It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm 

as i have been reading all over the internet it looks like a myst movie would happen after all.... as i said at the start of this topic it is the most important step that could be done... so my dear uru-friends i am really confident that when myst movie hits the cinema it will be a huge success providing our writer-developer-fellows to have the economic possibility to continue myst's story line with hundreds of new stuff, ages, clues, enigmas, and so on... just a bit more patience.... :roll: :lol: :D :wink: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 am 

Having MOULa on Steam definitely seems like an excellant move. It could open MOULa up to a possibly bigger community and perhaps revive interest in it. However if this was to hypothetically happen, at least two things would have to happen to ensure it's success. Firstly, Cyan would have to make it Open Source and allow player-made content onto MOULa and make it available from Steam for download for free. Secondly, the first thing would only seem likely to succeed if Cyan would have enough money to produce the tools necessary for making MOULa compatible with Steam. So far, progress with steam-run Cyan games have been slow and they are extremely buggy. For Cyan to provide MOULa and open-source on Steam, it would not have to rely on donations from loyal fans but from making MOULa a priced product, so that they can at least gain some wealth from its sales. The source of income from MOULa would then perhaps allow Cyan to make it open-source, which would be an incentive to play, allowing the fans to showcase their ages and designs.
However, if this was all to happen, the free MOULa, downloadable from this website, would have to be made unavailable. It would be a disincentive for people to buy MOULa off Steam and Cyan would have to be committed to bringing open-source to the Steam version.

One possible scenario from making MOULa purchasable and open-source on Steam is the chance of a bigger community, people who have never played Myst or Uru before. The chance to make your own content could attract communities from games such as Team Fortress 2, which has its won modding community and modding contests (similar to the GOW's RAD's). Another scenario, more unlikely sadly, was that in the case of D'mala, MOULa on Steam could grab the attention of another publisher or developer who could wish to fund MOULa, especially if it is open-source and has player-generated content.

Therefore, I propose we campaign for MOULa to arrive on Steam where it can reach a wider audience and perhaps, become open-source and more viable as a financially-backed project.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2