It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: MOUL Age Commentary :)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:40 pm 

A couple of days ago I played through Half Life : Lost Coast and Episode One for kicks (just upgraded to Vista and wanted to play with it a bit)

And one thing that really struck me, was the optional Audio Commentary. At specific points in the game (if you choose to enable them, under options) you can see Commentary Bubbles, which a player can activate to hear a Valve Software employee talk about a certain story / design / gameplay / level design topic.

It really adds to the replayability to the game, and is (in my opinion) extremely interesting to hear about.

Perhaps Cyan would be willing to grace us with *completly user-selectable optional* audio commentary. It would be great to hear stories about what went into the levels and why or how things used to work through the many incarnations of Uru.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 pm 

yea, that would be cool, I'd like to know some of the little stories on making some of the Ages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I had suggested this a while back, of having both IC and OOC commentary...either the Cyan developers talking about how they made the Ages, and/or the DRC talking about their restoration efforts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:37 pm 

Meh -- we already have IC commentary, we can just ask them in person. :roll:

Yay for OOC commentary :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:47 am 

That would be pretty interesting. Personally, this wouldn't be something I would use while exploring an Age for the first time, or even the fifth time- it would be difficult to enjoy the digital scenery while hearing about the woes of the physics engine or something.

What WOULD be cool is to have this as a feature on Ages that have already been around for a long time, like the original Journey Ages.

As far as an IC commentary... That would actually be tough. There would have to be some kind of IC explanation as to why the commentaries are there, or where they're coming from, for that matter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Calam wrote:
As far as an IC commentary... That would actually be tough. There would have to be some kind of IC explanation as to why the commentaries are there, or where they're coming from, for that matter...

Easy. KI function. Recorded voice downloaded from the Great Zero, or the lattice or something...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]