It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hello all!

This is a message to RAWA and any of the other good people of Cyan. I have a technical problem that prevents me from even starting MO:ULagain, and it's the one that has been bothering me for the past few days now, ever since I learned about MO:ULagain. I've written about this problem in other posts, but I've been all over the place, and I think that putting my problem succinctly into one post would be helpful to all.

So it goes like this: I start up the launcher using the desktop shortcut. It checks for updates; there are none. I get to the authentication licensing agreement page, I hit "I accept". I wait a bit, and I get this window:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URU has experienced a serious error. Please report the information below.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

UruLive.Live.1.871 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x7C816D4F
0x008BF8F8
0x00464257
0x00462E58
0x00461D34
0x00455471
0x7C3428ED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitting Copy does nothing; hitting OK closes the screen.

I've checked for solutions on this message board. The "Common Problems and How To Solve Them" post by Drakmyth lists some pull-down menus. The menus for "Patcher Problems," "Log-In Problems," and "Crashing Problems," don't actually have anything that directly relates to this particular problem, but some seem similar, so I give them a try. I still get the same problem.

I look around the message board for a solution, and I find a lot of advice relating to the suggestion that I erase the TOS.exe file in my uru live folder, then start the game again. So I delete the TOS.exe file and hit UruExplorer.exe. But I get the same error. So I try it again: I delete the TOS.exe file and this time hit UruLauncher.exe. Same problem.

I try posting on some of the message topics about how I have the same problem they do. No reply that helps. Some references to past methods I already tried and failed at.

So now, I'm left with an unknown error and nowhere to turn to except the creators of the game. Can anybody out there please advise on this problem, and either correct it, or tell me what I am supposed to do?

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi, that is what's known as a "stack dump". There are a number of things that could cause that...I don't know how to read those myself. But HERE is a thread that might give some ideas and troubleshooting tips. You could also post your stack dump error message on that thread, and someone that knows how to read those could try to help out. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 pm 

I had a similar error and solved it.
How about reinstalling PhysX using "PhysX_Setup.exe" included in the installation directory?

I don't know if it helps but you might be able to solve the problem.

My post
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20139

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 am 

For a vey general overview, you could have a look at this next *older" post
at Ubi Uru Tech help forum...
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/524109302/m/6551071314?r=2841056314#2841056314

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]