It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:26 pm 

Kedri wrote:
If you don't like people using voice chat, just turn the sound down.

Doesn't work so well if you're using WinAmp and/or TeamSpeak at the same time though. And a party without music is rather dull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:40 am 

Once again, turning NPC voice all the way to the left, should turn off the voices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:45 am 
Obduction Backer

NPC = non-player character, of which there are two: Zandi and Yeesha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:23 pm 

Moleculor wrote:
Why do people hate voice chat so much? :(

Well, it's just MHO, but lemme guess...

- VU all over the map.
- EQ all over the rest of the map.
- Clipping up ye kazoo... and Beyond.
- Compression tighter than... no, I don't wanna go there...
- Mix From fiery abyss Dating Service: "Lo-fi party line perspective seeks sweet pocket in a professionally polished mix of ambience, spot SFX and MX tracks. Object: unholy matrimony."
- Breathers.
- Up-close & personal ear-adventure with adenoids.
- 3 words out of 4 are “uhhm...”

For starters.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:54 pm 

Location: In the dark, behind you. With the glowsticks in my nose.
tkwiggins wrote:
Moleculor wrote:
Why do people hate voice chat so much? :(

- Breathers.

HAHAHAHA this one had me rolling. How many times have I had to mute people in vent for just that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:58 pm 

Hmm maybe I have a problem, but I have Voice Chat enabled but I haven't heard a single Voice since I started. :shock:

Has it been turn off even if you have it enabled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:09 am 

Just some food for thought for all you Voice Chat dislikers...

There are some people in the community that can't type very well because of different illnesses or (in my case) the onset of arthritis. Voice chat enables people to communicate with others when typing just won't work for them. Sometimes my hands, shoulders and elbows hurt so bad that I have trouble typing so just being able to press the tab key to talk to people is a treat.

So, before you completely shoot the whole voice chat thing down, think of the people it helps too.

I know that when something bothers you so badly that it's not easy to look at both sides of the coin. However, just take a minute to think of all of the different folks we have in the cavern and what their needs are as well.

KI: 839389

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:30 am 
Obduction Backer

8) Here's my workaround, albeit temporary. It is a known bug (ticketed and replied to), and I don't know if it's just for my sound card (Audigy 2ZS), but if I have the Audio Mode slider in Audio Settings, set all the way to the right, where it states the name of my sound card, I hear everything (really nicely I might add) except voice chat! Occasionaly when someone's mutely gesturing wildly in front of me, and I need to listen, I just put the slider one position to the left where it says Generic Hardware, and presto voice chat listen is enabled...! (I have EAX enabled, and my mic works in either setting, so all-in-all a rather nice feature (err, bug I mean) :twisted: .

Too bad they'll probably fix it :roll: (with all due respect Sh'aeri, 'cause I understand what you're saying) :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sh'aeri wrote:
Just some food for thought for all you Voice Chat dislikers...

There are some people in the community that can't type very well because of different illnesses or (in my case) the onset of arthritis. Voice chat enables people to communicate with others when typing just won't work for them. Sometimes my hands, shoulders and elbows hurt so bad that I have trouble typing so just being able to press the tab key to talk to people is a treat.

So, before you completely shoot the whole voice chat thing down, think of the people it helps too.

I know that when something bothers you so badly that it's not easy to look at both sides of the coin. However, just take a minute to think of all of the different folks we have in the cavern and what their needs are as well.

I don't want to shoot the voice chat thing down, but I'm also not very happy with it. Because I'm severely hearing impaired, it's nearly impossibly for my to understand what's being said in voice chat. The quality of the audio stream is just too poor for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:35 pm 

I understand exactly what you mean kermit. We just can't find a happy medium, can we?? :wink: Well, tell you what...let's find a happy medium...if I'm talking...poke me and tell me to type. I'll be more than happy to do that for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

thnx Sh'aeri, and when we ever meet in the cavern I will be patient while you're typing :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:31 pm 

You know what...this is why I LOVE our community. We're darn good folks over here.

Now if we could only solve all of our problems like that, whew, wouldn't that be nice. :D

/thumbsupbig Kermit...you're awesome! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3