It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:08 pm 

Hello...

Recently, my laptop died. As a matter of fact, it died while unloading URU from my memory, I think I had a memory failure, or something. That's not why I'm posting, though. I'm posting because I've had to move to my desktop, which I am getting a serious problem on. I'm not sure if it's the computer, or if it's not on my side, but if anyone knows, I'd appreciate some help.

Every time I try to log into the standalone, I get the "Account not found" message, and I'm more than sure that my username is correct, as well as my password, because it works fine with the gametap general login on the gametap client, which I tried. Buuuut....when I tried to play URU through the gametap client, i got a message saying simply "Denied".

Any ideas?

My account worked fine on my laptop, but after it died, and I moved to my desktop it can't seem to find my account. Could any of this be related to the death of my laptop? Honestly, I have no idea how this type of thing works, on a technical level, but in my mind, the system died while unloading URU from memory (brand new system, too), and that may be a cause of the account issue. I submitted a ticket last week, and haven't got a reply back....so if anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

You picked a rather bad time to try this because the auth server is currently down for an update.

At this time everyone is getting a Login denied message. Account not found however means that you are using a wrong username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:18 pm 

Well, I've had the problem for about a week now.

As far as my username goes......I'm sure it is correct, because I can use it everywhere else on gametap, including this forum and the support site.

...Not to mention it's my 'universal' username...I use it everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I happen to work in support and I know from experience that 95% of the people who are 100% sure that they are using the correct username and password are in fact not. Now you could be in the other 5% but the message "account not found" seems to disprove that.

That being said, I have no experience with logging in from gametap as I am playing from outside US or Canada. From what I read the Gametap client seems to do some sort of autofill, which may go wrong.

Edit: Login is enabled again. You can resume your attempts.

Last edited by D'Lanor on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:33 pm 

Is there a way for me to verify that I'm using the correct account name?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35 pm 

thethunder wrote:
Every time I try to log into the standalone, I get the "Account not found" message, and I'm more than sure that my username is correct, as well as my password, because it works fine with the gametap general login on the gametap client, which I tried. Buuuut....when I tried to play URU through the gametap client, i got a message saying simply "Denied".

1) Those who have Gametap accounts have been requested by Support not to use the standalone anymore, as of a couple weeks ago, so you might want to remove that shortcut. It takes you to the same place in the end anyhow.

2) Your username for the Gametap client is your Gametap username; your username for the standalone client is your email address. This is why you would get "Account not found".

3) There is an update today, the "Denied" message should go away when the server comes back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

The server is available again now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

The autofill I mentioned puts @gametap.com after your account name. You may want to try adding that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 pm 

Quote:
2) Your username for the Gametap client is your Gametap username; your username for the standalone client is your email address. This is why you would get "Account not found".

3) There is an update today, the "Denied" message should go away when the server comes back up.

well, I tried my email in the standalone, and it still said "Account not found"....But the gametap client seems to work.

At least it's working this way...Thanks for everyone's help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:25 pm 

Still cannot log in here!!!!!

from UK if you did not know know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:10 pm 

Are you getting the same message I was?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:27 pm 

yes account not found

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:31 pm 

If you're using the standalone, well, try through gametap. Gametap should log you in automatically, I think they're phazing out the standalone.

Are you sure you have the right username? Maybe contact cyan or gametap to verify.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:39 pm 

we cannot use gametap here in the UK has to be the standalone one

I am testing a theory at this time

I have just installed vista 64 bit and taht coinsided with them taking down the server !!! as i had not activated it, I have returned to the RTM copy 32 bit to test I will post the results later

Could be important as Vista is released 30 Jan ,but here in the UK you can buy a copy early :)

IF it is 64 bit then I will contact Cyan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:29 pm 

Update tried with 32 bit vista and all was well then reinstalled vista 64 bit and was able to log on , must have beed ISP cache problems

Last edited by Lordedmond on Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next