It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

Has anyone else had abnormal issues with URU?
Yes, everytime 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Only when I'm playing Solitare and doing my term papers at the same time 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Once and a while, I blame Murphy's Law 80%  80%  [ 16 ]
Never, my Computer is always acting up 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 20
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 am 

Help! my group of explorers and I really need help with this issue!

URU's been acting odd for the eldest of the group, and he just got a new computer (and I mean new, they even gave him a free copy of Vista)

Here's a list of it's specs for the technophiles:

System:
Windows XP
Media Center Edition
V. 2002
SP2

Registered to:

Heeeey..... Wait a minute!

:roll:

HP

AMD Anthlon 64X2 Dual
Core Processor 4200+
2.20 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
PAE (Phyiscal Address Extension??)

~-~-~-~-~-~-

ALSO: He said he runs a screen saver and it goes to an auto standby, could that be an issue?

Has anyone else had this problem.

Also, when it boots him out, it gives him that Error people got in builds 8 and 9. I got it once, though I lose it's exact text. Someone'll chew me up on it.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Best, WC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:58 am 

1. We obviously need a technical forum (not just the Beta technical forum)

2. More relevantly: please state what you mean by 'acting odd'!
In order to help people need to know what happened, in terms of facts. Things like: what you were doing (were you in URU, were you trying to log-on, were you linking between ages, chatting in the city, etc.); what you/he saw on the screen; what error messages (if any) popped up.

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:04 am 

I kept dropping out because of "could not get the content, lol" errors. Obviously, I would have been better NOT uninstalling GameTap (since I STILL am waiting on a reply) but oh well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ed Oscuro wrote:
..."could not get the content, lol" ...

this was the message you got? :shock:
hmm, sorry, never heard of that.
Please consider being more explicit about what you did and what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Where's the option of "Everything works fine", and why is this a poll anyhow?

And you definitely need to be more specific than "That thing everyone got" or "Odd". And if they got him a copy of Vista, why is it running XP? (I know, XP is superior to Vista right now, but you -said- it was a brand new machine.)

The screensaver won't kick in while the game is running. It -might- kick in before the game runs though, and that could cause problems, but only if he's not at his computer for extended periods of time while it's downloading updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moleculor wrote:

The screensaver won't kick in while the game is running. It -might- kick in before the game runs though, and that could cause problems, but only if he's not at his computer for extended periods of time while it's downloading updates.

Turn the screensaver off to eliminate it from the possibility of causing a problem. Also, take a look in Task Manager for any unnecessary services and/or programs that can be turned off while playing.

The more resources you have available for MOUL the better. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:08 pm 

Allright, Lemmie clear these things up. I wrote the original post at around 12AM.

1) I said he's getting a free copy of Vista because if you bought a computer from Novemeber to some day in December, they would ship you a free copy of Vista if you choose. So his computer isn't that old.

2) We're exploring Eder Gira, and he'll boot out. URU will blow him to the desktop, with an Error that starts with "Access Denied" Or to that extent. It was around a bit in Builds 8 or 9, so if someone knows the exact error, that'd be nice (I'll probably look today)

We first thought it was Gira, so we went to Kadish. Same thing happened.

Sorry for the confusion, I put a poll there just to see how many people are having issues with URU. The Choices are very bad jokes, I know. Just my humor >.<.

Moleculor: The Option for everything works fine was that one that said "my computer is always messing up". See? That's bad humor right there.

So I'll go look for the Error message. Thanks for the help!

Best,
WC

Post subject: UPDATENESS!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:39 pm 

Allright, I tried to simulate how I got the error message. Didn't pop up this time, but it sent him all the way to the City. It was the Kadish Gallery book, and when i shared it with him, he ended up in the public city.

EDIT: Best bet is that the error message came from a server overload. because the city wasn't that full this time

I've made mentions of this before in a post, I hope they fix it.

He also informed me that when it boots him out, he gets no error message.

He runs a password protected Screen-saver (when you want to use the Computer again, it asks for a password) so could that be causing an issue?

Thanks for all the help guys, and thanks again for putting up with me and how I can't explain things correctly (Anyone got a class for that?). I'll play guinea pig to the ideas until they work! :wink:

Best,
WC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

This has nothing to do with his screensaver.

What he needs to do is start submitting bug reports every time this happens. Submit the logs along with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 pm 

Allright, I'll have him do that.

What logs though? He said no error messages pop up when it boots him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please read the information under "SUPPORT" above. He can phone or email GameTap support. Or he can submit a bug report. If he get a screenshot of his problem(s) to submit with the bug report, that would be MOST useful.

Every time you play Uru, a "log" file is created in the Directory that Uru lives in in a folder labeled "Log" - mine lives in C:/programfiles/UruLive.

Make sure his system is up to spec - Uru uses LOTS of memory, so if he can get at least 1GB in is system, that would help.

Personally, I have chosen to stick with XP and am not purchasing Vista until I need a new system - oh, in about one year or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:10 pm 

Him and I agree both on the Vista issue. But they're giving him a free copy, so he'd might as well keep it until it's even close to XP, then run it and spend 72 hours downloading updates :wink:

His computer's pretty up to it. He got sent to the city when trying to share my gallery instance and had little, if any lag. Mine's the one who's chugging at times, but I've never been booted. I have some 4 year old processor and an ancient video card. Thank God for my 1GB RAM upgrade though. So the whole issue is odd. I'll have him send the Log in, and I'll post a copy here. Sometimes the consumer knows a bit more than the company *CoughelectronicartsCough*

Best,
WC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:47 pm 

Geron wrote:
Ed Oscuro wrote:
..."could not get the content, lol" ...

this was the message you got? :shock:
hmm, sorry, never heard of that.
Please consider being more explicit about what you did and what happened.

It doesn't matter anymore because I uninstalled GameTap and am waiting to get my info so I can re-install. It seemed to be a GT error, and not Uru, since I also had another GT game start acting strangely.

But basically it would boot me from the game at random times and said "Error accessing content" back in GameTap.

p.s. I would hold off installing Vista for now. It'll take a while for it to mature and I also am worried about the real-world impact of this DRM stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moleculor wrote:
Where's the option of "Everything works fine", and why is this a poll anyhow?

'Cause people like to post polls for the heck of it?

:roll:

Moleculor wrote:
The screensaver won't kick in while the game is running.

Actually, for me it did. I had to turn it off, 'cause it would just start up if I was idle for a set ammount of time. It was password protected - maybe the issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Topic moved to Beta Technical forums.
For now this is the place to discuss these subjects.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]