It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 pm 

Ok nice I found back the thread that was going smoothly :D .

I just want to say something that might encourage & put back smiles and tear down wars a little...

The skydiving is an activity in constant evolution (despite TOOO's wish :lol: :wink: ).

I cannot disclose at this very moment, on June 7th, what I'm hinting you. Rest assure that the skydiving is in constant evolution and, if a lot left the house, I'm still there & I'm still working on improving it.

The skydiving techniques of late 2010 are still in use, that's the base. We could say the same from the usage of walk-jumps & run-jumps which techniques were intended by Cyan!

There's a lot of falsities going around & I don't blame anyone, it's misinformation, cavern legend if you wish :lol: .

One of the biggest is: "Skydiving is stuck in the past" :lol: ...
I'm not doing skydiving in 2013 like I was doing it in 2012. In 2012, I wasn't doing it like I was doing it in 2011. And I wouldn't be able to play like I did in 2010. If there's one thing that keeps evolving that's the one. :D

I'm bringing the skydiving techniques to a new level, I cannot disclose it for now.

All I can say for now is count on me...the skydiving isn't dead, it will work perfectly in the future & people will still love it even using the normal client in some extend. The techniques have evolved already. I'm bringing them slowly to a new stage. Leaving some technique behind, focusing on more efficient ones.

I've said more than enough. The future, in my mind, is bright whether or not you adopt the skydivers' build. It will always be preferable to use that specific build for some techniques, using the new one should be fine with what's coming.

I won't discuss more about this matter for now. The monster is still demanding a lot of attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lyrositor wrote:
That's not the Skydiving client. That client is closer to 1.912; the Skydiving client is closer to 1.906. You couldn't see the difference because essentially, where physics were concerned, there weren't any. :)

Ah, I must have made a mistake when I downloaded it and thought it was the skydiving client. I hadn't installed it at that time, hoping to make a study of Annabelles "Hard skydiving stuff" first. In that case I must have missed the window of opportunity for those clients. Never mind, I will have to wait until a new one comes out :) Thanks, Lyrositor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

so, how do we reach skydivers client ? what shall we do ? I do not play or depend on comboing or skydiving but I fancy to do it from time to time. and also it seems bots and magic worlds don't work on the new 'normal' client... and the moving of my avatar seem to be quite mean person/people... graphic display poorer... oh my... what have you done with our beloved game ? so how to reach the skydiving one ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Bots are back at the time of posting. Skydiving client will depend on developers getting it done. We will see it when we see it - I know this is unhelpful but I'm not one of the developers.

I was one of the first few into the cavern after the update, and it looked fine to me and the group of us that went exploring for the changes.

As a barely-begun skydiver I don't know what is possible and what not with the new client. Stalagmite climbing and map sitting seem to be ok. The DRC tent route has changed and although Annabelle described it to us I don't understand exactly how to do it now - it will need some more practice I think.

Make sure your graphics options are set correctly when you log in. They might default to lowest values.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

The client is not available currently. When it is made available, a post will be written in Spoiler-free Discussion detailing the procedures necessary to set it up.

The bots are not on the server currently because their clients have to be updated to match the new build ID (918); I imagine this will happen within the following days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Annabelle wrote:
The skydiving is an activity in constant evolution (despite TOOO's wish :lol: :wink: ).

You misunderstand. I have nothing against the actual activity (perhaps it could be made possible in one of the Magic Realms of MOULa - at least until you get the client you desire), I just wish you'd call it something else. GlitchRiding?

This is what Skydiving means to me.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Great TOOO!!! This is hilarious!!! Our Peni and Jimbo et al ... :lol:

Yeah, those were the old days and that's what I also remember as being 'Skydiving' in Uru ... I believe I still have this video somewhere and there were many more, on Swifthawk's website, 'Beyond Uru - Uru Tunes' e.g., and the Skydivers even had an own website hosted by Jimbo or Watashi ... :P

Peni and Watashi once took me with them on a skydiving tour, and wow, we really had so much fun ... That kind of skydive is quite different and really more like searching for glitches of course lol, then also a few jumps, but then more flying all together just without the parachute, maybe a virtual/imaginary one lol, and we've been taking pictures of that and they could all be found on those websites ... :D

Yeah, everything changes and that is ok too ... nowadays this is all being more elaborated on and more refined and specialized, but like this also more challenging and complicated, and so, not for everyone lol ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm 

TOOO wrote:
Annabelle wrote:

You misunderstand. I have nothing against the actual activity (perhaps it could be made possible in one of the Magic Realms of MOULa - at least until you get the client you desire), I just wish you'd call it something else. GlitchRiding?

Nope sorry...

the name evolved...

By the time I came in the hood, there were 5 active skydivers: sut, Ken, Straker, Sanctuary, & edm. Apart edm who doesn't mix really with others, the sole activity of the other skydivers were climbing & zipping...and none wore the backpack.

The Cavern was in fast conversion at that time. I remember well. I saw you guys all with your backpacks on, let's say March 25th, 2010. When I became a member of the hood on April 1st, 2010, the hood was already a ghost town. All the old skydivers apart from ken, sut, & edm left the house suddenly to SL.

So...let's recap here:
I had in my KI 1 quest made by Watashi in the hood that was aimed at collision climbing,
I had in my KI 2 quests made by Watashi in the city that were aimed at collision climbing,
Watashi himself introduced me to tent climbing,
Ken gave me 2 or 3 quests of his own aimed at collision climbing,
Straker showed me how to zip line launch.
The first time I encounter sut and bond with him was on the kahlo's pub roof in company of Caroline who was a new skydiver like me.
The prime activity of skydivers during the first week of April was to follow Watashi's bridge quest, Watashi's behind the wall quest, & newly made Straker's Concert Hall to Dock quest.
None of the skydivers present during my welcoming month wore a backpack
None of the skydivers present during my welcoming month expected to Relto out, if they were panicking out it was because of a misstep. Reltoing out was already passé.

You know what?

For me the video you made me watch is really great but it's like you were trying to sell me that the Ford T WAS a car not the pale copies we have all these days :shock: :?

Skydiving is what it became. The term shifted meaning because it had to shift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am 

I don't want to read this forum anymore *sigh*.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2