It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Is GameTap Down?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 am 

I have been unable to log in to URU Live for 6 hours. Are the GameTap servers down now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:03 am 

I can't connect to the uru live server either...this is the first time it's happened to me. I'm sure it's just the server connection and not our computers...(hopefully it's being worked on).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:24 am 

I can't get on right now either :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 am 

Cassie, I'm also in Northern California, and I just posted an error message (in a new topic) I keep getting - do you have the same message? Can you at least get into Relto for a few minutes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:45 am 

renee wrote:
Cassie, I'm also in Northern California, and I just posted an error message (in a new topic) I keep getting - do you have the same message? Can you at least get into Relto for a few minutes?

No, I get to choose my explorer than click on "Explore URU" get a very long "Preparing to Link" then get a "Network Error"message followed by "UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayerFailed No response from server"

Edit: Okay, now I got to my Relto but then got the famous "Network Error 6" message. Same one you're getting, Renee.
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 am 

Not sure exactly how long this threads been going but I just logged back in to check (sicne I just logged out) Been on for 2 hours at least with no problems.

I am standing in Relto and everyone that was on when I left is still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:11 am 

I still can't get on, but if others aren't having this problem, it must be a problem on my end. I was on for quite a while last night with no problem. I'll keep trying. Thanks, Sudre. Hope to be there soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:13 am 

Cassie wrote:

Edit: Okay, now I got to my Relto but then got the famous "Network Error 6" message. Same one you're getting, Renee.
:cry:

Well, that's good to know - I put a ticket in a few minutes ago to the support group. Hopefully we'll get back online soon!

Sudre - I'm thinking it's some kind of server connection link down on our region of the US...(?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:48 am 

Sorry to bust your theory.... I just got home and logged right in, no problem. I am in Northern California also.

Since you are all three in Nor Cal, is it possible that you are all on the same ISP (Internet Service Provider)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 am 
Obduction Backer

I just logged in with a character.

Sounds like the issue is a router down somewhere in the universe between y'all and Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:56 am 

Big_John
post posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 am Post subject: Is GameTap Down?
I have been unable to log in to URU Live for 6 hours. Are the GameTap servers down now?

Follow up: I spent 3.5 hours with GameTap Tech Support this evening. I can not download any other games and all games I previously played will not start up, including URU Live. Tech Support and I did everything from install the newest graphics driver on my ATI Radion 9700 Pro to turning off all firewalls in my system (Windows Defender and SBC Global Cable MODEM). Incidentally, Tech Support says the error message "UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayerFailed No response from server" Cassie saw is in their logs as the Nvidia Graphics Card problem described elsewhere in this forum.

We reloaded GameTap and did a number of other things based on their ticket history but the problem remains.

I am waiting for 2nd tier tech support from GameTap tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Following in from Moleculor above, have you done a tracert to the GameTap / UL server?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:12 am 
Obduction Backer

I had good luck tonight logging in to GT, but last night was a different story.

Lost my internet connection entirely about midnight here in the US (Central time zone).

After a couple of calls to Comcast, who has taken over the local city sanctioned cable monopoly contract from Time Warner about three weeks ago, I finally got a tech support who knew what was happening and was willing to talk frankly about it.

It seem that with the Adelphia bankruptcy, Comcast and TW were each given about half of the old Adelphia markets/accounts. Then, Comacast and TW horsetraded some of the territories/accounts to better fit their existing networks.

In my area, TW traded its franchise for cable to Comcast.

Last night Comcast switched over about 75,000 accounts from the old TimeWarner or Adelphia gear to their own, putting those accounts offline for an indefinite period until the transistion, including all of the billing data, was installed. Apparantly, this continuing series of transitions each night has not only caused individual customer outages for several hours at a time, but, and you will love this, so fouled up the billing that the initial message on the Comcast menu is an apology for fouling up their most recent billing. As I understand it, they are switching like 5,000 accounts in various markets per night, so as not to cause too much of a customer uproar in any one market during any switchover period. This could explain, for example, some folks in the same town losing connection while their neighbors down the street don't miss a beat.

The point being, that if you have experienced brief to lengthy cable internet outages over the past few days, it may be due to TW and Comcast switching over accounts and causing a ripple effect in all US cable connections.

Don't know if those of you who have experience recent interruptions in your ablility to log on to GT are cable users and if so are former Adelphia, Comcast or TW customers, but if so, that may be an explantion.

Obviously, if you could post here, or otherwise get online, except for GT, this was NOT your issue.

The good news is that this evening, after I got home from work, everything was back to normal and humming along very nicely. Not sure when, exactly, the service was restored, but it was still out when I left for work this morning.

FWIW.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:11 am 

Big_John wrote:
Big_John
post posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:53 am Post subject: Is GameTap Down?

Follow up: I spent 3.5 hours with GameTap Tech Support this evening. I can not download any other games and all games I previously played will not start up, including URU Live. Tech Support and I did everything from install the newest graphics driver on my ATI Radion 9700 Pro to turning off all firewalls in my system (Windows Defender and SBC Global Cable MODEM). Incidentally, Tech Support says the error message "UNTRANSLATED: SetActivePlayerFailed No response from server" Cassie saw is in their logs as the Nvidia Graphics Card problem described elsewhere in this forum.

We reloaded GameTap and did a number of other things based on their ticket history but the problem remains.

I am waiting for 2nd tier tech support from GameTap tomorrow.

I'm also having problems with all gametap downloads. I asked a tech and he suggested updating my video card driver, too (ati radeon 9250). After I did that, the problem is still there...I think it's a router from gametap's server - I'll check back to see if you had any success with the 2nd tier support...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:52 am 

I'm having the same problem with the exact same symptoms Big_John described above. Also spent hours on the phone yesterday with gametap support - called 3 times, 3 different reps, very nice people but alas, no help.

I'm about to call again today to see about bumping this up to the next level of support.

Wish me luck! :shock:

If I find out anything, I'll report back here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next