It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ? next update
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is there a list of things which will be in the next update? If so, what is on that list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 am 
Obduction Backer

I made the above post to ask about what was in the next update and not just to ask about fan content. That is why I made it a separate post. It got moved to the fan content thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:17 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

There are a number of things queued up, but I'm not sure what might actually make it across into MOULa. These are things I recall off the top of my head:
  • Fix for pellet scores being wrongly attributed on the hood imager.
  • Several fixes to various PhysX related incorrect behaviours (I don't recall all the details)
  • A big one for people that play Uru windowed, is that the mouse cursor now behaves like it does with most other applications - It's no longer snared in the Uru window, making it easier to switch between Uru and other applications.
  • Cursors in the game have been given a sharper look.
  • KI images are now saved as regular JPG files (no need for IrfanView, etc., to view saved files).
There's more, but that's what I remember.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 pm 

I think there is the ability to stay sit when clicking on another section of KI chat. Let say you are talking to a specific explorer in PM and you want to change it to another one or even talk in buddy chat, you can click without standing up. You can view pictures also and read KI-mails.

It maybe already there, I dunno...
(I say that because 95% of the time I'm using the skydiving client which has that improvement already since many months)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:54 pm 

That sounds right - "Clickables while sitting" was another one.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

'sweet'...These sound awesome.../me donates!!!!

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Charura wrote:
'sweet'...These sound awesome.../me donates!!!!

You're probably aware of this, but I just want to be sure so that there no ambiguities... Donating money to CAVCON does not contribute to the amount of fixes that get in - only whether or not they get it (since Cyan employees still have to get paid to build the new clients).

I think Mac listed all the big updates lined up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:52 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
I think there is the ability to stay sit when clicking on another section of KI chat. Let say you are talking to a specific explorer in PM and you want to change it to another one or even talk in buddy chat, you can click without standing up.

Mac_Fife wrote:
That sounds right - "Clickables while sitting" was another one.

I remember moaning about that a long long long time ago. Maybe it was my moaning that caused someone to fix it, maybe not, but I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this update and each time I hear that Cyan hasn't got the money to pay Chogon to work on implementing it, I get slightly more annoyed.

(To Cyan / Chogon / whoever) Can we PLEASE have this update already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

This fix was written several months ago - in fact, I think it might even have been over a year ago. It's just been held up all this time, partly because of the RAD problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:26 pm 

Lyrositor is right, a few of the fixes have actually been around for a long time. It was May last year when the last update went in. The plan had been for the next update to happen round about 3-4 months later, but then various reasons kicked in that made it inconvenient and it kept getting pushed back. However that did allow the PhysX updates from Skoader to gain a bit of extra test time and fixups. The last notional proposal was to roll out the update towards the end of December, but that opportunity vanished when something unexpected cropped up.

After such a long hiatus, it's hard getting the machinery back in motion :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a list on the OpenUru.org wiki: Minkata Shard: Contributions under Test. (To which I just added the last two items, so it should be current again, unless I’m missing anything because I’ve been away for too long.)

As to getting the machinery back in motion, I have a bit more free time again now, so I intend to look into setting in motion whatever is dependent on me (if anything – I don’t even remember) this week.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:11 am 

Mac_Fife wrote:
There are a number of things queued up, but I'm not sure what might actually make it across into MOULa. These are things I recall off the top of my head:

Can this be fixed? This is one of the reasons I hesitate to let anyone visit my hood, regardless whether I've invited him/her privately or made my hood public in Nexus.

(For example, someone posted his pellet scores to my hood's imager a few minutes after I asked him not to. /doh)

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

Post subject: Re: ? next update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

As Mac posted, there are a number of things in the queue but the updates are pretty much in the hands of the fans, especially since the client builds are now being done by the fans.

The delay in getting the update released is multi folded. One is my time (and not whether there is enough donations to pay Chogon). Right now, all the developers at Cyan are working on Obduction except for me, which I am working on everything else. So, I am in what rarified calls “Chogon time:-) :-)
The other thing is there is a debate about which client source to use for future updates. This is mostly a fan developer decision but I think they are waiting for Cyan input, which I need to do and… well… please refer to “Chogon time
And then there is what Mac was referring to as “something unexpected cropped up”

The donations are mostly used to keep the servers running and Cyan support and other maintenance things. If I can ever slip out of “Chogon time”, I have been planning for an upgrade to the servers to the latest architecture. As one of the Amazon engineers said in a conversation with us “Wow! That server instance has been alive longer than I have been at Amazon! And I’m no newbie.” Me: “Ye-e-e-s-s-s-s-s” This upgrade should make maintenance easier but the big win is lower server cost and less likely to fail. But it will take some donation money and time to get there. BTW, the database is already on new architecture ever since the crash of 2014 (whew)

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh, I totally forgot to respond to Susa'n’s question. Thanks for the bump, Chogon! :)

Susa'n wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:

Can this be fixed? This is one of the reasons I hesitate to let anyone visit my hood, regardless whether I've invited him/her privately or made my hood public in Nexus.

(For example, someone posted his pellet scores to my hood's imager a few minutes after I asked him not to. /doh)

This is not what that update fixed (which is on MOULa already – note that Mac’s post you are quoting is three years old). The update fixed the situation that when you came to a neighborhood that was already populated by some other person and had no pellet points on its imager yet, and you posted your pellet points, they would appear on the imager under the name of the other person instead of yours.

If I’m understanding correctly, what you are asking for is that only hood members should be allowed to post pellet points. But I don’t think that should be implemented before a broader discussion has been had among the community and a consensus has been reached that this behavior is desirable, because as far as I am aware, the current behavior where everyone is allowed to post their pellet points everywhere is by design.

Chogon wrote:
The other thing is there is a debate about which client source to use for future updates. This is mostly a fan developer decision but I think they are waiting for Cyan input, which I need to do and… well… please refer to “Chogon time”

Small clarification – that discussion is not for the next update, but for after the next update. The next update is currently being tested on the Minkata shard. We were not specifically waiting for Cyan input – there is plenty for us to work on in resolving the open questions – but it is of course appreciated – thanks for your post, Chogon.

From my point of view, what is holding up the next update is some database problems on Minkata that we would like to get out of the way to make sure that some issues testers have found are caused by them and not by the client being tested. But rarified would have to expand on that, I’m not sure what his progress is.

Post subject: Re: Re: ? next update
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
From my point of view, what is holding up the next update is some database problems on Minkata that we would like to get out of the way to make sure that some issues testers have found are caused by them and not by the client being tested. But rarified would have to expand on that, I’m not sure what his progress is.

Precisely. And a series of RL events over the last few weeks has kept me from spending any time on it.

I'm hoping for smoother sailing in the near future, some of which will depend on how my lower back cooperates :shock:

So unfortunately I could be called the plug in the pipe for the moment. Please don't use drane-O 8)

_R