It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:36 pm 

Chogon and Christian, thank you both for responding to my post. I'm sorry that my decision to resurrect a 3-year-old thread confused you a bit. :P My post was directed towards the fan developers, not to Cyan, who I know is preoccupied with Obduction.

Christian Walther wrote:
Oh, I totally forgot to respond to Susa'n’s question. Thanks for the bump, Chogon! :)

Susa'n wrote:
Mac_Fife wrote:
There are a number of things queued up, but I'm not sure what might actually make it across into MOULa. These are things I recall off the top of my head:
  • Fix for pellet scores being wrongly attributed on the hood imager.

Can this be fixed? This is one of the reasons I hesitate to let anyone visit my hood, regardless whether I've invited him/her privately or made my hood public in Nexus.

(For example, someone posted his pellet scores to my hood's imager a few minutes after I asked him not to. /doh)

This is not what that update fixed (which is on MOULa already – note that Mac’s post you are quoting is three years old). The update fixed the situation that when you came to a neighborhood that was already populated by some other person and had no pellet points on its imager yet, and you posted your pellet points, they would appear on the imager under the name of the other person instead of yours.

If I’m understanding correctly, what you are asking for is that only hood members should be allowed to post pellet points. But I don’t think that should be implemented before a broader discussion has been had among the community and a consensus has been reached that this behavior is desirable, because as far as I am aware, the current behavior where everyone is allowed to post their pellet points everywhere is by design.
Yes, Christian; IMHO, only hood members should be allowed to post pellet points to the D'ni right imager in their hood; the game's programming should not allow gifts from non-neighbors.

Although the gifting of pellet scores irks me as an intrusion on my territory (just as someone eating off my plate irks me :P), I would be interested in knowing Cyan's intention for each hood and I'd also like to hear the community's opinions. On the one hand, the subject line, "Neighborhood Pellet Score" seems to imply that only neighbors should post their scores, but on the other hand, it would not seem logical for the subject line "Neighborhood Heek Scores" to be confined only to neighbors due to multi-hood tournaments. (Whether the heek scores bug can be fixed is another topic.)

Christian, would you like to pursue this topic, perhaps by poll and/or during the March 5 AGM?

Susa'n KI#1040105 (member Shorah gah bigtotee's Hood)

Last edited by Susa'n on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:10 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Susa'n wrote:
My post was directed towards the fan developers...
You will get our attention here, but other places that also work, perhaps more directly, is on the OpenUru.org or Guild of Writers forums. You might be interested in visiting the following two sections or helping with testing on our Minkata Test Shard:

http://forums.openuru.org/viewforum.php?f=92 (MOULa Client Discussions)
http://forums.openuru.org/viewforum.php?f=108 (Minkata Test Shard Discussions)

Susa'n wrote:
IMHO, only hood members should be allowed to post pellet points to the D'ni right imager in their hood; the game's programming should not allow gifts from non-neighbors.
This would make me very sad, so I am opposed to altering the intended design. Such things as the hugely successful Pellet Challenges, which brought together a great many community members in good and cooperative sportsmanship for the benefit of the Lake Project, would not have been possible. Read about them in this thread that Tai'lahr collated with "Lake Lighting Project Historical Data Links." See the part about "FUN WITH PELLETS - Unusual Uses of Pellets & Points Just for the Heek of it."
viewtopic.php?p=347744#347744

Post subject: Re: ? next update
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:20 am 

I appreciate and respect your input, JWPlatt. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Susa'n wrote:
IMHO, only hood members should be allowed to post pellet points to the D'ni right imager in their hood; the game's programming should not allow gifts from non-neighbors.
I'm afraid you won't get much support from the community for that idea. You can see from the link that JWPlatt provided that the option to deposit pellet points in any hood was used for many different reasons and it seems pretty clear to me that was always Cyan's intention.

If you don't want ahrotahntee to share their pellet points with your hood, then lock the hood.

Post subject: Re: ? next update
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:33 am 

Thanks, Tai'lahr. I do keep my hood private most of the time, but make it public from time-to-time for short periods of time; e.g., last Sunday, Soosahn threw a Relto Fissure Party, to which everyone was invited. (It was a fun event with 28 attendees!)

Perhaps it was Cyan's intention to restrict the left D'ni imager to neighbors but make the right D'ni imager accessible to anyone. I'm curious about this.

And FWIW, I don't consider non-neighbors to be "ahrotahntee," which appears to be a derogatory term for outsiders.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Susa'n wrote:
Christian, would you like to pursue this topic, perhaps by poll and/or during the March 5 AGM?

Frankly (and with no disrespect), no. :) If the topic is dear to you, why don’t you do that? If needed I can look into whether it’s technically feasible, but I imagine it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:20 pm 

Christian Walther wrote:
Susa'n wrote:

Frankly (and with no disrespect), no. :) If the topic is dear to you, why don’t you do that? If needed I can look into whether it’s technically feasible, but I imagine it should be.
No problem, Christian. I deferred to you (and/or other fan developers) to choose whether to initiate this discussion out of respect for your generosity in making modifications to the game. /bow

Since you speculate it's technically feasible, I've initiated this discussion by offering a poll (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28247). I'll see you next week at the AGM. :mrgreen: