It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm not sure whether continuing to use the Cider wrapper is legit.

Does anyone have it working through Crossover yet? Cougar, you sounded like you were closest.

Also, has anyone been able to successfully port the Uru Live folder out of the original MOUL into a Crossover folder and run the launcher on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was running it in Crossover last night without any major issues (sound was popping, but I'm gonna do some more digging on the cause there).

Just download the installer, install it into its own bottle, and cancel the patcher if you've already got the files elsewhere. Then copy those files to (this is from memory, so I apologize if I mess this path up): /Users/<Your Name>/Library/Application Support/Crossover Games/bottles/<Bottle Name>/drive_c/Program Files/Uru Live

Re-start the patcher app (you may need to reboot the bottle since the patcher likes to get stuck if you kill it), which should be in /Users/<Your Name>/Applications/Crossover Games/<Bottle Name>, and you're good to go :).

If you don't have any pre-existing set of MOUL files, just let the patcher do its thing in step 1 without canceling it.

The game should also automatically prompt you to install PhysX during its initial launch into the game proper, and that went through without a hitch for me as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Alahmnat. I look forward to trying once the servers are up again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:57 am 

Thanks to rainbow's instructions, I got the Mac wrapper working. No Crossover needed! The game seems to be running fine, but there is noticeable lag.The only issue is that the status text for the updater is not displaying correctly, instead you see HTML code. Doesn't really matter, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:01 am 
Obduction Backer

OK -- it's d/led on the Boot Camp side, and I want to run it on the Mac side. Can I drop the launcher .exe from that straight into the Mac package from Gametap, or do I need to do something to it first?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Fax: Sure, if you can get the UruLauncher.exe from your Boot Camp partition to your Mac partition, you can place it in /Applications/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live. To save a lot of download time, you can also copy the avi, dat, and sfx directories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Where do I copy those to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:13 am 
Obduction Backer

The same place. Copy UruLauncher.exe, and the avi, dat, and sfx directories if you can, to /Applications/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/Myst Online.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:39 am 

When I can finally confirm my account and download the installer I'm going to try to run MO:ULagain in Parallels for Mac 5.0 in my Windows XP virtual machine. Has any one else tried to do this?

MO:UL KI# 08022570

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 am 

When I can finally confirm my account and download the installer I'm going to try to run MO:ULagain in Parallels for Mac 5.0 in my Windows XP virtual machine. Has any one else tried to do this?

MO:UL KI# 08022570

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:59 am 

I followed Rainbows (excellent) instructions on pg 2 of this thread. I had already DL the launcher and had actually gotten to 347MB remaining of the 1.2GB Uru download. I moved the Uru exe. file from the Wine install to the new one per the instructions. When I click on the Myst online in the Apps folder, it opens 'Uru Live Updater' on my desktop, but I see two App icons in my dock, both with the white 'active' dot beside them. They both appeared as soon as I clicked on the new Myst online icon in my Apps folder.

Is this normal, or a problem?

OK: The patcher update was going nowhere, so I closed it. Only one of the icons disappeared. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to do, if anything?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

TianMar wrote:
I followed Rainbows (excellent) instructions on pg 2 of this thread. I had already DL the launcher and had actually gotten to 347MB remaining of the 1.2GB Uru download. I moved the Uru exe. file from the Wine install to the new one per the instructions. When I click on the Myst online in the Apps folder, it opens 'Uru Live Updater' on my desktop, but I see two App icons in my dock, both with the white 'active' dot beside them. They both appeared as soon as I clicked on the new Myst online icon in my Apps folder.

OK: The patcher update was going nowhere, so I closed it. Only one of the icons disappeared. Can anyone point me in the direction of what I need to do, if anything?

That's actually normal, although I don't know why it happens. I've found I have to force quit the first icon that appears. Maybe there's a fix for it, but I remember it happening in the GameTap days.

Also, the servers have been down, so I haven't been able to completely log in yet, and in the mean time I've notice it hanging up in lots of random perplexing places with various sized progress bars. It's all normal, I think. This is just how Uru always is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:22 pm 

Just wondering, but wasn't the official Mac client a Cider port anyways?

Technically, couldn't we just wait til they get the PC version stabilized and then wait and see if they go the relatively small extra mile to reinstill the Mac client?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

John Matthis wrote:
Just wondering, but wasn't the official Mac client a Cider port anyways?

Yup.

John Matthis wrote:
Technically, couldn't we just wait til they get the PC version stabilized and then wait and see if they go the relatively small extra mile to reinstill the Mac client?

Aw, but where's the fun in that? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

bfioca wrote:
TianMar wrote:
When I click on the Myst online in the Apps folder, it opens 'Uru Live Updater' on my desktop, but I see two App icons in my dock, both with the white 'active' dot beside them. They both appeared as soon as I clicked on the new Myst online icon in my Apps folder.

That's actually normal, although I don't know why it happens. I've found I have to force quit the first icon that appears. Maybe there's a fix for it, but I remember it happening in the GameTap days.

Yes, both situations are "normal." When you first run Myst Online.app from your Applications folder, it will quit itself and launch the second Myst Online.app inside its application bundle; this one will stick around either until the game exits normally, or forever, if something unexpected happens (such as the game crashing or you canceling the updater); in this case you have to force-quit it. The updater, the login screen, and the end user license agreement are each separate applications that will show a separate icon in the dock while they're running. Once you're actually playing the game, you should see only a single running Myst Online.app icon in the dock.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next