It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:26 pm 

I just got the news that I might be moving to Tunisia, North Africa for a year to attend the International school my aunt teaches music at. I have a GameTap account, and my question is that if I want to play Live while in Africa, would I be able to keep my Canada account and use it in Tunisia, or would I have to get an international account? During my stay I will still legally be a Canadian citizen and resident, and the account is paid for in Canadian dollars with a Canadian credit card by someone who will be living in Canada the whole time (my mom). That's all withstanding that I can buy a laptop that will play Live.

I have contacted GameTap but I'd like to hear from someone who would know the Uru situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hmm... I don't know anything about it really, but I suspect if you would be able to route it through the Canadian Gametap server, or whatever, you'd be fine. Expect longer download times or lag, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:03 am 

I posed a similar question to gametap. I am an american living oversease, here is their reply:
Quote:
Dear GameTap Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameTap Customer Support. Unfortunately, GameTap is only supported in the U.S. and Canada. Even though your billing information is based in the U.S., your IP address will not be so access to GameTap will not be allowed.

Thank you,
GameTap Associate

So it would appear you will not be able to use it from overseas :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:20 am 

The good part is I can get an International account. GameTap did get back to me with more or less the same response, but I'll only be loosing a few months of GameTap (which my brother will no doubt use as he loves it), and that's at 50% off.

New question now: If I start Uru Live on GameTap, then switch to an international account before GT goes global, and then switch back, will I be able to retain all my information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:43 am 

Two words: proxy server.

You figure it out.

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:19 am 

Apart from the fact I don't know what a proxy server is... The only proxy I know is the brush for my braces :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:43 am 

Hi lego_addict

In case this might be of help for you,
Wikipedia definition...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]