It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:40 pm 

Hi Folks,

While the ticketing system is down today for the scheduled maintenance and upgrade, we need a way for you to report any serious issues that you are seeing on Rehearsal, so we'll use this thread. What we want to see listed here is just what you would consider to be showstopper bugs - i.e. any 100 percent reproducible blockers or other really bad bugs with the Live 5 stuff (excluding Ercana, right? Remember, that's not in Live 5). If you have a bug like that and you've already ticketed it, feel free to list it here with the ticket number but it is not necessary to do so. The idea is to make sure that we don't send something really bad out to Live just because the ticketing system was down and you couldn't get your bug logged. One we're done with the upgrade and back online, please submit tickets on the bugs you've listed here and be sure to include your screenshots and logs. Please do not list anything here that you would not consider to be a showstopper. Just make a list of those bugs and go ahead and submit them when the ticketing system comes back up. Thanks.

8)

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:49 pm 

I'm guessing things like feature requests are also a no go? I'd just written a huge one, and when I tried to submit it the site was down already... d'oh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It might be useful to have the bug fix list for this update so we can confirm them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:26 pm 

That you shall have. I'm working on it at the moment.

8)

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:19 pm 

Invisible collision wall in front of main window in Negahlin Pod back and ticketed.

Footstep sounds vanishing and coming back in Mintaka, a serious matter if an explorer is measuring their steps for navigation, ticketed.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:38 pm 

CrisGer wrote:
...Footstep sounds vanishing and coming back in Mintaka...

I have an idea that should help us with this. They've seen in the logs that there is a region in Minkata with no footsteps. If someone, anyone, finds themselves in Minkata in an area with no footsteps, stop right where you are and contact Live Chat immediately. We will come to your Age and spawn at your location. We can then get the exact coordinates for the location, which will greatly expedite the process. We'd rather not spend valuable time canvassing the Age looking for the region that is missing the footsteps, so the next time you're there and have no footsteps, give us a call - it would be much appreciated.

8)

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

ooh great idea:) i'll do it before release this sat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:29 pm 

gregbert wrote:
We'd rather not spend valuable time canvassing the Age looking for the region that is missing the footsteps

Lol, don't like playing your own age, eh? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

We (Nadnerb and me) found a new bug in Minkata:

With an avie who is fresh to Minkata (has not done the age earlier) we are no longer able to collect multiply floaties in one run without leaving the age.

When we leaving the age after collecting one and get back for the next everything works fine.

As Nadnerb tested with an other avie who had to reset a completed Minkata this bug is not present for these "old" avies and he was still able to collect all floaties and finish the age without linking out in between.

Complete log for my whole Minkata run with Garion (unfortunately no seperate logs for the single bugs as I didn't realize that soon that there is a bug).
ftp://kodama:[email protected]/Morgon/5.645_Minkata_FloatiesMissingForNewAviesWhenNotLinking.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Earlier today, morgon asked me to test a problem he was having. I got it too, and we can see the results from his post above. :)

I have put some logs of my verification run on the ftp at ftp://ftp.cyan.com/Nadnerb/Symbol1NotFoundAfter2.zip

one correction. I did not test with an avvie resetting an already completed Minkata. I (so far) have only tested minkata during this build with a completely new avvie.

the logs show:
Went to minkata.
Went to hole 2
Got the Sparkly 6 (in the daytime. is that a bug?)
Switched to night
Got symbol 2
Went to hole 1, switched to day
Switched to night
Failed to find symbol 1
dumplogs

Edit Time. :D

This problem is not specific to new avvies. NadnerbM was created before the update and had minkata partially completed. same issue. logs at: ftp://ftp.cyan.com/Nadnerb/No5After3.zip

we're considering this a serious enough bug to post, as it is just the sort of thing that could make people trying to solve it think they are on the wrong track. This bug did not exist before the update, as I had gotten multiple symbols in one sitting before, specifically with Nadnerb, during my initial solving of the age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:27 am 
Obduction Backer

Morgon and Nadnerb, just one small correction. This bug is not new: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 150#157150

Your Python logs show the same problem as mine did:
Quote:
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 1
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 2
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 3
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 4
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 5

This must be one of those pesky intermittent bugs. We had it in the previous build but were able to complete Minkata in one single run today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:16 am 

mmm, couldn't do Minkata in one run today, I tried. I had to link out to relto and back in between every hole, if I tried to run it straight the next glyph wouldn't ever show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:37 am 

Also can't do Minkata in one run. I have to link out between holes or I don't get the glyph after switching to night. I'm using a new avie.

Last edited by Cassie on Tue May 15, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:55 am 
Obduction Backer

D'Lanor wrote:
Morgon and Nadnerb, just one small correction. This bug is not new: http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 150#157150
Your Python logs show the same problem as mine did:
Quote:
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 1
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 2
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 3
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 4
(05/14 19:36:15) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 5

This must be one of those pesky intermittent bugs. We had it in the previous build but were able to complete Minkata in one single run today.
Actually, based on what appeared in the rest of the log, those lines are somewhat misleading. It appears to simply be a list of which glyphs are being hidden. When I pressed stone 4 (with no glyphs 'found' at all) it read:
Quote:
(05/14 18:35:58) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 1
(05/14 18:35:58) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 2
(05/14 18:35:58) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 3
(05/14 18:35:58) minkSymbols.OnFirstUpdate(): You already found piece 5
I then proceeded to collect glyph 4 without any problems. So while it doesn't quite mean what it appears to, it is a good indicator of when the symbol you're looking for has been incorrectly disabled.

So... are you sure that you encountered this bug in the last build? There was a bug where the symbol would disappear if any other players linked in during the night. It's in the "fixed" list right now... Perhaps we should go and verify that.. But this was when I was all alone in the age.

lol at the unintentional BBCode... anyone know how to escape those characters?

Last edited by Nadnerb on Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:31 am 

Nadnerb wrote:
lol at the unintentional BBCode... anyone know how to escape those characters?

Do a search and replace for...

8) and replace it with 8 )

normally the 8 and ) will give that smiley but it doesn't do it when a space is between the 8 and the )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next