It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:56 pm 

Folks - I can see by the replies to this thread that what I thought was a bug was probably an error on my part. There is no reason to continue this thread. I'm asking a Mod. to either drop it or lock it. Apologies for the brohaha it caused. - Kero

After getting the sparkly in Gehreesen and the half donut in Delin (finally :roll: ) I decided to go for the fifteen green GZ markers so I too can say I've seen the Great Zero. :lol:

I link to the GZ observation room and stick my hand in the machine like the book says. I get 15 dull green lights on my KI. I then turn around and see my very first marker. Eagerly I click on it....and click on it.....and click on it......and nothing happens! :shock: I think - maybe I'm not close enough - so I move my avi right under it - still nothing happens. grrrrrr. It is a this point that I notice my little circular cursor does not have the dot in the middle that tells me when I am over a "clickable" hot spot. Ahaaaaaa. Bug reporting time. To confirm this "bug" I went to other locations in the city where I knew there would be markers (past experience with To D'ni and Prologue). All of the markers I found and tested were "dead" to my little cursor. So I zipped my logs and sent them along with the pictures I took to Live Support marked Urgent. This is the reply I got:
Quote:
This bug loves us here too :)
... Looks like the techs have got a fix for this coming soon.

Now I am fervantly praying that "coming soon" means before the official launch of Live. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this bug - and think of the negative publicity it could generate should a Game reviewer catch it!

I guess the whole point to this post is to see if others have caught this bug. I'm lonely. :cry: I want company!!!

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Last edited by Kero on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm 

Are you clicking on the marker, or on the marker symbol on your KI?

In this version of the game, you need to click on the symbol on your KI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was able to gather markers by clicking on the blinking red target on my KI instead of the Marker itself. I thought this was just a behavior change between Uru:CC and Uru Live...

Now I am uncertain. Is this a bug or expected behavior?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:00 pm 

Two different markers are misbehaving for month, too. It's a common known issue. The markers are located near the Kadish gallery door and on the stairs to the Concert Hall.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:01 pm 

As Weirga said, and I shall expound upon that:

When you get close to a marker, the white flashing symbol on your KI turns red. Click the red flashing symbol. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:15 pm 

Weirga wrote:
Are you clicking on the marker, or on the marker symbol on your KI?

In this version of the game, you need to click on the symbol on your KI.

You know - I never even thought of doing this. In all the other iterations of URU I've had experience with, I've always clicked on the marker itself - not the symbol on my KI. hmmmm. Think I'll give it a try Weirga - you may have discovered a work-around for a bug that even the folks at Tech support are experiencing (re: the quote in my initial post). I'll let you all know if it works. 8)

Question for all you folks out there - how did you "get" your markers? Did you click directly on them or did you click on the pulsing marker symbol on your KI?

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Prologue (and this) are a KI click. To D'ni was the marker itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

For the first two sets of markers, green and red, you click on your KI on the flashing red spot on it. After the QZ is aligned and started, and the marker games are available, then you have to click on or run through the marker, itself. I once spent a good half an hour trying to reach a marker on the dock that was up in the air. Then somebody told me that in the first two sets, I was supposed to click on my KI when it flashed red. Have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:49 pm 

All right folks - checked out Weirga's suggestion on a marker - and it worked! Now maybe I'm the one going daffy :roll: :lol: How-so-somever - if this is the way it is supposed to work why would the folks at Support tell me they have the same problem and a fix for it is in the works? :?

Rusty - I'm not trying to be stubborn about this - well....not too stubborn - but I always clicked directly on the first set (green) of markers to pick them up. I did this in Prologue, UU, and the stand-alones. Which is why it never even entered my head to just click on the KI. Oh well - I guess this old dog ain't to old to learn new tricks after all. :wink:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kero, my reaction to you and Prologue and UU is "No you didn't". You have a weekend to check. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:05 pm 

Now that is going to be a little hard to do. :lol: Prologue doesn't exist and I no longer have my connection to D'mala. I do remember clicking on the markers themselves to get them. I do not remember ever clicking on my KI. So let us agree to disagree until someone from Cyan comes along who can put this matter to rest.

And if it turns out that I am in fact the one loosing her marbles - well, apologies all around.

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh. It's a pity that you don't still have your connection to D'mala. That would have been the quick check I had in mind. No Kagi key floating around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:40 pm 

If you want a Kagi Key username/password, just PM me, okay? I'll be happy to share it with you, so you can test that out.

Yeah, for me, it's always been "click on the KI".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Same here, have always clicked on the KI...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:56 am 
Obduction Backer

I remember always clicking on the Ki for the first 30 markers and then having to jump through the ones after that in the marker missions.

I don't ever remember having to click the marker itself. Jumping through them, yes, but not clicking them.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next