It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 pm 

Hi fellow explorers,

it’s been a very long time since the Terrapin has tried to find his way down to the cavern and he can't seem to find the entrance.

out of context

[spoiler]i have forgotten my dratted password!!! Thought log in name was email but can't find my password anywhere any suggestions I could do with exploring the caverns again especially now I have hooked up or can shortly hook up to a 50 inch plasma TV[/spoiler]

Shorah friends Terrapin

edited for horrible spelling

Not the fastest but I have been following the Journey for a long time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here is the password recovery page: https://account.mystonline.com/StartPas ... overy.aspx

You will log in with your e-mail address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow. Somebody's using IC/OOC context, I've not seen that much since I've been here. It's of less import these days. Regardless, hope the tunnels clear for you terrapin and you can find your way to the great cavern unobstructed. Welcome Back to D'ni. The Great Cavern missed you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:50 pm 

thanks tanshin looks like I can pack the rucksac with the old spelelogical gear again.

Main_Avie always liked the ICC OOC games rember the fun at the D'ni restoration council 8-))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:58 pm 

the Cyan team kindly sent me a new link to the page to craeate the password to open the gates to URU but the key I have created will not work still is the gate double-locked

OCC

[spoiler] created a new passwrd all lower case with a few numbers as well but the login process still fails I have not logged into URU for at least 5 months has the auth server forgotten me???

any suggestions folks[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Are you sure there aren't any other copies of urulauncher.exe or uruexplorer.exe still running? (check in Task Manager) - If there is they could be stopping the login cookie from being updated (but I'm kinda clutching at straws here). Assuming the email address you're using to login is the same one you did the password reset request with, then it "should just work". I'm not sure if the username field is case sensitive - it might be.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:21 am 

recent changes to my system has been the instalation of a new sound ard but that should not effect things I have checked intasck manager and cannot see any runniug copies of uru launcher, however [spoiler]i did try to add the download "drizzle" to my system altough I have not used or run uru with this or for that matter made any cahnges.

I hope I won't have to delete and reinstall uru as my poor avatar makes such slow process as I have limited time for gaming at the moment.[/spoiler]

thanks for answering Mac_Fife

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:41 am 

Returning to the beginning of your journey isn't so big a step backwards as you might think [spoiler]Re-installing MOUL should not affect your avatar's progress, as that is stored on the server, not your PC[/spoiler] However, I don't think that's likely to help you find your way in: You seem to be blocked by some other minor rockfall, but you may need some additional help[spoiler]You maybe need to log a request with the helpdesk to get them to check your account is accessible http://support.cyanworlds.com[/spoiler]

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 am 
Obduction Backer

How old is your Uru installation. What version is it. We are now at version 1.92. You may have to download the latest version from Cyan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 pm 

Shouldn't the client update itself to the latest version? :?
Maybe renaming the TOS file can help. It forces the client to update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

cpt-jericho wrote:
Shouldn't the client update itself to the latest version? :?
Maybe renaming the TOS file can help. It forces the client to update.

Unless it's REALLY old. The /really/ old ones try to connect to where the servers /used/ to be to get updates. Of course the server isn't there anymore :) But installing the new version only installs the new patcher, so that's a good suggestion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm 

Updating the patcher is certainly worth a try, but from the OP I'm inferring that terrapin is getting rejected at the login window, not the patcher update. Clarification on that would be good though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]