It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
I dithered over whether this should be in the UL General Discussion forum or the OB Technical Discussion forum - in the end I decided it was a "technical" post :wink:

The consideration should have been: do you want this topic to be available in the future? We can expect the Open Beta forums to be locked and hidden after the official launch.

btw, I didn't see my results in the summary. I only submitted them a few minutes ago so I guess the summary doesn't automatically update.

Edit: I saw the page update but my results are still not there. Oh well, another 15 minutes wasted... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:21 pm 

Ummm, you might want to take another look at the anonymous summary page... The printer-friendly version has forum names on it.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Another entry appeared, but neither Firefox or IE shows my results. I only see one entry from the Netherlands and that is not me. I am taking the survey again...

Edit: Nope, still not there. I guess the ' character in my username broke it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maratanos wrote:
Ummm, you might want to take another look at the anonymous summary page... The printer-friendly version has forum names on it.

Very true - bit of an oversight, there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that this is a great effort at developing intel on the correlation between broadband quality and Myst-Online performance. It is one variable that is beyond Cyan's or GameTaps touch, so it needs to be examined. (That is not to say that the software shouldn't be designed to be forgiving to a wide range of broadband speed/quality, but there have to be limits).

Great job, Mac_Fife!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:58 pm 

Islander wrote:
Maratanos wrote:

Also, sometimes the results from the printer-friendly version don't match the url you've been sent to. Like, my id is 21, but my results appear elsewhere than here

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Islander wrote:
Maratanos wrote:

Nuts! That's what happens when you try to do things in a hurry. I'll fix that right away :oops:

D'Lanor - I'll load your submission - occasionally one wont go into the database for some reason - I expect you're right about the ' character, but I get an e-mail copy of every entry, so I can fix it.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife, thank you for posting the results. it is interesting to see the different machines and their configurations vs location and connection vs game play ability. :wink:

i saw a 3.9GHz machine, i was wondering if this is an overclocked machine and what its base speed was. the need for speed. 8) mine is 3.8 OEM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 pm 

OK, that should be all the problems fixed (famous last words - I just know I'm going to made to eat them... :wink: ), including the mis-directions when clicking the "Print" option. Apostrophes in names should be OK now.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:22 pm 

Thanks Mac for trying this all out. I do hope it helps some of our N.Z. and Aus. friends, and others who can't get in, get in. It'll be interesting to see if anything does help :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:35 pm 

I'm under no illusions here - I don't think the survey will produce a "magic wand" that'll fix things like the "0 seconds remaining" issue.

What I hope it will do, is provide a realistic guide to the system requirements that will enable people to play, supported by statistical evidence. That way, people might have a bit more confidence about going for, say, a broadband upgrade, or a bit more memory.

Also, I'm more than a little worried that the new Uru Live manual shows requirements that maybe aren't really adequate (possibly a carry-over from the offline game requirements?) - and then you get unhappy folks who've paid their 10 bucks on the basis of it, find they can't play and go off telling everyone else how they got ripped off by MO:UL.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2