It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:40 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Work-arounds are great. And these are well known. It's even better to do it right and not need them.

+1

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:01 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Every time I include a pic with a ticket, which is most times because that's what Cyan likes, I continue to be halted by this BUG because thumbnails don't work. I am tired of it, and greatly annoyed it has gone on so very and too long. And that's just here in Rehearsal without considering what it means to the reduced experience by Live players who might or might not figure out that they need to ask someone for help on how to fix and use something that should work out of the box. That's a figure of speech; I know there's no box.

Yes, the KIimages are not in the "feature list" but they are there and available nonetheless, so it's the list that's faulty, not the demand to make it work. When a file has the extension "JPG," the format should conform. Otherwise, give them an extension like KIimage.formerly-known-as-JPG-until-we-kludged-it.

Renew your JPG tickets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:14 pm 

I agree that Cyan should fix that issue (and surely it's an easy fix?), though, I never run into that problem myself, as I have only ever touched the KI-created JPGs one time. If I want to send in a screenshot I always take one with FRAPS -- higher resolution and much better quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I prefer screen shots, too, for my own "album" as well as ticket shots, mostly because I don't want to be fussing about how many images I already have on my KI before I capture something. In the offline game, with unlimited KI capacity, I took hundreds. AND they didn't have this compatibility problem.

Quality, though, is not an issue. Maybe this has changed, but early on, when I was using KI shots a lot more, I opened them in Photoshop and compared them to my screen captures, and they were the same resolution, same size. When I changed screen resolutions, the KI images changed right along with. This surprised me because I expected them to be the size they display in the game. Evidently the KI display is reduced in size from the actual file size.

Does anybody know how/where that text annotation is stored? The name we can give to the KI image? It certainly isn't part of the image, and it doesn't show up when we post it on an in-game imager, but it transfers with the image when we send it through the KI to another player.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 pm 

I run both the offline game and MOUL at 1280x1024 and the KI images are 800x600. In fact, that is the only resolution I have seen for KI images, no matter what the game resolution. So no, the resolution of the KI images does not change nor does it match the game's resolution.

The quality of the KI images is actually not bad, but I prefer having larger, high-quality images; I can always resize them later if I want to go smaller -- you lose more quality going the other way.

The text is stored in the vault along with the KI image (while the KI images are saved to your computer, those files are for you; the game doesn't use them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I could swear my KI images came out 1280 x 1024 when I first increased my screen resolution in the game, and that is what surprised me, but that would be months - and builds - ago. And I haven't much bothered looking at the KI images outside of the game in a long time.

When I get a chance, I will go check and see if memory is playing tricks on me.

:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3