wait under the light? I've only just noticed them. You can walk up them and along the ledge to the button that advanced the bridge to the tree. The button has a hotspot but nothing happens once you've pressed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 pm 

I have submitted a bug report on this their reply was:

Ticket Ref # 2157-YGLC-0526
Quote:
=============== :: Subject :: ==============
Unable to activate Great Tree Door

=============== :: Message :: ==============
Hi Ravin -

Thanks for the reminder on this. At this time, we are aware of this issue and it is currently in our internal bug database.

We appreciate your effort and we look forward to receiving more of your valuable feedback.

ResEng T Appling
URU Live Support Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Ravin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:32 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I think support's response in this case is not accurate. I think it's more like they can't, or won't, say. The Watcher's Pub puzzle to the Great Tree hangs off the Pub like a vestigial appendix now that Myst and K'veer are reached through the pellet cave solution and the Cleft portal.

I don't know why they would give us that area to test unless there were a reason, but it really doesn't seem to be going anywhere in terms of priority or advertised episode content. It's just... there. No ball, no bridge, no Great Tree, no link to... somewhere.

Why would Cyan spend time on it? Why would they let us test it? Beats me. As a gift to Rehearsal? Possibly, but I think GB would have said so. As story content hidden from us? That's a lot of untested content to rely on for story purposes.

So there it is... Just hanging out there for whatever it's worth. Maybe it's just static space - the simple reuse of existing assets to give us something more, nearly for free. That would be disappointing.

What would be exciting is if the Relto calendar somehow tied in with the Great Tree as a way to get to the Caldera and Myst V content next year, but finding the access hole to the Great Shaft blocked. THAT would be a fabulous cliff-hanger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
You can walk up them and along the ledge to the button that advanced the bridge to the tree. The button has a hotspot but nothing happens once you've pressed it.

And you can walk over the invisible path where the steps should be.
If you step down in the middele you can walk also the path that the rollel ball should have taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:49 pm 

Or maybe the Great Tree is part of the season premiere? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:16 pm 

SCGreyWolf wrote:
Or maybe the Great Tree is part of the season premiere? ;)

That would be really cool, but it seems unlikely, since that area still has quite a few bugs. Though, it doesn't make sense why they would have us test it, then we never hear about it again... perhaps they were planning on doing something with it, then nixed the idea. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:38 pm 

Dunno

What I do know is that with all the content that has been released this past year, there are now a LOT more doors/doorways (physical) where content can be added to, like the city proper is just a short trip down the shaft.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]