It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:46 am 

Yeah.. just starting a quick thread about the 'missing' avatar wardrobe items. During the recent interview, this question was asked:

Quote:
Will any of the other "goodies" from MOUL - such as Sharper's hat or The Great Tree jacket - ever be made available?

Rand's response:
Quote:
"...We [RAWA and himself] thought that everything was enabled in MOULa, but we may have missed some things. So, That's one you'll actually have to help us with. We may have missed a couple-- we thought we had enabled all the clothing and goodies, If we've missed something, let us know. "

This implies there's no 'story-based' reason to be excluding these, they've just been left out...

So I thought--- since I am purely DYING to one day wear the Atrus shirt, I thought I'd put up a quick thread to let know the powers that be, any of the items of clothing which are not currently available in MOULa. These are the only ones I know of:

1. Great Tree Jacket
2. Sharper's Hat
3. Atrus shirt
4. Maintainer's suit
5. Varsity jacket
6. Backpack 2
7. Jersey
8. Deck Shoes

09/11/13 edit-- updated the list above to include all items mentioned in the thread.

Last edited by HarveyMidnight on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 am 
Obduction Backer

There was a first month shirt available during the first month of Gametap's MOUL. I can't remember if it was the first month as a paid game or first month of beta, or what. I believe it was a fan design. It disappeared early on, and I really liked it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:06 am 

*IS* the Great Tree Jacket still in MOUL's files though? I don't seem to recall hearing anyone bring it up in any conversion logs or SDL Variables. I'd think it should still be there though. 0_o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 am 

Calumon wrote:
*IS* the Great Tree Jacket still in MOUL's files though? I don't seem to recall hearing anyone bring it up in any conversion logs or SDL Variables. I'd think it should still be there though. 0_o

The bots can't give you it I believe. But they can't give the Sharper hat either AFAIK...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:35 am 

SDL values exist for the first week shirt, pub jacket, and Sharper's hat.

I can't remember Atrus' shirt being in MOUL but I could be wrong.

The First Week shirt can be made to show by turning on the SDL value but it seems the code to pick it up was removed. The first known discovery of this shirt that I know was on 21 Dec 2006 and it disappeared 1 Feb 2007.

The spot in the spy room where Sharper's hat was sitting is no longer is part of the map. Turning on the SDL value does not make it appear. The spyroom was changed to a smaller area in MOUL.

I can't comment on the Pub Jacket as I haven't made it to that part of Ahnonay yet.

The maintainer suit was never designed to be worn outside of the wall climb in Garrison... there is no SDL value for it that I could find. This was only available in PoTS AFAIK. It can only be turned on temporarily under special circumstances.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Atrus' shirt (actually, there was a whole outfit) was only available in POTS, to my recollection.

The Great Tree jacket was in the Watcher's Pub. AFAIK, it goes all the way back to Prologue.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am 

dgelessus wrote:
Calumon wrote:

The bots can't give you it I believe. But they can't give the Sharper hat either AFAIK...

No; I've used Magicbot to wear the Sharper's hat...

johnsojc wrote:
I can't remember Atrus' shirt being in MOUL but I could be wrong...

...The maintainer suit was never designed to be worn outside of the wall climb in Garrison... there is no SDL value for it that I could find.

Well, if it means anything.. I've gotten the Atrus shirt from Magicbot as well... When I have done that, I usually wear the maintainer gloves with it... I've had no trouble keeping them on, at least in my Relto....

While we're on the subject... how hard would it be for Cyan & co to 'cannibalize' the non-player avatars and give us items like Laxman's pea-coat, Kodama's sportjacket, Cate's jacket, etc??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:46 am 

HarveyMidnight wrote:
While we're on the subject... how hard would it be for Cyan & co to 'cannibalize' the non-player avatars and give us items like Laxman's pea-coat, Kodama's sportjacket, Cate's jacket, etc??

