It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

So, what content can you do reliably? Only get to Relto? I seem to recall reading a post here with the same problem not that long ago. I don't remember if we were able to find a solution, but I'll post a link to the thread when I find it. Maybe it can provide some more information.

[EDIT] Found it here.. It looks like it was determined to be caused by trying to play with an unsupported graphics chipset. [/EDIT]

Last edited by Drakmyth on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:29 am 

Drakmyth wrote:
So, what content can you do reliably? Only get to Relto? I seem to recall reading a post here with the same problem not that long ago. I don't remember if we were able to find a solution, but I'll post a link to the thread when I find it. Maybe it can provide some more information.

[EDIT] Found it here.. It looks like it was determined to be caused by trying to play with an unsupported graphics chipset. [/EDIT]

I see.

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:38 pm 

Drakmyth wrote:
The game is crashing with either a Network Error 5 or Network Error 6 message.
These errors seem to indicate that your client has lost the connection to Cyan's server. We do not know exactly what causes them, but the only current solution is to just restart the game. If you are experiencing this problem often, you may want to check that you have a stable internet connection.

I am experiencing this problem very, very often. Most of the time, I get this error at the loading screen right before Relto. Only a few times have I managed to make it into the Cavern and from there it crashes after a few minutes. :? I know I have a stable internet connection, so what else could be causing this error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Network Error 6 is a problem that many people are having. It is prove extremely difficult to track down, and impossible to solve without first doing so. I recommend reading through this thread for more information, as well as instructions to submit a report to Mac_Fife, who is examining logs to try and find the source of this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:01 am 
Obduction Backer

*shameless plug* If you are experiencing crashes, I would also advise you to download my monitoring program from here. Since I don't experience any crashes, I need other people's help in testing the usefulness of the program. Sending me crash logs will help me determine this and allow me to make improvements. The program is approved by Cyan, and may be integrated into the game updates if it proves useful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 pm 

Frestro wrote:
djlumberjack wrote:
omg, I'm getting very depressed here. Just a black screen is all I get!!!!! I simply cannot figure this out!!! The game starts to load up but nothing but black. It shows my processor at a constant 50% during this black screen too and the only way to close it is to ctrl-alt-del it.

Did you check your firewall settings? Up til that point the game needs access only I think, so with the wrong settings it might seem to hang.

Evidently someone else has had this problem. Do not think this is a firewall problem in my case. I have been in a few times and have gotten to the point where I have my Ki. Now I am able to login but when it would normally do the updates and play the Cyan intro I just get a that blank, black screen. Have to do the three finger salute to kill the session. This problem started late yesterday and I figured it would clear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

"Nothing but black" usually means that there's a stack dump behind it that you can't see. Alt Tab may help here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Running the monitor would work if that was the case. It automatically closes MOUL in the case of a stackdump (which is logged to a file)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
"Nothing but black" usually means that there's a stack dump behind it that you can't see. Alt Tab may help here.

My apologies for my previous post. I needed to think before I posted. Reloaded Video drivers and there is much joy in Mudville now! In other words... it is working properly again. The Mudville reference is from the poem "Casey at the Bat" written in 1888 by Ernest Thayer. No, I was not there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 am 

Guess I'm a victim of habit. My late father beta tested Mudpie and I've used his password everytime URU was available. This morning it doesn't work. I sent the email but it still was an unpleasant surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:20 am 

:shock: I'm getting Net 6 and 5 errors so often that the game is barely playable for me. Any steps I can take to prevent this from happening?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

After a couple of months of consistently being able to play without issues, I am now back to the problem of "checking for patcher update" being the locking up point. :(

I'm afraid if I do a reinstall I will lose my progress. How do I protect my status if I run MOULInstaller.exe again? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

You will not lose any progress whatsoever if you rerun the MOUL installer. All progress is stored on the server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:43 pm 

I read through the first few pages, made firewall exceptions to everything I could think of, but after logging in and accepting terms, a message pops up that the URU is loading, goes away, and nothing happens. Help? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tahgtahv wrote:
You will not lose any progress whatsoever if you rerun the MOUL installer. All progress is stored on the server.

Thanks, Tahgtahv, it worked! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next