It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:35 am 

Goodbye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

I really don't see why people are jumping on LaReh.

He had a problem. He tried to fix it. He can't, so he's leaving. That's not his fault.

We shouldn't be talking down to fans just because they have old hardware like its their "fault". Its nobody's fault.

This is a tragic situation, and we should be wishing LaReh well rather than blaming him for having old hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:09 am 

macnbc wrote:
I really don't see why people are jumping on LaReh.

He had a problem. He tried to fix it. He can't, so he's leaving. That's not his fault.

We shouldn't be talking down to fans just because they have old hardware like its their "fault". Its nobody's fault.

This is a tragic situation, and we should be wishing LaReh well rather than blaming him for having old hardware.

I wasn't trying to blame LaReh. Perhaps "fault" wasn't the right word. Maybe I should have said "it's his responsibility." I'm truly sorry that LaReh can't play the game. I really wish they could. But they can't, and it's not, in this circumstance, Cyan's responsibility to fix the problem... LaReh doesn't have the ability to fix the problem either... Which is also sad. But there's not anything that can be done, that's all I'm saying.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:26 am 
Obduction Backer

DarK wrote:
Quote:
I have an AthlonXP in this machine I use. Mom has my Old PIII. If I had something you could use I'd send it to ya.

Its actually an Athlon not an Athlon XP, The slowest XP that was made ran at 1.3Ghz, your CPU speed is 1Ghz

But the intresting thing is you are running a VIA chipset as well!

Umm, "This Machine" is the main one I am using. Not the old one I was talking about that had the Physx problem. And this CPU I have in "This" machine the Athlon XP 2500+ which is 1.82Ghz.
Did you even read my Post?

See ya soon LaReh, No need to post in this thread again. These people are simply amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:30 am 

Regardless....if Cyan has min specs....the game should work at thost min specs....if the game does not....they should raise the min specs so users know to upgrade if they so wish. Cyan unwittingly is using a new engine whose driver in newer version no longer supports their min specs.

Point.....change the min specs. Especially if they are using Athlon as a generic name for all Athlon chipsets. They need to be specific and not generalize if this is the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:31 am 

Sorry LaReh....does not look good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:24 pm 

aallan wrote:
Regardless....if Cyan has min specs....the game should work at thost min specs....if the game does not....they should raise the min specs so users know to upgrade if they so wish. Cyan unwittingly is using a new engine whose driver in newer version no longer supports their min specs.

Point.....change the min specs. Especially if they are using Athlon as a generic name for all Athlon chipsets. They need to be specific and not generalize if this is the case.

Okay, I just had a look at the system requirements, and here you're definately right. No way will an 800 MHz CPU run this game reasonably enough for normal people to not get frustrated... It's just not happening.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't seen it posted anywhere so I thought I'd add a little here.

I ran into the Athlon problem when Oblivion came out. The problem was that the Athlon doesn't support SSE. I had to upgrade to an AthlonXP to support SSE. As soon as I did that, I was able to run it. I suspect that is the same problem with running URU..

Just a thought..

Just an FYI, I upgraded my motherboard to an ABIT KW7 for $69 and I found a used AthlonXP 3000+ for $25.
If your MOBO supports an AthlonXP chip, maybe you can find one for under $25...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5