It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:54 pm 

Shorah to all!

Is anyone else suffering from multiple instances of getting disconnected from the server whilst actually in the game? My computer is hardwired into my fibre optic broadband modem, and it works fine with everything else on the computer. I keep getting 'error 6'. Does anyone else suffer this or know what error 6 means?
Help, please! :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Sadly it happens to many of us occasionally. Net5 or Net6 error messages means you were disconnected fro the Game Server (like you couldn't have figured that out). I believe Net5 means the interruption was on your end and Net6 means the game server itself dropped you.
These interruptions get more prevalent when the game server needs a reboot and one is scheduled for this week. So hold on and things should improve soon. If not post again and we can suggest other things that may help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 pm 

HenryMikel wrote:
Sadly it happens to many of us occasionally. Net5 or Net6 error messages means you were disconnected fro the Game Server (like you couldn't have figured that out). I believe Net5 means the interruption was on your end and Net6 means the game server itself dropped you.
These interruptions get more prevalent when the game server needs a reboot and one is scheduled for this week. So hold on and things should improve soon. If not post again and we can suggest other things that may help.

Thanks for the reply, HenryMike. Okay, so long as I know what's going on, I guess I can hang on until the reboot. (Not much choice, I guess... :))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

If it's a new phenomenon for you then there's a good chance that the restart will help. There were though, one or two unfortunate souls early on in MOULa who had the Net 6 problem permanently and so bad that they had to give up (Bodger springs to mind).

I'm simply cautioning that not everything is cured by a server restart, and it's worth making a reply here to let us know if things do or do not improve afterwards.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Obviously the re-start didn't occur today..maybe tomorrow?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Do we know for a fact that a server re-set is actually coming anytime soon?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:03 pm 

There was no set date/time for it - it needed to be worked out when Chogon, Tor'i, Dog, et al could get their schedules to line up, which is probably tricky these days. I did ask if it would be before Easter and was assured it would be, but I also suspect that since then the Obduction backer surveys started to go out and have maybe taken more time than anticipated.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

The situation is getting really bad. Two days I ago got net 6 three times and I hardly ever have gotten it before.

Also I have been on several door runs with new people and in every case they get hung in the bahro cave at least on the first attempt. Quite disheartening for them. Some don't try again. Worst in GOG but happening in other hood Eders also.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:50 pm 

Well, now that a restart has happened, let's see if it resolves some of those issues.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
Well, now that a restart has happened, let's see if it resolves some of those issues.

Um, no, sorry, hasn't solved anything for me. It's now nearly 12:14am on the 17th April '14 and I have just been playing the game for approximately 5 minutes and I got kicked off again. Network 6 error. I can try reloading the game I guess, though I don't know how much help that will be; it didn't really help last time. I had a few nights worth of playing for about three-quarters of an hour to an hour, but then it just started to get worse again.
I generally am playing anywhere between 9:30pm, to 2:30am in the morning. I'm in the UK so I'm not sure what my ki time is. I'm generally not in the game long enough to remember to make a note of it, to be honest. I don't know if the time you play makes any difference.
:(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:01 pm 

Depends on which ISP you use to some extent and what sort of speeds you can get: Certainly the earlier part of times you quote will be within the ISPs "peak period" which could affect throughput at your end. It also drifts into the US early evening rush - I'm sure I've seen others comment that they have more issues once the US gets busy.

KI time is US Mountain Time which is (for most of the year) 7 hours behind UK time, so 9:30 PM BST is 2:30 PM MDT / KI time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]