It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Egon wrote:
Look at Little Big Planet: it's a hit game because making levels is just fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 am 

It's silly to want making any Age to be difficult. The mark of any good tool is that it makes easy things easy and hard things possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:27 pm 

I'd rather want a few great hand made ages then 100 in game made random ages. It's better that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:56 am 

Naturally if Ages contain only easy things, they're likely going to be pretty boring.

Each shard will no doubt have its own policy on which Ages to make available. Some will have a high bar for quality, others will happily accept 'Random boxes Age #320', and that's fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:16 pm 

Doug Parker wrote:
I think that making ages should be easy and hard.
In other words, I think it might be good, if there was a way for an average person, that had little technical experience to make a very simple age. That way everyone that really wanted to could feel like they could participate in the game. I think that there also should be well thought out ages as well. I think in the long run, this would improve the quality of things in general. I think for most individuals, they would be satisfied with churning out something simple, as long as he or she could call it their own. More complicated things could be left to the guilds. I think a simple age generator type of thing could satisfy this need. This would allow explorers to make their own homes, if they wanted to. Maybe, these ages could serve as an alternate link-in place to Relto. An age generator would also ensure that ages made by us common folk would have minimal bugs in it.

By keeping a distinction between the "Professionally done", guild sponsored ages, and those done by the "amateurs", I think it would improve the quality in general. Explorers would either join a guild, and work with a team, or they would use the writing interface with lower expectations. In addition, I think this would be less likely to minimalise the effort that probably went into the "art of writing". "Realistically", IC, while we might allow for people to be naturally gifted, I don't think we would be expecting people to just pick up a pen and paper from the stationary story, and slap together an age -- complete with a full history and intricate puzzles.

In fact, I would be more likely to expect most ages to just be landscape without structures. I would expect structures to be added by people, rather than written in -- especially for beginners. Here is where an ecconomy could be interesting, if we chose to add one. Maybe, not all our designers would write ages. Maybe, there could be those that could "construct" buildings for people with barren ages. Maybe, for those that are very good with buildings and mechanical structure, but aren't good with terrain could design buildings. Maybe some could simply design puzzles as their contribution. If there was an ecconomy, some might be able to purchase buildings, vaults, structures, fish tanks, etc. Maybe for those that wanted a better looking age, they could submit a request to the guild of writers to work on it. Maybe, one could design their own buildings, and if one bought enough "Material", they could build their design on their own land.

YES YES YES!!! and put this with the thread starters post to put an end to all this bickering.
'THATS THE GAME OF IT!' Just like in a real life situation you MUST have (good with the bad). A Balance! Yin and Yang,
Life would not be fun if everything was handed to you on a silver platter would it? I don't think so.

Just like age creation YOU WILL have to go to 'school' to learn more D'ni symbols and letters IF you want a better age.
Just like in the Myst books the people in the guilds were aka; the programmers and coders. There are many classes of people blue collar , white collar, type of workers IRL and so many differant types of jobs too.ie; (the economeny)
The D'ni them selfs had that also.

*********OPEN YOUR EYES and YOUR MINDS PEOPLE**********
******THIS IS THE VERY THING WE WERE ALL WARNED ABOUT*******

I have also noticed in all the 1000's of other posts and also with Cyan, NO VIOLENCE, NO FIGHTING, you can not get HURT, etc. etc. Basicly taking the ie; BAD aka EVIL element out of URU MORE thinking thats
the YAHVO way to do it, Really has been the JAKOOTH that has for the most part, KILLED it.

Ironic isn't it...

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:09 am 

damianvila IMO; I think you have 'one' of the best thought out ways of making this game actualy start to live again.

Moula has Instances, The Hoods are all instances,
Each Hood also has its own instance of the City! Reltos are all instances too.

Maybe That is what Cyan possibly has planned as a way for explorers to help rebuild and restore D'ni.
With M5 content the prodrical engine is already there!!! (The Bahro rosetta stone tablets )

I say BOTH ways of creating content can co-exist together in MOULa. (just gotta get the new phyX engine figured out so
the Wall game in Gareseen will work again etc.)

What other game engines does MOULa make use of? I know it uses Python the code that holds it all together and plasma which is what the texture and partical engine?

It is all about 'in game' ways of creating and pararelling 'behind the curtains' with 'in game' mechanics, example;
You are writing a age in 3D max, in game others would see you with a blank discriptive book, as you get farther along
in 3D max , your in game book will start to fill up with D'ni text. other explorers would see you like sitting at a table writing in your book. etc. etc.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 am 

VoiZod wrote:
Moula has Instances, The Hoods are all instances, Each Hood also has its own instance of the City! Reltos are all instances too.

The Hoods being instanced is debatable. Since all evidence points to instances being a invention of Yeesha which the D'ni were largely unaware of, and since the Nexus that links to all neighborhoods does not appear to have been modified by Yeesha, then neighborhoods would not be considered instanced. Instead, they are all merely separate constructions along the cavern wall.

VoiZod wrote:
Maybe That is what Cyan possibly has planned as a way for explorers to help rebuild and restore D'ni.
With M5 content the prodrical engine is already there!!! (The Bahro rosetta stone tablets ) I say BOTH ways of creating content can co-exist together in MOULa.

The stone tablet from Myst V isn't really an engine for anything than comparing drawings.

VoiZod wrote:
What other game engines does MOULa make use of? I know it uses Python the code that holds it all together and plasma which is what the texture and partical engine?

Plasma is the only game engine used.

VoiZod wrote:
YES YES YES!!! and put this with the thread starters post to put an end to all this bickering.
'THATS THE GAME OF IT!' Just like in a real life situation you MUST have (good with the bad). A Balance! Yin and Yang,
Life would not be fun if everything was handed to you on a silver platter would it? I don't think so.

Just like age creation YOU WILL have to go to 'school' to learn more D'ni symbols and letters IF you want a better age.
Just like in the Myst books the people in the guilds were aka; the programmers and coders. There are many classes of people blue collar , white collar, type of workers IRL and so many differant types of jobs too.ie; (the economeny)
The D'ni them selfs had that also.

*********OPEN YOUR EYES and YOUR MINDS PEOPLE**********
******THIS IS THE VERY THING WE WERE ALL WARNED ABOUT*******

I have also noticed in all the 1000's of other posts and also with Cyan, NO VIOLENCE, NO FIGHTING, you can not get HURT, etc. etc. Basicly taking the ie; BAD aka EVIL element out of URU MORE thinking thats
the YAHVO way to do it, Really has been the JAKOOTH that has for the most part, KILLED it.

what

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 am 

I think VoiZod's been possessed by this guy.

PRIVAAAAATE!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3