It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:16 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
This is not a networking stream error. If it was we could safely remove those bytes from the avatar shots. However MOUL absoloutely requires those extra bytes in the avatar shots. Try to remove them and you will see that MOUL crashes at the avatar selection screen.

I suspect that somebody "fixed" the bug in the wrong place. Instead of skipping the four bytes in the save image function the load image function for the avatar image skips the four bytes. :shock:

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:14 am 

Tiran wrote:
I suspect that somebody "fixed" the bug in the wrong place. Instead of skipping the four bytes in the save image function the load image function for the avatar image skips the four bytes. :shock:

Good point - when this does get fixed, the avatar loading code will have to be able to load existing avatar images with the 4 bytes, as well as those without. (Assuming the avatar saving code at that stage is the same as the ki image saving code, and consequently doesn't write those 4 bytes)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:33 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Support wrote:
So I did talk to Greg and the other high ups, and they said that there is a plan to try and change that header but it would require erasing all current Ki images.
--
Uru Live Support Team

The change would be welcomed by the entire community, thanks! Saving off what we already have is no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'L, the MystLore needs correcting. :)

http://www.mystlore.com/wiki/Myst_Online:_Uru_Live_KI_image_bug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:35 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Support wrote:
So I did talk to Greg and the other high ups, and they said that there is a plan to try and change that header but it would require erasing all current Ki images.
--
Uru Live Support Team

The change would be welcomed by the entire community, thanks! Saving off what we already have is no problem.

Sorry to drag this up, but this is not acceptable. I don't want to lose the months of KI images I have on my KI. That shouldn't be needed since those have already been saved. Damage done and repaired. I don't want to lose those on my hard drive either. All that needs to happen is the 4 bytes be dealt with in images post (blank). After the fix is rolled out, no images have issues with the bytes, etc. There's no sense or need to delete everyone's images (can you hear the griping from the thousands who all of a sudden lose their KI images?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

You are right. It is not needed. The KI images which are saved to disk are not used anywhere in the game afterwards.

I think that somebody has misunderstood and that they actually meant the avatar shots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:11 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Given the choice between a fix and a keeping all my in-game KI images, it's a no-brainer. Delete them. Functional use of saved images is a far more lasting benefit. Conversion would be nice, but if that breaks the deal for development to fix the problem, I don't want to hang on to images as they max my KI and I am forced to make room - by eventually deleting all my images anyway.

My secondary request to give us a way to save images sent to us would solve the problem even further. But best to only ask for things in smaller portions at a time, especially when they fix a bug rather than add a feature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh wait, I misunderstood. You mean they would fix it in the PtStartScreenCapture function for both serverside and offline KI images? Why not just fix it in the saveAsJPEG function which is used for the offline images only?

(info used here is from Until Uru)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:46 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

There is apparently some ambiguity about how it applies to avatar pics, server-side pics, and client pics. They did say "KI images." I assumed client-side because that's the complaint. It would be very easy to manage saving off the current folder. Whilyam assumed server-side and I was addressing that assumption. I guess it would be nice to find out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:13 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
Oh wait, I misunderstood. You mean they would fix it in the PtStartScreenCapture function for both serverside and offline KI images? Why not just fix it in the saveAsJPEG function which is used for the offline images only?

(info used here is from Until Uru)

Right. The ONLY things that need to be affected are NEW KI images being saved. Existing ones have no errors in them (KI opens them fine) it's only those saved to my computer before the fix that would still have errors.

If the only fix is to delete all the in-game KI images then they need to find another fix. No one is going to want to have their KI wiped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:34 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

No fix yet. Would be handy for the Minkata journal.

Keep the cause alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:59 pm 

Thanks for the info. I'm usually not using KI shots any more because the images are buggy. I'm preferring screen shots.

I've reopened and updates my old ticket to support your cause!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:23 pm 

If you take Photoshop Elements 4.0 or 5.0 and open the KIImage, Then resave it to a jpg all is fine. I usually just take the file open it adjust the lighting and then save it with a name so I can refer to it in the future.
These saved files can then be sent with a bug or used as you wish within NDA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 pm 

My program can fix all KI images in a batch with a simple press of a button. It detects fixed images, too.

The free program IrfanView can also read and fix the images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:37 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Work-arounds are great. And these are well known. It's even better to do it right and not need them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next