It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:11 am 

You need to try and rollback the changes. Some package manager have tools to help you out with this. You should be able to see a history of the commands used and run them in reverse(install instead of uninstall and vis-visa)

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am 

Jamie Marchant wrote:
You need to try and rollback the changes. Some package manager have tools to help you out with this. You should be able to see a history of the commands used and run them in reverse(install instead of uninstall and vis-visa)

Not sure whether that's going to be so easy, look here:

https://pastebin.com/h2ZSyqKH

As you can see, the original install and remove of the oibaf drivers isn't even here, as it happened via ppa. No clue how flgx-core got on my system, it shouldn't be, but removed that LONG after issues started. Pastebin contains everything in the log today.

Going to bed for now. thanks for your continued help.

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:22 am 

At this point, you have a Linux problem. I would take your problem here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:34 am 
Obduction Backer

I tried once to fiddle with the graphic drivers (at a time when I had an actual Linux partition), and concluded that I’m perfectly fine with the default settings (i.e. it was a mess :lol: ). At this point I would reinstall the OS, keeping the already existing data, but that’s just because I’m using an expendable VM.

Have you tried completely uninstalling wine and PlayOnLinux, then reinstalling WineHQ before POL? Usually the standard wine packet is outdated.

As you already downloaded MO:ULa, you don’t need the installer, you can just move the Uru Live folder into the prefix and add a shortcut to UruLauncher.exe. Maybe remove TOS.txt to force a check of the game files.

For the MO:ULa prefix, I currently like the 32-bit Wine 3.0, installing the vcrun6 and physx packets before launching the game.
Alternatively, you could just skip POL and try running MO:ULa with Wine by itself.

By the way, I’ve just made some changes to the PlayOnUru scripts, they should work better now.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:50 pm 

Thanks so much for all your suggestions Jamie & Korovev!

So, I have let this be for a bit, as I needed some distance from it. I then completely purged play on linux, wine and my graphics drivers, and just started over. Reinstalled my drivers, then installed wine separately, which as before will not run MOULa without glitching. I then reinstalled playonlinux, and set up MOULa under that. POL no longer gives terminal errors related to either openGL or the keyboard. However, the keyboard issue itself has changed, which is very odd. When I start the game normally under POL (so no cmd prompt) I can press enter, but I cannot type when chat has opened for me. When I open via cmd prompt, it appears the same problem is there, but when I paste something into chat (cntl-v) it works without issue after that. I am still completely baffled by this, but at least game works again :).

I call that a win. I have not tried a longer playsession yet to see if this also solved the intermittend crashes I had, as I have not had time. Will try to get to that over the weekend and will report back :).

"All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Hoping for some help here... I used the Wineskin method to install the game and everything worked great... until I tried to set the resolution to my 5k iMac's native screen size. The game crashed and now when I try to launch I get a solid blue screen. I tried reinstalling but apparently whatever file saves the resolution settings is still there and is causing all installations to have the same problem. I guess all I need to do is trash the prefs to reset the resolution, but I can't find that file. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Code:
.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/users/Wineskin/Local Settings/Application Data/Uru Live/Init/graphics.ini

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 6:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

For MOULa, the Uru Live folder is in your Documents folder.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you! I'm in—with a bit more conservative resolution settings. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:10 am 
Obduction Backer

A little State of the Emulation post, also to reassure people I’m still around ;)

Keep in mind that while most of the various methods still work for me, with your specific configuration they might not; Wine emulation is a dicey thing.

1. WineHQ by itelf is still a valid option; it’s up to you whether to use the default prefix (which will save some space if you plan to install multiple shards) or make one per shard (safer to mess around).
  2. Cider still works, but will only last as long as Apple will support 32 bit applications. If you keep your machine updated to the latest MacOS and are using Cider, you should start considering other options.
  3. Wineskin still works, but it doesn’t support Wine 3.x and it’s barely maintained. Under High Sierra, remember to uncheck the Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D option under Screen Options.
  4. MacPorts has both a Wine- and a Cider-based packet, so the previous points apply. If the installation doesn’t work, you should submit a ticket (you’ll need a GitHub account).
  5. PlayOnMac/PlayOnLinux is becoming my favorite method, replacing Wineskin. I have a few scripts that should automate the installation process, they need beta testers ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:21 am 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
Cider still works, but will only last as long as Apple will support 32 bit applications. If you keep your machine updated to the latest MacOS and are using Cider, you should start considering other options.

