It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:22 pm 

I'm trying to download URU through gametap in preparation for the launch and every time it gets to about 75% and then stops with an error saying "error downloading files, shutdown gametap and re-try. If problems persist please contact support...etc."

Just thought I'd check here first to see if anyone knows what's up with this before calling support.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:55 am 

I actually did not have this problem with URU oddly enough but I had that problem with every game after URU on gametap. I fixed it by totally turning turning off my "nvidia firewall" - it was in the lowest mode - "hacker protection" but it still interfered about 2/3 of the way through. I am behind a router so I am not overly obsessed by this. So far I have down loaded 2 games that I had consistent trouble before.

I previously had to do this fix as well because of URU gameplay problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:22 am 

Flies, eh? :lol:

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject: Same Problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 pm 

I have tried downloading the URU software four times for my wife's computer (She has an account too) and every time it gets to 75% and bombs... This is after about 2-3 hours of downloading on a fast connection.

Honestly, URU is the only reason why we have Gametap subscriptions and I am seriously not impressed with Gametap's support.

Also Beta testing Middle Earth Online and it rocks!!!

Post subject: Re: Same Problem
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:38 pm 

iemckinnon wrote:
I have tried downloading the URU software four times for my wife's computer (She has an account too) and every time it gets to 75% and bombs... This is after about 2-3 hours of downloading on a fast connection.

Honestly, URU is the only reason why we have Gametap subscriptions and I am seriously not impressed with Gametap's support.

Also Beta testing Middle Earth Online and it rocks!!!

You are seriously not impressed with Gametap's support...

And what was this impression based off of? Everything I've heard about their technical support is that it's amazing... You're sure you didn't contact customer support? They wouldn't be the ones for this, you'd want to contact technical support...

Post subject: Gametap tech support
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:07 am 

Well, let see... I called Gametap tech support, and my wife chatted with them online reporting the problem... I mean once is a problem, twice is a symptom and 5 times is a bug... especially when I am not the only one having the problem...

Their response is "Ummmmm well you can try the forums... maybe you can find a member to send you their install file..."

I mean... really... that sounds like "Don't bug us... go bug someone else"

Is that good tech support?

Post subject: Re: Gametap tech support
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:36 am 

iemckinnon wrote:
Well, let see... I called Gametap tech support, and my wife chatted with them online reporting the problem... I mean once is a problem, twice is a symptom and 5 times is a bug... especially when I am not the only one having the problem...

Their response is "Ummmmm well you can try the forums... maybe you can find a member to send you their install file..."

I mean... really... that sounds like "Don't bug us... go bug someone else"

Is that good tech support?

That's dumb. Try contacting them again, and if they say that again, don't accept it for an answer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]