It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 5:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:49 pm 

Putting the microphone leval at 0% happends on real Windows(7/Vistia) too. It has no effect on those OS's... hmm

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oscar52 wrote:
Shorah. :D

Just a question:
I'm playing on Linux Though Play On Linux using a Wine 1.5.30 prefix... And it goes almost perfect. with graphics at the top high, at fullscreen 1920x1080 and Sound... except the Voicechat. Every time i refresh the config window, it put me the microphone level at 0%.

Anyone solved this? :<

Nope. It was a known problem with the Mac Cider wrapper in the GameTap days and using a Wineskin wrapper only makes it worse (in my very limited recent experience). My one Wineskin test online with friends had them covering their ears and begging for mercy, saying my use of the tab key caused a shrieking sound on their end.

Since I don't have much need for voicechat, I've never tried to pursue this any further, but it seems that better minds than mine have tried and failed to solve this in the past. :(

If you decide you want to pursue this, I'd be happy to join you online for tests (since it obviously requires at least two people to verify if voicechat actually works). But since I prefer my Cider wrapper, I probably won't spend much of my time trying to figure out a Wineskin solution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

My first run through this thread...

My Intel "Hackintosh" is now running Yosemite. When I was on Mavericks, I was using Crossover, an app offered by Codeweavers, based on WINE, to play both URU: Complete Chronicles and MOUL. I had loud noise problems on both URU:CC and MOUL, although worse on URU:CC.

At that time Crossover was version 13.2.0, based on an earlier WINE version. Since then (still on Mavericks), Crossover was updated to its version 14.0.0, which is still current. The new version of Crossover is based on the latest WINE, version 1.7.25.

Running under this latest version of Crossover completely fixes all sound problems on URU:CC and it runs fine. But now I have the same problem as "OHB" (on this thread): the loading process of MOUL crashes during the first "Updating" process bar at "1 second remaining." There is an "Access Violation" and a stack error. This error has persisted through both Mavericks and Yosemite versions of Mac OS X.

Andrew Balfour of Codeweavers has stated that he believes the MOUL problem is caused by a "WINE regression," meaning that one or more of the ~5000 patches between the previous version of WINE and the current version is the culprit.

Codeweavers will not help with this problem since MOUL (also URU:CC) is not a "supported application" and is only supported by their community. Mr. Balfour suggested attacking this problem by using a "git bisect" which is a procedure completely over my head.

I am wondering if anyone here has any idea of how to troubleshoot this problem, which I presume will occur for anyone who is using the latest version of WINE (or Crossover) on the Mac OS.

Thanks for reading!

---- Bill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Are there any reasons why you (and OHB) can’t use Wineskin or Cider?

PS: currently, the latest Wineskin engines are WS9Wine1.5.29 and WS9WineCX14.0.0.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
Are there any reasons why you (and OHB) can’t use Wineskin or Cider?

PS: currently, the latest Wineskin engines are WS9Wine1.5.29 and WS9WineCX14.0.0.

Well, as I wrote, apparently the latest version of WINE (as used by Crossover) is what is causing the problem! So how would learning to use Wineskin or Cider help run MOUL? (Crossover does work perfectly on URU:CC.)

P.S. Does "WS9WineCX14.0.0" refer to the version of WINE used in Crossover v 14.0.0? It looks like it. If so, according to Mr. Balfour, that would be WINE version 1.7.25.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

wstrohm wrote:
Well, as I wrote, apparently the latest version of WINE (as used by Crossover) is what is causing the problem! So how would learning to use Wineskin or Cider help run MOUL? (Crossover does work perfectly on URU:CC.)

Because Cider and Wineskin do work with MOUL (with some audio issues). Of course,
korovev wrote:
The most recent engines and wrappers don’t work as well with MOULa, so I’ll explain how to get the ones I use ( WS9Wine 1.5.21 + Wineskin 2.5.8 )

wstrohm wrote:
P.S. Does "WS9WineCX14.0.0" refer to the version of WINE used in Crossover v 14.0.0? It looks like it. If so, according to Mr. Balfour, that would be WINE version 1.7.25.)

Indeed, Wineskin can also use Crossover engines. Wine itself is currently at 1.7.29.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm wondering what the best method is to install Uru to work on Yosemite. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

As far as I know, Cider or Wineskin (Engines 1.5.21 or 1.7.18) are still the best starting points.

