It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:35 am 

EXACT same problem here as well.

It's kinda annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:07 am 

Reference my forum mail above.

GameTap Tech Support and I had our second contact today. However, it was only for 45 minutes. We accomplished the following:
-Ping tests to google.com on a command line (good 'ol DOS activity!). All was well.
-Download/Upload/Latency tests. All were good : 5003/500 KBps, 27ms.
-Reload Game Tap software (after saving my game files!).
-Shutdown of all virus checking software and all firewalls. This included search-and-destroy of all Norton, Symmantec, etc., etc., virus checking files and folders. (I use strictly Windows Defender software but there were older virus defender commercial product files remaining in my C: drive, even after software deinstall activity.)
-using Mozilla Firefox instead of IE as my internet service. (Evidently, GameTap has other problems related to the use of Internet Explorer...)
-and, of course, running the GameTap debug utilities: (Start-allprograms-GameTap-GameTap utilities).
This last action has been done numerous times yesterday and today but GameTap does not receive the debug log files when I send them. This has been a problem all along, and much of the firewall/virus software debug is in response to this inability of GameTap to receive my GameTap debug utilities log files.

2nd tier tech support solution was to wipe the hard drive, reinstall WinXP Pro, and start from scratch. This is not a solution for me, this is wrong!

My next activity for GameTap is to determine if the AT&T Hi-Speed Internet 2-wire Adaptor hardware which provides my internet connection has a firewall.

Frustrating so far but GameTap tech support has been polite, knowledgable, and ready to help (except for the hard drive wipe suggestion...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:22 am 

Okay, this is really odd. I still can't load anything from GameTap either, but I've not changed ANYthing on my computer and I'm having no problems with my DSL otherwise. I was able to happily play UruLive until last night. If I was having problems with other programs or internet stuff I would think it was on my end, but..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:37 am 

I blame AT&T, because a lot of north cal people are having it (including me) and some people elsewhere as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:46 am 

Hmm...yes, I'm AT&T DSL also. I'm not having any problem with my email or anything else, though. But I can't load anything from GameTap. Just keep getting the "connecting" screen. I'm incredibly frustrated but will try to go and do something else....wait!...what else is there?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:58 am 

Cassie wrote:
Okay, this is really odd. I still can't load anything from GameTap either, but I've not changed ANYthing on my computer and I'm having no problems with my DSL otherwise. I was able to happily play UruLive until last night. If I was having problems with other programs or internet stuff I would think it was on my end, but..... :roll:

You're right, Cassie - if it was our connection, we would see a problem all around with the internet, and email. I'm still having the same problems, too....
:(
I wasn't having any problems with GameTap or Uru Live until Jan 23rd. Before then, I was downloading, playing games like normal (thru GameTap). I didn't change any settings , didn't add any new software or hardware...I'm not having problems with my internet connection either - I just downloaded a big file from another website at normal download speed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:04 am 

Gee whiz, I have a bunch of stuff I need to do on Uru live, and yet I can't get on at all. It makes me sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 am 

renee wrote:
Cassie wrote:

You're right, Cassie - if it was our connection, we would see a problem all around with the internet, and email. I'm still having the same problems, too....
:(
I wasn't having any problems with GameTap or Uru Live until Jan 23rd. Before then, I was downloading, playing games like normal (thru GameTap). I didn't change any settings , didn't add any new software or hardware...I'm not having problems with my internet connection either - I just downloaded a big file from another website at normal download speed....

Yup, me too. It all started last night. And it's not even like we could blame it on a huge thunderstorm :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 am 

grilox wrote:
Gee whiz, I have a bunch of stuff I need to do on Uru live, and yet I can't get on at all. It makes me sad.

Yeah, I was supposed to do some stuff too

Whoa, I never noticed that you're in Red Bluff - right up the road! Howdy, neighbor /wave.

Double post - first time evah! Bad Cassie! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:22 am 

renee wrote:
I wasn't having any problems with GameTap or Uru Live until Jan 23rd. ...

That coincides with the day that MapQuest and AOL stopped working for me, too. It's like the DNS is all screwed up. The domains just don't work right anymore. MapQuest is hosted on AOL servers, btw. Is GameTap...?

oh, just to add, it's only at my office that all AOL domains are not resolving. I think we have Pacbell DSL at work. At home, I also have PacBell->SBC->AT&T DSL, but all of these websites load just fine at home. And yes, I'm in Northern California, my office is in Mountain View.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:14 am 

Good News! :D

It all just started working again. GameTap lets me download games, UL starts up just like always both from the standalone desktop link and from the MOUL game page in GameTap.

Whatever the problem was, apparently it is now fixed. I suspect that the gametap data in AT&T's DNS servers that serve the No Cal area (I'm in Mountain View, too) got corrupted and had to wait a day or two to get reloaded.

Enjoy! :D

Uru Live KI #92325

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:37 am 

HooRah!

I'm back up and running, too! I commented earlier today to GameTap Tech Support that this forum showed at least 4 or 5 other folks were having essentially the same problem as I.

Maybe it was the "squeaky wheel syndrome".

And now, off to see what's new in the neighborhood....

Oh, and my surface location is in the Reno, NV, area. Maybe it *WAS* a No. Cal problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 pm 

Well, it's Jan 25th and all is well...just logged into GameTap, and was able to play some of my previously downloaded games (which I couldn't in the past couple days) no problems at all....I then went to Uru Live, and had absolutely no problem getting in. I didn't adjust any settings, or update any more drivers, so it must have been a failed router GameTap's server end in my region...

Now, off to Eder Delin.......:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:32 am 

I'm back in, too. Yaaay!!

Post subject: Is GameTap Down?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:27 am 

Well the Comcast glitch is moving North. I am around Seattle and can go online but the update freezes up without getting very far. Sigh .... I think its that new Age too....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2