On my machine, Cider does not work properly in full screen. The mouse will not reach the Relto book icon, or indeed, any of the icons that appear when your mouse moves to the. It Tom of the screen. Works ok in Windowed Mode.

korovev wrote:
Wineskin still works, but it doesn’t support Wine 3.x and it’s barely maintained. Under High Sierra, remember to uncheck the Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D option under Screen Options.

For me, this is the best option. No frame dropping and the game plays smooth. Yes, when Apple eventually STOP 32bit apps from working then this will no longer be an option, but I think this could be a while yet.

korovev wrote:
PlayOnMac/PlayOnLinux is becoming my favorite method, replacing Wineskin. I have a few scripts that should automate the installation process, they need beta testers ;)[/list]

I have this working but I find that the frame rate/lag is much, much worse than Wineskin. Very irritating, especially in my Relto.

PlayOnMac seems to "like" CC-based shards better than MOULa-based ones, at least on my machine.

One of the main problems with running Uru on a Mac is that there are so many different configurations of hardware and OSX that it really is a case of trying out ALL the possible ways to get the game to run and choose the one that works best on your machine. There is no "one size fits all" way to run Uru on a Mac.

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

boblishman wrote:
On my machine, Cider does not work properly in full screen. The mouse will not reach the Relto book icon, or indeed, any of the icons that appear when your mouse moves to the. It Tom of the screen. Works ok in Windowed Mode.

Oh yes, I tend to forget about that bug (I prefer windowed mode). I made it work by switching to windowed mode (⌘↵), setting the resolution to match the screen (not larger, or you’ll have to delete graphics.ini), then switching to fullscreen again.

boblishman wrote:
Yes, when Apple eventually STOP 32bit apps from working then this will no longer be an option, but I think this could be a while yet.

Wineskin is 64 bits. It’s just a pity it doesn’t support the latest Wine, which seems to fix the noise issue with Uru CC without resorting to the very old 1.5.0 version.

boblishman wrote:
I have this working but I find that the frame rate/lag is much, much worse than Wineskin. Very irritating, especially in my Relto.

In my case, that’s true for any Wine version >1.5.x.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 pm 

If anyone is interested: since my previous posts I have reinstalled my laptop with Xubuntu 18.04 rather than 16.04, and everything works perfectly, although I still need the workaround with the .bat script and start URU via the cmd within the virtual desktop. No issues with sound, no need to change sound libraries, all works out of the box.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

so, today I installed MacOS Mojave.

It has broken all my Wineskin Wrappers on all shards and CC offline. Nothing made with Wineskin will run.

However, PlayOnMac versions of MOULa (and other shards) work ok. They are very slow to launch ... but once you are in cavern they play ok.

Weirdest thing ever ... the old Cider wrapper (from Ainia) now works perfectly in fullscreen. Switching between windowed mode and FS however ... it works ok, just takes a time ... take it slowly and you'll be ok. Just wait when going back to full screen. It means you can use the new Mojave ScreenCapture app to do your screenshots with ease.

There are now no Mouse issues. It also runs smoother than PlayOnMac.

My advice to anyone switching to Mojave ... Use Ainia's Cider wrapper and ditch the rest.

and ...

uʍop ǝpısdn ʇsod uɐɔ l 'sǝʎ

Ki # : 02037973

Last edited by boblishman on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:15 pm 

boblishman wrote:
so, today I installed MacOS Mojave.

It has broken all my Wineskin Wrappers on all shards and CC offline. Nothing made with Wineskin will run.

Strange, I just upgraded too (https://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29081) and all my Wine wrappers still work Ok, including MOULa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next