It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the info, LaReh. I can't be positive. From what I can work out, you're running a pc that's about 6 years old - 100 MHz bus speed, SD RAM, the first generation of Socket A Athlons, etc.

It would appear that Ageia have stopped supporting AMD processors before XP suddenly and without warning or communication.

I fear that you'll need a new motherboard, processor and (DDR) memory in order to play URU Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:10 pm 

Like I said, I'm screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:15 pm 

Most likely myself as well. I'll have to catch URU later sometime. URU is not the be all to end all, but......would have been nice.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 am 

Just uninstalled URU. So that is that. I will leave the PhysX ticket open and let Cyan close at their leisure, problem solved or not.

Keep that faith!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:45 pm 

I'm right behind you, dude. I'll be contacting Game Tap tomorrow to see if I can get some kind of refund on the year's prepaid that I've never even used. Great way to be treated after over 12 years of being a faithful and devoted fan. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:22 pm 

I received a response to my ticket from the Uru Live team support today (and I thank them for this), but unfortunately nothing new. It confirms that Ageia is informed of the bug that rots our (Uru)life (literally 'some users' : I'm curious to know how many of us, but surely not enough to convince Ageia to 'actively' work on it ?). To make the story short, a solution is awaited...

I've nothing to lose to 'submit a ticket' to Ageia ? Maybe their response would hopefully be a good one... (if I have one) :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:29 am 

I received the same message....after I sent them a request for an update. Nothing new and nothing unexpected. At least I got a confirmation from Cyan that they have communicated with Ageia about. I have sent a email to Ageia after that closed my request back in October, but have not heard a word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:30 pm 

Today they closed all my PhysX related tickets. No the problem is not solved,
but they closed the tickets anyway.I was advised to "keep an eye on
our FAQ forum, as that is where we will announce the fix when it becomes
available." Which one is the FAQ forum? I'd prefer to have the information
by mail when they close the ticket after the bug is fixed because ATM
its no fun reading the boards. All I see is how much I'm missing. :cry:
Maybe all the open tickets did not look that good in management summary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:54 pm 

Yep they closed mine too. Someone told me a few months back to look for a fix soon. Not sure what soon in URU time means but....since I have not been in URU since last October...a fix happens when it happens...I am indifferent now.

Hope they fix it eventually for everyone.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:26 pm 

Does anyone else feel as swept under the rug as I do? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:39 am 

I am with you LaReh.

I am sure Ageia has been looking in to this problem for 3 months (he says sarcastically).

I am having fun playing other games in my spare time (not Gametap).

It all comes down to having faith in people and hoping they are honest in their communications. I am willing to have faith and take people on their word, BUT I will not be rushing back in to URU after the launch right away if a solution has been made.

Reading through the forums and hearing criticisms from those not liking negative experiences and opinions tells me that there is a large diehard fan group who want us to shutup and stay out.

God bless them and hopefully they realize this is just a game and chatroom.

As for the rest of us stuck on the outside, keep the faith, as small as it might be. Disappointment is hard, I know, I feel it, but take it as it comes. There are other things better than URU, and they would be family and friends in the real world. I do not think Cyan would argue with that.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:30 pm 

Thanks aallan, it's nice to have someone's support these days.
In light of your last post, I have a few points I'd like to make. IF Cyan and/or Ageia were so interested in seeing this problem fixed but claim to be unable to reproduce it on their machines, then why haven't they asked any of us with the problem to send them a diagnostic scan of our machines or our registries? fiery abyss, I'd ship them my whole computer if they think it'd help them fix the problem! NO ONE has asked me for any of that!
This problem was caused by software and will be fixed by software, when the principles involved decide that they actually care about fixing it.
As far as anyone who dislikes any perceived negativity on our part are expressing their selfish sentiments from the relative security of their Reltos. Some of those same people have been known as chronic complainers in the past, which I am not. Am I frustrated? Yes, but so would anyone else be if they were in my shoes. Let's see them be locked out since October's Build 8 and see how positive and happy they would be right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 am 

True. They have not asked any detailed questions in the past, just some general ones and they sent me some general and already performed quick fixes, which we all tried and failed 3 months ago.

When trying to get in to URU the log info that is saved does not tell much unfortunately at my end when it hits the PhysX install error loop.

I too would be more than willing to give them what I can in info upon their request or as you say, I would be more than glad to send them my computer to play with. Wish I lived around the corner I would walk over and knock on Cyans door. :)

I do have other thoughts of what is going on behind the scenes because I have worked in a similar environment dealing with product probs and user errors. And I know too well how its dealt with especially when something is not simply resolved. I will take their word on faith and bury in the back of my head my true feelings/opinions on the matter.

In the end, its their call, their product, and I am resided to the fact that I may or may not get in after launch. Our hands are tied for now. Its a disappointing feeling, and a helpless one. I am not just talking about it from a testers point-of-view but also a potential post-launch users view as well.

We are all stuck in the same place. In a wierd way its comforting to know one is not alone in this ones feelings and opinions on this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 am 

You guys have my deepest sympathies. I'd Google for the name of the support head at AEGIA, and email him. Bug them too. :P Sometimes, complaints do work, but hey, I'm not saying it'll work. *sigh* (((((hugs)))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm 

At this stage I have given up on Ageia support. Their communication is pretty much like trying to talk with a corpse in a morgue. At least Cyan, in some case weeks later, communicates one way or another be it vague or specific.

Ageia's website is also bad to try and navigate through for some. Took me a while to get to where I could set up an account and contact them before. They replied to one of my emails 3 months ago but not to follow-ups. And there first email offered little. Due to poor communication indicates this is most likely not a priority to them. Its at the low end of the spectrum as I am sure they are more interested in supporting those who actually have the PhyX hardware.

A cynical point of view but I know the realities of how things work. Its like trying to talk to your car dealer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next