It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:41 am 
Obduction Backer

ah, thanks Sudre, I was looking for the escape sequence that I could use to make it look the same without altering the visible text.

Changed it. The code for a right paren is & #41;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:03 am 

Bug in Relto crashing Windows with Logs and Stones Page I have been getting this since the new build as well and I will submit a ticket, but I get a on a Blue Screen

Windows Stop Error: Windows has stopped to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE4537E9C, 0x00000000, 0xBF313B04, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp.dll - Address BF313B04 base at BF012000, Date Stamp 44dd489)

This only occurs in Relto when the Logs and Stones Page is on. I get this error and my computer automatically restarts. I am using the most recent drivers. I have tried re-installing my video card from scratch with the old drivers and get the same thing. Video Card nVidia G-force 7600 GS 512 MB RAM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Ercana 3:

Had a little time to play today, inbetween packing boxes for moving. Went to Ercana 3. Linked in at spot where you land if you've never played Ercana - did not link in at spot where I was last time I played.

Round train. Nothing on it - i.e., levers, etc - did anything, even though they all had the "hotspot" symbol when I touched them - the circle in a circle.

So, since I couldn't do anything except run from one end of the canyon to the other and back again and rinse and repeat, I quit the game.

I do have the log.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Linked in at spot where you land if you've never played Ercana - did not link in at spot where I was last time I played.

This is because you linked in through the nexus, not by using the bookmark generated by the cloths. you'd have to be the age owner, or on the age owner's relto to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:08 am 

OK, I am getting a bug that I saw before, still active. Doing the marker missions in the main city, i am getting phantom repeats of the coordinates sometimes 2 repeats sometimes more. For instance, I am doing the mission that has markers at the top of the Great Stair, and around the plazza, with one over the Tokatah Alley and one on the stairs down to the Gallery.

I had these repeats:

62480, 52, 80
62485, 49, 80
62485, 49, 80
62480, 52, 80
62480, 52, 80

and mind you the repeats were showing up on my screen but i was NOT activating or trying to activate those markers.

something is amiss.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:07 am 

Finally completed Minkata tonight. CTD upon leaping from the Bahro cave. Other than that, no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:37 am 

It seems to me that the new version of Minkata has more bugs than the first...

1) You have to link out every time you find a glyph, otherwise the next one won't appear
2) The "found glyph" status -- moved constellation, music playing -- does not go away after toggling day/night when another player is in the age. (I have not yet tested to see if this affects your ability to find the other glyphs or not)
3) When the "found glyph" music is playing and someone goes to a hole, the hole music begins playing on top of the other music

EDIT: Maybe #2 isn't a bug?
EDIT again: #2 is definitely a bug -- the "found glyph" state never goes away when multiple players are there. The constellations stay in their new positions and trying to navigate at night becomes very confusing.

Last edited by Herohtar on Tue May 15, 2007 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:01 am 

In case it's a symptom of something serious:

The Gira basket bridges carefully crafted by two older avies in previous builds have vanished -- all the baskets are back in their original positions in the caves.

I discovered this when trying to reproduce a firefly bug found by this build's test avie. The lack of bridges put paid to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:50 am 

gregbert wrote:
We'd rather not spend valuable time canvassing the Age looking for the region that is missing the footsteps
"-Tell him to comb the desert. Do you hear me? Comb the desert!
--
-Are we being too literal?
-No, you fool. We're following orders. We were told to comb the desert, so we're combing it. Found anything yet?"

:lol: Sorry, I know I'm ruining a perfectly valid bug thread but I had to...
*bows head in shame and returns to combing the desert*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:19 am 

psalmody wrote:

The Gira basket bridges carefully crafted by two older avies in previous builds have vanished -- all the baskets are back in their original positions in the caves.

I discovered this when trying to reproduce a firefly bug found by this build's test avie. The lack of bridges put paid to that.

Same for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:24 am 

J'ffrey wrote:
Bug in Relto crashing Windows with Logs and Stones Page I have been getting this since the new build as well and I will submit a ticket, but I get a on a Blue Screen

Windows Stop Error: Windows has stopped to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE4537E9C, 0x00000000, 0xBF313B04, 0x00000001)

nv4_disp.dll - Address BF313B04 base at BF012000, Date Stamp 44dd489)

This only occurs in Relto when the Logs and Stones Page is on. I get this error and my computer automatically restarts. I am using the most recent drivers. I have tried re-installing my video card from scratch with the old drivers and get the same thing. Video Card nVidia G-force 7600 GS 512 MB RAM.

I had the same stop code on Friday on a laptop I was borrowing with an ATI Radeon 1150,
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
stop 0x00000050 (0XEAFEC094,0X00000001,0XBFBC19FC,0X00000001)
ati3duag.dll Address BFBC19FC base BFA92000, Datestamp 4450c7b1

I can't recall what I was doing at the time. Possibly returning to Relto after a long time in Minkata.

I also think the laptop was running fairly hot at the time. I put the bug down to a heat related failure, but it may have been a driver bug instead. I updated drivers after that, the ones on that laptop where about a year old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nadnerb wrote:
So... are you sure that you encountered this bug in the last build? There was a bug where the symbol would disappear if any other players linked in during the night. It's in the "fixed" list right now... Perhaps we should go and verify that.. But this was when I was all alone in the age.

100% sure. At least 3 of my neighbors had this bug as well. All in the previous build. In fact it seems to be better for us in the new build. Minkata worked perfectly except perhaps for the music triggers (but then I am not sure when or where they are supposed to trigger).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

psalmody wrote:

Unless I am seriously mis-understanding here, you will not find bridges built by your other avvies with a new avvie. Each avvie is a new player, new game with all puzzles set to start state. The only possilble way to visit an older avvies age would be for that avvie to send the newer avvie and invite and then the new avvie could visit the older avvies age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 pm 

jek wrote:
Unless I am seriously mis-understanding here, you will not find bridges built by your other avvies with a new avvie. ...

Yes, you are misunderstanding me. I was testing the old avies in their own instances of Gira. That was why I was concerned that the bridges built by them no longer existed.

I contacted in-game support about this, and they said the bridges should definitely be there for the older avies.

It seems that spdenne has also had this happen. Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

It may not be game stopping but it does change the gameplay, at least for me. Prior to this new build music started to play as you approached each of the "holes" in Minkata. in this build I heard no music as I approached at any of the holes and we followed a straight path almost directly to the holes .

This occured with a new avi and also in a friend's age with a reset age.
Not game stopping, but the music is a helpful tool to let a player know they are on the right track

and besides that. . .I miss it :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next