It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 pm 

Just drawn up a puzzle for the pueblo that allows acess to the bahro stone. Based on steam flow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, Uru is actually starting up again. How is it fitting into your idea so far (if it is)?

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:52 am 

It was a little unexpected. :lol:

A few days ago I wasn't expecting Uru to ever see the light of day again. Sarpedon's idea still sounds good though, it would make a nice single player experience in Uru when playing offline.

"Life is not an easy matter... You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness." -L. T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:07 pm 

Well Uru's return was a bit unexpected. But I think I thought these ideas out, deliberately not taking into account current events. If I did take into account current events, most of of my plans would basically be, well y'know :wink: .
I've been interested in the history of Uru and would really like to know alot about Mudpie and DIRT, two parts of Uru's history that seem less well known to the majority of the community. My ideas are partially inspired by the two versions of Uru. Over the last few days, I've thought out a couple of gameplay ideas along with some creative ideas. Here's a creative one I just thought up that I could link to the game:

Traveling down to D'ni: Descent.

Now as I have stated in my original post, you have three journey's to undertake. Yeesha's journey, the link to the Pueblo and Tomahna where you can about the game's back-story (Helpful for new players) and the Descent into D'ni. Lets focus on the Descent. After Collecting your Relto book from under the tree, you proceed to talk to Zandi who directs you to the Volcano, the barbed-wire fence has been cut threw and at the top is a ladder that is propped up against the Volcano's steep edges. After climbing up the ladder, you step out onto a wooden scaffold, as tall as the rim of the Volcano's caldera. You see familiar sites such as the Moiety dagger and you get an excellent panorama of the Cleft and the desert scenery around you. You see that there is a hardhat (with a cave light strapped to the front of the hat) on the scaffold, you put it on. You find that there is no ladder down into the bottom of the caldera, which shows off a new gameplay idea and new physics idea, climbing ropes. You climb down the thin rope that has been tied to the scaffold poles and drop down slightly into the Caldera.

After finding the entrance to the caves under the volcano, you begin to make your way down to the Great Shaft (the journey towards the D'ni tunnels are longer than they were in Myst V as if you to implement the Myst V model of the Descent into the Uru model of the Cleft, the great shaft would be poking out of the ground!) You eventually reach the tunnels seen in Myst V, and you find the Eder Tomahn on the topmost level of the Great Shaft has a Nexus that seems in pristine condition, but is not working (the cog at the bottom is no longer rotating) and the book is protected by a panel which seems to be opened only by a lever on the wall of the Tomahn (which requires power). Strangely though you find that the Node doors still work and so does the Elevators of the Great Shaft (this explains the reason for the locked Node door in Myst V, as it contains the generator to the Elevators and Node doors and was locked by DRC members to prevent abuse by Explorers). You realise you must power the Fans and Nexus ports to continue further. You travel down the majestic Great Shaft (as it appears in Myst V) and eventually down to the bottom where you activate the D'ni generator and the fans, powering the fans (which helps continue acess to the caves leading down to the Cavern) and also the Nexus ports. Arriving at one of the Nexus ports that contains a book, you find a linking book to Noloben (the original version, not Myst V version). You can then either choose to link to Noloben or continue down into the caves.

Edit: Alot of the ideas I have posted here (and haven't) do seem unlikely technically as they would require Cyan's participation (which I doubt I would get) and also the Plasma Engine so it can be tweaked and improved. Nevertheless I will continue to post ideas not in hope they will become a reality but to show you what I thought of, I'm thinking of putting these in Creativity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:35 pm 

i don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but a great addition in uru should be to find Yeesha's necklace the one she got from the age of Serenia... then touch things around Ae'gura and reveal sequencies(brief videos) of her presence there along with plenty more information and stuff...

what do you think? is it possible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 am 

Quote:

Its possible but I think that is pretty much in the reserved to Cyan part of the story as well as an age we may not be able to change.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:35 am 

thundercat wrote:
i don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but a great addition in uru should be to find Yeesha's necklace the one she got from the age of Serenia... then touch things around Ae'gura and reveal sequencies(brief videos) of her presence there along with plenty more information and stuff...

WOW yea! now that would be fun and entertaining trying to find Yeesha lost necklace somewhere in cavern or ages.
and apon finding it, ALL the things we would see and all unanswered questions, being answered through the necklace!
of coarse you will have to be in the 'right' location. 8)

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 pm 

to Nalates: i imagine it is always cyan that will have to decide. but my question is, we (the fans) even if we don't know the story like cyan does, can't we suggest small features that they could at least take under consideration for the future?

to VoiZod: exactly! finding her necklace it could be a whole new mission ( a bridge - new relto page - that from your relto takes you to small island like all those around where a second smaller library - other new relto page - is found and where new journeys begin, or many others)

just a personal idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:31 pm 

thundercat you are right, we can.

I tend to think in terms of what fan age builders can and cannot do. This is one of those items we can wish Cyan would do.

Whether or not we can find a necklace like Yeesha's and do an IC story about whether it is the real or a fake... telling the truth or some nefarious propaganda tool or something in between is probably possible in the parts of the game we can change.

I can see it telling us where the Kadish treasure got moved to and how to find it being a whole new puzzle and possible spoof without interfering with the Cyan story. Or it could be like the magical 8-ball that gives answers.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm 

in fact Nalates... i remember that in the holograms during uru where yeesha is present looks like she is wearing some kind of nekclace tight. although i am afraid she does not wear it during her presence in myst 5 end of ages.... what happened to it?
she lost it somehow? she left it somewhere and after reaching Releeshann she came back and took it? will we ever know? did she have her own relto? or did she write it just for us?

i have so many questions... for exampe i read somewhere that the bahro stones are placed there by the bahro. is this because in myst 5 we set them finally free? are we ever going to be able to write on that tablet again? or find where that final golden one is? the signs of each age of the 4 first main ages in uru that are even present in the cleft on the hologram device are they bahro signs? if yes what do they mean? in myst 5 i noticed that in each age you call the bahro to execute something specific so in taghira heat (fire), in todelmer planet moving ( earth), in noloben rain (water), in laki'ahn wind (air), which means the four elements, but nothing was mentioned on their importance, so why the 4 elements?.... and so on.... the list is desperately long.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 pm 

http://3dconceptualdesigner.blogspot.co ... nalem.html

in this page you can see amazing sketches from the age of Venalem (the age from which the ink used to write ages comes).

although i believe many of you already know about it...

so i would like to aks if there is anything new... in which phase is it right now? are we ever going to get there in the near or long future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:59 am 

I don't think there need be a new beginning, in fact I think they should go back to the way Complete Chronicles started. Just dropping the player off in their Relto without explanation as in MOUL is really confusing and I'm still not sure why they changed it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2