It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Major Help
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:23 pm 

I really need for someone with expertise to give me a detailed walkthrough of how to
1: Share a book to include what I should see on my screen
and
2: How to Invite someone to a privately instanced age.
Either I am doing it completely wrong
or
I have a major Bug

Since Build 9 came on, I have been totally unable to get anyone to my ahnonay to rotate it.

PS: This occurs on two different computers with either of my avatars and also in Live.
(Tells me that Im doing something wrong. But what---I have no idea)
:( :evil: :( :(

The Story tells it all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

to share the book you need to open the book in question. It will come up as always on your screen.

the left side page has a share logo click on that (the book leaves the screen) and your curser should then look like a book then you click that book on the person to share with and it should then bring the book up for them (you will not see it again)

To invite you need to click on your buddy list or age list or where ever you can access the name easiest. . . . and find the person you want to invite click their name it will come up above the list of places, as the selected name. scroll down in that list of things which at the top includes buddies neighbors etc. as you get farther down your personal ages will start to come up when the age in question is there you will see a white arrow of sorts to it's right click that and the invite should go to the selected person
Here are some screenshots hope this helps

ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Mystdee/sharebookonleft.jpg
ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Mystdee/bookcurser.jpg
ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Mystdee/friendselected.jpg
ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Mystdee/arrowsnexttoagesinlist.jpg

[/url]

Last edited by Mystdee on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Aussie,

Share a Relto Book

1. Stand about "three feet" away from your friend in 1st person (I find it easier in 1st).

2. Open the Relto Book. Click the symbol on the LEFT side of the open book.

3. A special icon will appear as your cursor. Click that icon on your friend's avatar. After clicking, wait about 4 seconds. If the annimation starts, you are successful. Otherwise, try again from #1.

Invites

1. Open the full page KI. Click on the CENTER of the three icons at middle left (Player View - looks like a person with arms open).

2. Select one of the lists (Buddies, Age Players, etc.) directly under the Player View icon.

3. On the right side of the screen, find and click on a name to invite. When you do this, a number of white arrows will appear between the RIGHT and LEFT side of the screen.

4. Scroll down till the Age you are interested in appears (using the white scroll button at the bottom of the LEFT area).

5. When your Age is in view, click the White Arrow that is next to the Age name. The arrows should disappear and your friend should now have the invite, which adds a new link in his/her "Private Links".

Hope that helps.

Dadguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:26 pm 

Thanks Mystdee & dadguy

the procedures seem correct as the way I do them.

Here though is what I see when I place the icon over someone:

I see the little book icon and a single ring under it. Never do I see the normal hotspot. When I click, it all just goes away.

I seem to recall that I should see the double ring hotspot[/img][/spoiler]

The Story tells it all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I added screenshots, the way it looks for me
maybe that will help? I think when you put the book icon on a person it does create a target in the circle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:40 pm 

Your pictures seem just like mine.
I just don't get a target when I place it over someone.

I already submitted a ticket earlier today as it is easy to close it if I was doing something in error.

But I have the same problem in live also. Tried it this morning.
Not seeing anyone online for two weeks didn't help. this build is probably going to push to live next thursday. And I can't get my ahnonay rotated.
Oh Well.
Thanks anyway

The Story tells it all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I see the little book icon and a single ring under it. Never do I see the normal hotspot. When I click, it all just goes away.
You're not close enough to the person you want to share with. Use the up arrow key to move forward by step until the cursor changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

'Nother thing that can mess it up. Hold still, and wait for the animation to take over after the invitee clicks. At times, it's a little slow to begin. There are a lot of things that can mess it up including the distance apart the two of you from each other.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:14 pm 

After RR reply, i tried my secondary machine with my primary avie and after moving around some and waiting, the target finally showed and everything working fine then. Was really stubborn.

Now I have to retry my primary machine the next time I see someone online, which is seldom.

Thamks to all for the suggestions.

The Story tells it all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:27 am 

Aussie - before giving up - post a request for help in the Rehearsal General Forum. Give the date and time you'll be online. Folks who can help at that time will reply. Just add their KI numbers to your Buddies list and you will see when they come on line. You can figure most folks are working on the ages and if they are not in your neighborhood list or Buddy list then you won't see them. According to Support it's the overabundance of folks on-line that has been causing the Net6 errors we've been having lately.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:45 am 

Yo Kero
No I would never give up
Since 9 came on line I have been online 40 times, sometimes for hours at a time and have seen signs of people either on my KI or in a public age/Bevin a grand total of three times. I had begun to be a little frustrated at that because I had come to the conclusion that I needed another person to get thru Ahnonay the first day.
When I went on the evening of the 19th (Fri) I waited in the pub and several people showed up. But Nothing seemed to work. The share was not working and I could not get an invite thru. That was with my second avie, Will'y.
Went on Sat (last night) with my Aussie avie and everything was working and I got completely thru everything. :D
I am still attempting to discover if my second avie is bugged or not and am planning on trying again with Will'y Tomorrow evening. We shall see!!!! :roll:

But all that being said, the help that I have gotten has been excellent and I am appreciative.

The Story tells it all

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]