It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:42 pm 

Wow! Do you work for AGEIA or what? When I submit an issue to a company in OCTOBER and now, a week from January, I have still yet to have received a single response, that tells me they don't care. I need no other proof than that.
And speaking of what people know, you know nothing about me. If you did, you'd know that I've been a loyal fan and supporter of Cyan since 1995 and to be left out in the cold like this really hurts. As I said in previous posts, I can't afford any more upgrades at this time and the point is I shouldn't have to. This problem is Ageia's fault and their irresponsibilty in getting it fixed does not bode well for their fledgling company and overpriced products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:09 am 

LaReh already knows this but I seem to be one of few or just me that received a response from Ageia back in late October - early November. Just to reinterate what I have mentioned before in the now defunc closed beta forum...Ageia was unaware that Cyan was using PhysX engine (hard to believe) and all they said was they would inform their SDK team about it. That was the only communication they gave me...the first and the last.

Cyan in not so many words says this is not their problem but Ageia...that would seem to be all there is to it and they do not seem to be informing us of anything more about this issue...whether they are in communication with Ageia or not or even if its an issue they are continuing to address.

I mentioned to them twice that it would be nice from a beta tester point-of-view to see all the legit issues/bugs they are workling on (hopefully this one) and the status of each. I ask for this since communication is not forthcoming from Ageia or Cyan. Its seems non-commital.

I am frustrated as much as LaReh and others whom are waiting or have moved on to better things.

All I am asking...all I have asked...all I have continued to put forward to the powers that be is to communicate with me/us stuck in PhysX limbo as well as others having probs getting in on a regular basis or give us a resource to go to that they upate with a listing of all known bugs, details and status.

Communication...communication...communication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:57 am 

LaReh already knows this but Ageia closed my support ticket with no explaination or results, did not even get a notification via email as I did before.

So what does that tell me? Problem solved? Well that would have to be a no. Is or had Cyan been working with Ageia to resolve it? I do not know. No one is talking about this issue anymore except us here.

I think for me in a weeks time I will uninstall URU and give up.

I am going to contact Cyan and Ageia again and see if they actually respond giving me a status if there is one. Most of my friends who did play URU are gone so if no word come its time to leave until another time.

Here hoping they respond with some positive news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 pm 

It appears that the only news here is that they've moved this thread to another forum section. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:22 am 

Yep. I was going to PM you, LaReh, about this.

I have sent emails to both Cyan and Ageia and have received no responses from either as to ANY info.

Come Saturday I am uninstalling URU off my machine and giving up. Its time for my to move on to other things for a while.

I am using Gametap though. I have too. I stupidly paid for a year for the darn thing so I have to get some use out it. My daughter is anyway.

So, I will visit the forums once and a while if I receive a posting and see if there is any news but to be honest....I now see nothing coming. I know people say silence can mean they are busy on things and possibly fixing the prob. BUT its been 3 months for me, longer for others. 3 months is long enough to find out the prob. 3 months is long enough to tell me where things are. 3 months is long enough to tell me its time to move on.

I do not care who is responsible, but Cyan does not seem to want to give myself and others any hope of a possible resolution. Yes, yes, I know it was closed beta and now it sopen beta. Yes, yes, its Ageias drivers and not Cyans but least we forget its Cyan who is using it. So its both companies prob.

Cyan has not awknowledged they have communicated with Ageia about this. They seem to think its up to us to contact Ageia about it. And we have. And Ageia is not forthcoming with ANY info in over 3 months. Heck Ageia's website is not exactly informative or user friendly in regards to try and communicate with them.

So Cyan has lost this Myst enthusiast. I hate lack of communication. Sorry, but its not really that hard to send a detailed sentence of two.

God love them. They have produced a few good games in the past. Hope things work out for them and this prob. And all those stuck in the same situation.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:34 pm 

aallan wrote:
I am using Gametap though. I have too. I stupidly paid for a year for the darn thing so I have to get some use out it.

I'm in the same boat. I paid for the year and now get no use out of it at all. Uru Live is the only thing Gametap has that's worth playing. Most of their selections are old Atari or arcade games that I've already played to death 20 years ago. What a disappointment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:47 pm 

Yep, the only game I have bothered to try is Zork - Grand Inquisitor. Its not myst but its alright.

To be honest I do not doubt Cyan would like to see this issue go away or the people who have this prob. Their silence on this issue does not help but let one speculate. A cynical view but the frustration has taken its toll.

People keep telling me this is beta...so what...when the game is launched the problem will still be there so.....unless Cyan decides to raise its min specs, which I think they will eventually, I am and yourself will be stuck.

Ah well. Thats life in the gaming community. Your in or your out, depending on your specs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am sort of in the same boat, but not really affected by the issue. It is just my ancient spare pc that is affected. Some time ago we determined that this bug affects only old (ca 5 years or more) AMD Athlon systems. I would be surprised if the developers of either Cyan or AGEIA have such machines lying around to even reproduce this bug, let alone fix it.

Come on guys, face it... Time to get yourself a nice and shiny new machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:53 pm 

Admittedly I do want a new machin. I am not getting it for URU but for the tools I use. Adobe Suite and Studio(Flash). These applications are demanding now on my PC.

I have a choice between a new PC for my work, a new TV for my love of movies or save up for a really good trip to the UK this summer. Mmmmmm. Tough choices. I can do 2 of these but not all. But which too 2?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:32 pm 

D'Lanor wrote:
Come on guys, face it... Time to get yourself a nice and shiny new machine.

Believe me if I could afford it, I would, but that won't be in the cards for a couple of years yet. Looks like I'm screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

LaReh, what type is your motherboard? AMD / AGP 8X? DDR? Bus speed?

You don't need something brand spanking new, just a BIOS that supports an SSE Athlon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:15 am 

I have an Asus A7V mobo with 8X AGP Pro and a Socket A AMD Athlon Thunder 1 gig processor. I have the newest BIOS possible for it. It blows my mind that a simple upgrade in AGEIA's installer program has shut me out of Uru so completely (since Build eight) when everything worked fine before that. I simply refuse to believe that it can't be fixed by them and I am thoroughly disgusted that it seems to be an non-issue for both AGEIA and Cyan. I have been a loyal fan for a very long time and it really hurts to be so forgotten now. It actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:33 am 

I know the feeling. But resigned to uninstalling URU. No point in keeping something that does not work on this machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:35 pm 

Come on, don't be so depressing! Keep checking back, maybe the next update will fix the problem, you never know! We're in the same position and that's really all we can do for now. Hopefully Uru Live will be around for a long time, so we'll get our chance some day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:08 pm 

While I can appreicate your positivity, it's hard to remain hopeful after four months of being basically ignored and watching everyone else move forward.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next