It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Hey gurus, before I do this, I'd like some feedback on any workthroughs. I am not anticipating a solution but thought I would at least alert anyone else having a problem like mine.

Last time through Ahnonay I got stuck in that construction area with the statue. I finally got through the process back to Water Ahnonay.

I went back to relto to link through to the control room which I had already been in and kept getting kicked out. My relto book would flash, a weird texture graphic would flash and then I would be back home.

I checked with online help and was told that I probably still had build 8 books and would need to start over with that age. Anyone else heard of that happening?

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Post subject: Not I
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:49 am 

I haven't seen this issue before. I'll go in and check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 am 

I've had the books on my shelf since its first pre alpha on my primary avatar and I haun't had that bug.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:09 am 
Obduction Backer

I really did not want to delete my books!! Soooooo......

I found a guide by cubkyle and decided to follow it to the letter although I had already 1) turned off the water 2) gotten as far as the lightening relto page, and gotten some how to the statue room, the tunnel, and Kadish's office at some point during testing. The only difference now is that in the tower there is no longer the lever to open the doors on the left of the window like in POTS so now you have to go through the rigamarole of using helpers (not complaining....just not always easy to catch someone around when I am on).

So now I am at that crossroad, successfully, where I will need someone to assist with the next stage. I am hoping that this will also solve the need to delete my books since I managed to come this far.

And I am guessing that if solved the puzzle from old information in build 8, and because I was stuck in that dark statue area in between builds, that somehow the two pieces of code could not reconcile and when I linked on the journey cloth it could not make the connection and sent me back to relto.

Just guessing.....anyone going to be on line tomorrow eveing EST after 10 pm?

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:55 am 

The problem you were experiencing is because Cyan removed a couple of the shell cloths from the game. This caused your shell cloth link to mess up; however, Cyan was incorrect in that you needed to delete your books to fix it. I had this problem and was able to fix it by going through the Cathedral to sphere 1 and pressing a shell cloth there; it worked fine for me all the way through after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Herohtar wrote:
The problem you were experiencing is because Cyan removed a couple of the shell cloths from the game. This caused your shell cloth link to mess up; however, Cyan was incorrect in that you needed to delete your books to fix it. I had this problem and was able to fix it by going through the Cathedral to sphere 1 and pressing a shell cloth there; it worked fine for me all the way through after that.

Thanks for the update. That is what I would have expected, knowing something about the structure of the vault.

The only situation that requires deleting the Ahnonay books is when you have the multiple instance bug (which btw does not happen anymore now).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]