It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 2:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Do you believe the Relto shelf would be a good idea?
Yes, I'd welcome it. 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
No, it's not useful enough. 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
No, it'd be too difficult to implement. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22
 Post subject: Buddy Relto Shelf
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am 

Feature: Buddy Relto Shelf

Alright, I'm not sure if this has been requested before or not but I believe an additional shelf in your Relto containing the linking books of your buddies' Relto ages would be nice. Often time my friends and I will be off exploring an age when one of us will be disconnected. It's quite frustrating to have to go meet back in a Bevin or in Kirel or some place just to bring them back into the host's Relto and from there back to the host's age.

I don't believe this feature would be too terribly difficult (but then again, I know nothing about the source code of Uru so I, by no means, should be the judge of that) and it would be incredibly useful. It'd be the equivalent of simply walking down the street to your friend's house rather than driving to the mall to have them take you back to their place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am 

Your buddy's and neighbours can already share their Ages with you using the KI interface that give the buddie/neighbour a link in the Nexus. Guild of Greeters KI guide section
The advantage of the KI/Nexus share method is that it's easy to implement, gives you complete control over who has access to your Ages (you may not want anybody and everybody dropping into your Ages and messing about).

Last edited by Stellaflora on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am 

I'm sure people have suggested it, but people have suggested a few things.

I've heard of a more useful addition, which would be a "nexus" terminal situated out on the rock where your waterfall is (a special one where the book comes out of the pillar itself instead of a circling stone library), where you can simply assign Ages to it that you want to have on easy access, free of the Nexus' clutter.

E.g. If you're making Pellets, only put your Er'cana Ages up into the system. If you want to be a part of various Neighborhoods, only put your invited Bevin books in the Panel.

Good idea at heart, but not exactly the most useful way to implement it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:02 am 

Stellaflora wrote:
Your buddy's and neighbours can already share their Ages with you using the KI interface that give the buddie/neighbour a link in the Nexus. Guild of Greeters KI guide section
The advantage of the KI/Nexus share method is that it's easy to implement, gives you complete control over who has access to your Ages (you may not want anybody and everybody dropping into your Ages and messing about).

Interesting, I was not aware of this. Please disregard my feature suggestion. Many thanks!

Post subject: Re: Buddy Relto Shelf
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

celestialorb wrote:
Feature: Buddy Relto Shelf

Alright, I'm not sure if this has been requested before or not but I believe an additional shelf in your Relto containing the linking books of your buddies' Relto ages would be nice. Often time my friends and I will be off exploring an age when one of us will be disconnected. It's quite frustrating to have to go meet back in a Bevin or in Kirel or some place just to bring them back into the host's Relto and from there back to the host's age.

I don't believe this feature would be too terribly difficult (but then again, I know nothing about the source code of Uru so I, by no means, should be the judge of that) and it would be incredibly useful. It'd be the equivalent of simply walking down the street to your friend's house rather than driving to the mall to have them take you back to their place.

This could work very well with my idea for extra rooms for the Relto because the shelf could actually be a component of the extra rooms as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:37 pm 

Perhaps this could be a good idea and perhaps not. Sometimes I go to my relto if I want to think or be alone. I wouldn't want buddies popping in and out every second.
People can send KI invites to ages (except nexus, cleft and relto) which you can access via nexus. Relto is meant to be a private little island. A home. (:

Meh, I dunno.

Lindsay..x..(;

Post subject: Relto Improvements
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:29 pm 

After I Finished the solo mode, and the path of the shell, I would surely like some more features for my relto...

Well, i don't know, some new relto pages, flowers or whatever...

I don't know if it's possible with all the computer technology stuff (I suck with computers), but it would be nice =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]