If we're going by that logic, then include the ResEng helmet ... oh? some things should not be available?
(to those who need an explanation, this is sarcasm and the point is, if you start including some things unique to certain characters, then where do you draw the line? Some things should remain not available.)

I recently found out about Atrus' jacket and it wasn't from the Magic bots as I don't use them. I saw it somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Last edited by Alien on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
The First Month Shirt was on during beta, but it couldn't be picked up from the table on the landing so it was simply turned off again.

HarveyMidnight wrote:
Now you're talking about sacred ground. To take these special items and give them to everyone would be closing the door on any possibility of ever seeing any of these characters in the cavern again. I prefer to remain optimistic and keep the door open.

As for the ResEng helmet, ask Dogherra how he'd feel if everyone had one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is in the technical discussion part, so here is some technical discussion :)

I'm not sure whether the avatar specific things(Laxman's clothing etc.) can be enabled. These avatars are unique models afaik so the clothing is probably included with their models and not separate.

The avatars can be used in game with Hax just like the bahro and the maintainer suit (I think I wore it on one of the cavcon parties but not sure). Afaik there is no side effect to wearing the maintainer suit outside the designated area except for drama.

When using an internal client it's easily possible to enable more clothing. Also the ones that are hidden are printed to the python logs. These are the ones currently being hidden (mind you I did this on avatar who has the yellow gome tshirt)

Quote:
FReward_Atrus
FReward_GreatTree
FTorso_GuildWhite
FTorso_GuildRed
FTorso_GuildGreen
FTorso_GuildBlue
FReward_Mystralium06
FReward_Mysterium06
FReward_Greeter
FReward_03Contributor
FReward_Launch
FTorso_SamMax
FTorso_CNN
FTorso_TCM
FTorso_GameTap

Enabling this clothing doesn't harm the game at all and is rather innocent when used simply for fun.

I'm not sure anymore whether the internal client also enables the reseng helmet or not, but I think that wearing it and impersonating a Reseng wouldn't be too hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

A Sam and Max Shirt!?!
I would dig into the code to get THAT in a New York minute but it's dark and scary in there and I might get grease on my hat.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:04 pm 

There should be some clothing not available or restricted availablity for certain reasons, for example, the Greeters shirt only for Guild Of Greeters and the ResEng helmet only for ResEngs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
I agree with Alien. The only items that should be available to players should be the items available during Prologue and the GameTap years. (Although I admit I'd love to have Yeesha's roadrunner shirt, but... nah, that should stay off-limits, too.)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:33 pm 

lunanne wrote:

Quote:
FReward_Atrus
FReward_GreatTree
FTorso_GuildWhite
FTorso_GuildRed
FTorso_GuildGreen
FTorso_GuildBlue
FReward_Mystralium06
FReward_Mysterium06
FReward_Greeter
FReward_03Contributor
FReward_Launch
FTorso_SamMax
FTorso_CNN
FTorso_TCM
FTorso_GameTap

Okay, so the Great Tree jacket still is in MOUL. I guess I was mistaken on that then.

I'd say, we can get by getting the clothing items I didn't strike out in, for legal reasons.

The bottom four shirts were Game Tap exclusive things, and if I recall, these textures needed to be removed from the source code before it was OS'd. Same with the Greeter shirt, I think there was a legal reason its textures couldn't be put out, so we should probably not have that available to all.

I don't know what the Contributor item is, but I'm guessing Launch is the 1st Months T.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:51 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

ventris wrote:
A Sam and Max Shirt!?!

TOOO wrote:
...The only items that should be available to players should be the items available during Prologue and the GameTap years.

During the avatar asset texture release process, we had to cull all materials that were not within Cyan Worlds' rights to distribute. All Turner and GameTap properties, such as TCM and Sam & Max, fell under that knife.

Here's what we could not distribute from MOUL and other sources:

Adult Swim
AOL
Cartoon Network
CNN
GameTap
NASCAR
Sam & Max
TBS
TCM
TNT
Ubisoft