It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:40 pm 

started tickets on this back last year and out of three tickets i got one answered with "next patch will fix this" well it didn't and no answeres or replies from any other tickets since then heres the problem. The game ran fine on both Vista and my XP partitions then the first patch, once it was applied neither would run. Click the icon, enter login/pass, click accept and it says starting the game and boom to desktop. I have been working on the Vista partition URU and found if I run it in win98 compat and drop a lot of the graphics settings then the game runs but very unstable. I went into the Xp side and edited the graphcs file to set windowed and 1024 x 768 So I can see if even anything starts. This time the same routine except the window appears and is black and then closes 6 sec later. There are no remaining processes. PhysX has been updated to latest version. Network checked. I have one of the most stable isp connections I know of and that is what i do. This game requires very little bandwith to run smoothly. It will run on the lowest bandwith available here and still have room for you to run downloads at the same time. My ping to the server is nice but in my opinion the server is overloaded because i notice the server connection unstable.
Im running a 2800+MHZ system with 2 gig ram, 720 gig HD, 9700 pro modded (faster than X1600 and slower than X1800), net speed is dual nic (2gig/sec) to router then 2500dn/500+up to isp. I have uru installed on 2 partitions.

1 - anyone else found a solution?
2 - why isnt support answering tickets.

paid for gametap for a year to play this and yet been able to play it so far wasted 3 months + on gametap glad the grandson gets to play some but still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Possible fix assuming an nvidia network card or controller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wait... PhysX? You messed with that? I wouldn't recommend that, and I'd actually recommend getting it back to the version Uru uses. I don't know whether or not it uses the latest version, but if it DOESN'T, then that would definitely create problems right there.

Delete your graphics.ini file completely to reset your graphics. Editing it manually is not recommended.

This game requires a LOT of bandwidth to run correctly, depending on your perspective. If you're not getting a steady 384Kb/sec, it won't work correctly at all.

And support answered one of my tickets today. A feature request, of all things. Double check to make sure that your tickets are open and that they're set to 'Bug' and set to 'Urgent'. If all three are true, make an additional text reply to them, just in case.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:20 pm 

Ok they answered and pointed me in the correct direction then after much checking i found that even tho my sound drivers were up to date (nforce), by disabling one iten at a time in device manager sound section I found my codec interface was the issue so I had windows check for an update and it updated the codec and URU is functioning perfect. The PhysX upgrade to latest came from the gametap help center and works fine. So be seeing ya in URU.....

oh forgot they appologized for missing the ticket from last year and combined all 3 tickets but still resolved it quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Latest physX shouldn't be a problem. Uru is only made to tie into certain elements of it, plus carries the DLL in its home directories (well, sometimes, sometimes not also, ugh).. And, should be able to fetch the correct version. Which is why physX stores all past versions when you install it :\

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]