It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:27 pm 

Well, there's no share symbol on the cleft book. So if an explorer uses the book they should end up in their own version yes. The question is.. do they? :?

Question two: If an explorer successfully completes a visitor's Cleft, how the heek does the page end up in the right book?

*gets out of the instancing swamp for a few hours to prevent brain imploding*

Post subject: sharing visitor books
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:39 pm 

OK, this happened to me the other day in Live. A visitor, who had done the cleft and so had the 4 pillars open but could not use the books...so far so good. Since I wanted to find out how the exploit worked, I went along...she knew exactly what to do....I touch her book (gahreesen in this case), touch the share symbol and share it. I get whalloped thru the pillar book to my gahreesen. She, the visitor, immediately went to the nexus (I tracked her) she used her private Link now to gahreesen and so on to the age.
Cyan needs to know that this is becoming common knowledge with some explorers who are making it a part of their personal program when they meet visitors. (Greeters know better than to do this...but we are not the only ones who help out) Once in a while, no big deal, but if done over a period of time, many times a day and with visitors telling about it......it's going to be a big deal very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Especially over the episode...

I think more drastic measures should be taken directly putting blocks in the vault from these exploits being used (some dirty quick hack untill a more long term modification can be made)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Samsbase wrote:
Especially over the episode...

I think more drastic measures should be taken directly putting blocks in the vault from these exploits being used (some dirty quick hack untill a more long term modification can be made)

Easiest way would be to (re)fix it in the Nexus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:54 pm 

So for someone who has not visited an age and does not have the book, just the act of sharing the book with them gives them a private link in the nexus without them going to the age?

Also, the cleft theory didn't make any sense as there is no way to lift the tab on the cleft book and the last I checked you cannot use someone else's cleft book pillar even if open. Unless this has been changed.

Jarun 00217662

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:43 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Support says they are working on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 pm 

I've never even heard of this exploit before. Where are all these new people learning it from? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:02 pm 

just an fyi, to ja'run about the cleft book. While the visitor is using his cleft book, it stays in the pillar not on the shelf-hence no tab to lift. Could someone check out this scenario: An explorer goes to a visitors relto, opens the single pillar, uses the cleft book and then the visitor gets usable age books.
If you don't think this happens, you are fooling yourself. It has slowed since Ahnonay has been released; but I bet it heats up again. And it is not necesarrily young hacks doing this; but little old explorers who just love to give tours of the ages :oops: I better shut up as I don't have logged evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:17 pm 

Budgie wrote:
Could someone check out this scenario: An explorer goes to a visitors relto, opens the single pillar, uses the cleft book and then the visitor gets usable age books.

I'm pretty sure you can't open anyone else's pillars. However, the rest of that sounds plausible after the visitor has opened their pillar. I don't see any easy way of testing that though, and it would have to be done on the Live server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can confirm the other exploit (not the cleft book one), where the visitor shares his pillar books with an explorer and gets working personal links in the Nexus.

I have also found that visitors can go to K'veer. The shell symbol in the Cleft is totally unprotected whereas the link you get in the city book is blocked.

Then I investigated if it was possible for an explorer to join GoG through the Relto hood book of a visitor. This cannot be done since the same book that sends the visitor to GoG sends explorers to the true hood of the visitor. How would you explain that IC? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Budgie wrote:
Could someone check out this scenario: An explorer goes to a visitors relto, opens the single pillar, uses the cleft book and then the visitor gets usable age books.

Tested and not working. It is uncertain if this was blocked on purpose or if another bug prevents the explorer to click the Cleft book.

The Cleft book shows linking panels of both the dry and rainy cleft on top of each other and the explorer gets no hotspot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

This was the fix for the bug where you could get more than one person to the cleft at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
This was the fix for the bug where you could get more than one person to the cleft at a time.

I don't believe that was ever possible without the share symbol. Explain please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:35 am 
Obduction Backer

I personally think it might be a good idea to allow visitors to solve the cleft and get the original ABM ages, just to get them hooked. Then to proceed further they would need to upgrade to full membership. There is still so much more content than the original journey.

A week or so ago on Live, I was giving a new explorer a tour. He said he had a buddy that would like to join us. The buddy was a visitor, so couldn't join us. The explorer is hooked on MOUL now, even finishing Ahnonay, but I don't know about the visitor.

I have tried to mentor new explorers, hoping to increase our numbers. I know there are others doing this. It gives us something to do between episodes, and hopefully strengthens our game.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
greypiffle wrote:

I don't believe that was ever possible without the share symbol. Explain please.
you used to be able to go to another person's relto. They would open the piller and then you could to to their cleft. after you arrived, they could follow. The messed up book for the visitor was the fix for that. If you do not own the cleft book, then you cannot use it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2