It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well this is intriguing...

Let's try something:
1. Download this file: http://cl.ly/ce65920d623923c06ddc
2. Replace the UruLauncher.exe file wherever it is currently installed
3. Delete TOS.txt in that same directory

See if it will run then. If you run Vista or above, be sure to run as an administrator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:11 pm 

...I don't have any TOS.txt file...?

I searched through my whole hard drive. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Is this for Linux or windows ? Because I'm currently on my windows half.

EDIT #2: Am I beeing exeedingly stupid right now? (I feel like I am)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

This would be for the windows partition. And don't worry about feeling stupid, I'm sure we've all been in a situation that is remotely similar and have been at a loss :)

Did you find the urulauncher.exe file on your hard drive? If so try just replacing it with the one that I uploaded and don't worry about tos.txt just yet (the launcher may not have created it if it can't get updates).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:03 pm 

I replaced the urulauncher.exe but there is still no change :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is just bizarre... I'm out of ideas myself.

There must be something somewhere that's messing this up... maybe a registry entry or something. Anybody have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:17 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I presume you're getting the "Checking for updates" dialog coming up? If so, have you tried dragging the dialog box to one side to see if maybe Windows' firewall is throwing up a window that's being hidden, asking if you want to allow the program to connect to the internet?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:22 pm 

nope...nothing underneath
I've tried before after disactivating my firewall and there was no change there.

And, yes, it's the "checking for updates" message

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:17 pm 

Dear technical discussion team,

I have a straight-forward problem and it may have already been asked by someone else, but I can't look at 1000+ entries to find the answer, so I come with a simple problem:

I am a new MOULagain player and I have completed all 4 pillars to the basic ages, but I have no crevice in my relto in which I can jump into, it never developed at all. I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that on some of the bahro caves when I jumped into space the client shut down. At the time it didn't seem that important but with all 4 pillars complete and no crevice, I have no way of going to the cleft again, also, I tried jumping in the Eder Kemo Bahro Cave again only to find that the lighting was different in the yeesha-cave, and when I jumped into the abyss it looked like the D'ni caves.

:? Any ideas are worth trying at this point, because a lot of time and effort have been put into to get to this point, and I don't really want to create a new explorer.

Thanks,

SpawnShark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

@SpawnShark

Put simply, this isn't a bug, its a feature! There's one more thing you need to do.

"Assassination is an art, I am this city's most accomplished artist." - Durzo Blint

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yup, you aren't quite finished yet. Be sure to listen to Yeesha especially closely when you get that last pillar.

[spoiler=Have you...]Tried going back to a certain place in the ages?[spoiler=Specifically...]Near certain doors?[spoiler=Maybe...]Maybe there's something to do through those doors?[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
SpawnShark wrote:
I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that on some of the bahro caves when I jumped into space the client shut down. At the time it didn't seem that important

You're right; it wasn't important and doesn't have anything to do with your problem. This seems to be a common issue with all the bahro caves, but usually doesn't affect gameplay.

tanshin wrote:
Yup, you aren't quite finished yet. Be sure to listen to Yeesha especially closely when you get that last pillar.

[spoiler=You can hear the speech again by returning to the cave and touching the picture on the wall.][spoiler=It is all about *returning*]Return the pillars.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Post subject: ohh...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 pm 

Yeah, I just realized what to do, forgot about the whole "return what was taken" thing. thanks guys.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

is there a server problem? im stuck at checking for updates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:50 pm 

A number of people who have new installs have reported that the update from the installer's 1.887 to the current 1.893 will not work. The updater seems to be a bit sluggish even for people running 1.893 (I just checked but was able to log in fine but the update check seems a wee bit slow). If this is a new install, then the simplest way around this is to find one of the posts that point to a download of 1.893 versions of urulauncher.exe and uruexplorer.exe and get those. If you have another working install of MOULa on another computer, then copy those two files from it.

Looks like the server is getting ready to need another reboot to "clear out" the stale data that seems to creep into the vault cache. I have not played enough recently to see if the other tell-tale symptoms of vault problems are evident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

i managed to update the patcher but that doesnt help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next