It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, that’s all correct (except it’s a double-click, not a click on the .dmg file, but you’re well past that). However, control-clicking the book icon should open the context menu, it shouldn’t run the application. Double-click is for running. I’m not sure what’s happening here. Do you have a mouse or trackpad with a right button so you could try right-clicking instead of control-clicking? Edit: Or are you confused about what control-click means? It means hold down the ctrl key on the keyboard while clicking with the (left) mouse button.

Post subject: Will keep trying
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:19 pm 

I'm using a MacBook Air, so it only has the one button :D

When I control-click on the book icon in the installation window it opens the context menu and I can drill down, but by the time I get the book icon in the Application folder itself a control-click just runs the programme ...

Post subject: Re: Will keep trying
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Gordon_M wrote:
I'm using a MacBook Air, so it only has the one button :D

OK, then you can right-click by using two fingers on the trackpad, if you enable that in System Preferences > Trackpad.

Gordon_M wrote:
When I control-click on the book icon in the installation window it opens the context menu and I can drill down, but by the time I get the book icon in the Application folder itself a control-click just runs the programme ...

Alright, guessing further… Could it be that the the icon you’re unsuccessfully trying to control-click on is not in a Finder window, but in the menu or stack or grid that you can open by clicking the Applications icon in the dock? You need to do it in a Finder window, which you can open e.g. by choosing Go To > Applications from the Finder menu bar.

(Bear with me… I’m sure there is something ridiculously trivial that you’re doing differently than I expect, but to figure out what it is, I just need to ask a lot of dumb questions. :))

Post subject: Not a problem
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:52 pm 

Thanks to your advice I just bashed away at it till it gave in.

I think I did eventually drill down in a Finder window, and that let me drag the old file to the trash, after which it was a simple matter to drag the replacement file in, update, and go.

All now duly sorted - thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great – have fun! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:24 am 

Just attempted this process on a 13" MacBook Pro running 10.8.5, and everything went smoothly until the initial "Updating Uru" loading bars completed (within the game, not the launcher updater - that worked fine). As soon as the Updating loading bars completed, the game crashed with a stack trace error.

I had a working install on another mac, running 10.9.4, and I attempted to copy it over to the older mac - to no avail. Same error :( Both the old install and new install were made by manually replacing UruExplorer.exe in the Cider wrapper, as per Rainbow's instructions on page 2.

To make matters worse, it now appears that my installation that was working earlier this evening is now also demonstrating the same crash, making the game inaccessible to me entirely. Has anybody had much luck getting it to run on 10.8+?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:45 am 
Obduction Backer

The solution (workaround) to that problem is here. It’s unrelated to 10.8+.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm 

Ah! Thank you so much. This topic was the first result when I Googled "MOULa Mac", I didn't realize it was no longer up to date. Silly me :)

Works fine now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

By the way...

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21