By the way, I’ve just updated the Wineskin wrappers in my archive, made with Wrapper version 2.6.0 and Engine versions 1.5.0, 1.5.21, 1.7.18, 1.7.25, 1.7.29. Currently known compatibilities are listed here, with the caveat that in my case v1.5.0 and anything from v1.7.25 and later don’t work.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

wstrohm wrote:
Running under this latest version of Crossover completely fixes all sound problems on URU:CC and it runs fine. But now I have the same problem as "OHB" (on this thread): the loading process of MOUL crashes during the first "Updating" process bar at "1 second remaining." There is an "Access Violation" and a stack error. This error has persisted through both Mavericks and Yosemite versions of Mac OS X.

PaulTheTall now uses a CrossTie for his wrapper; have you tried that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
PaulTheTall now uses a CrossTie for his wrapper; have you tried that?

Just downloaded the current "Crosstie" from your link and reinstalled MOUL. Same problem occurs at 1 second from completion of the first "Update" progress bar: Access Violation and Stack Error.
Thank you for the suggestion, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I’ve added my own updated version of the Cider wrapper to my archive.

It appears that, while downloading the data files, the Status Server URL is reset to the wrong address, so you’ll need to change it manually (see the OP). To ease things a bit, I’ve also included a few scripts in the CiderScripts.zip archive; MystOnlineStatusServer.sh opens the Info.plist files you need to edit and displays the new URL (assuming the Myst Online app is in the Applications folder).

wstrohm wrote:
Just downloaded the current "Crosstie" from your link and reinstalled MOUL. Same problem occurs at 1 second from completion of the first "Update" progress bar: Access Violation and Stack Error.

Sorry, all I can suggest is trying deleting the GlobalClothing_District_FemaleFan01.prp and GlobalClothing_District_MaleFan01.prp files from the dat folder (these make Cider crash, maybe it’s a similar issue), or trying a premade Cider or Wineskin wrapper as suggested above.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, I removed those two files, but the loading process still stalls at 1 second before finishing the first "Updating" sequence with the same "Access Violation" and stack error. Unfortunately I have never used WINE or Cider, only Crossover. I have no idea how to approach either method. They sound like a college course which I would probably fail!

I did contact Paul the Tall, who replied
Quote:
No problem can make a wrapper for it. May take a week until I get up to it though…
I have no idea how to use a "wrapper," though. Sounds more like a WINE thing than anything to do with Crossover.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:47 am 
Obduction Backer

I just realized :roll: we can’t distribute the data files, but what about UruLauncher.exe? If yes, I could repack the Wineskin wrappers with just that, and people could just download and launch the wrapper without having to install anything.

wstrohm wrote:
I have no idea how to approach either method. They sound like a college course which I would probably fail!
Get this, drag Myst Online to the Applications folder, launch it. I wish college courses were that easy :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Get this, drag Myst Online to the Applications folder, launch it. I wish college courses were that easy
Thanks once again for your help. I just downloaded that Cider program. After placing its Myst Online app into my Applications folder and double-clicking it, the "URU Live Updater" window comes up. However it is taking a horrendously long time to update; after 10 minutes the progress bar is only about 10% complete.If it works, however, it will be worth it. Is it somehow downloading a duplicate copy of MOUL (i.e. separate from my Crossover version)?

[Edit: OK, the complete download was 1.17 GB. The loading process did get through the initial few "Update" sequences until another error message appeared stating "Exception: Private Instruction" and "Call Stack" with lots of numbers just like with the original problem under Crossover. So I am still locked out of MOUL.]

[Edit 2: Success, finally! I remembered you had mentioned removing the Global Clothing Female Fan 01 and Global Clothing Male Fan 01 ".prp" files, found them and did that, and now MOUL loads properly and I am in the game! Much thanks to you!]

Last edited by wstrohm on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright, this is a known bug Cider users will have to cope with until the next update (hopefully). You should delete the GlobalClothing_District_FemaleFan01.prp and GlobalClothing_District_MaleFan01.prp files from the dat folder before launching Cider, every time, until the next update. To make things easier (they’re buried deep inside the wrapper), I have an Automator applet (MystOnlineLauncher) that delete those files and launch the game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next