It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ahnonay chair problem
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:42 am 

one of my avatars can't complete Ahnonay. At the end of the train ride, when the chair lifts up, the avatar is not synced with the chair, the chair lifts up but the avatar doesn't, so when the chair stops moving the avatar just drops down until she relto's out. Similar bug on the way down, the avatar doesn't go down with the chair, just hovers over the opening in the floor, then appear inside the train when the animation's finished.
I've noticed with some of my other avatars that animation isn't synced properly, but as long as the game still worked it didn't matter.
But I can't complete Ahnonay with this avatar if she can't get out of the chair at the end of the ride :(

Edit: Tried again on a different computer & was able to complete the ride.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

That's a well known and not infrequent bug. Usually, as you've found, trying again later will work.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:42 pm 

I've had that happen in offline URU and I tried again and it worked. When it happend to me my avi was standing where the chair was and diden't fall until I moved him. :lol:

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:45 am 

don't think I explained it very well so took a quick (not very good) video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0-8FMc ... e=youtu.be

had the same problem with a different avatar on the same computer, but worked first time on my old windows 7 computer, so it might be something to do with my windows 8.1 machine. But I know I have completed Ahnonay on the new computer, so don't know why subsequent avatars are having this problem. If it happens again I can use my old machine to get around it, not ideal though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

I had that issue happen every time on a high end Alienware machine that had hardware PhysX built into the NVidia graphics card. No problems with the chair on other machines. My avatar got stuck in the floor every time and dropped just as your video link shows. Try this:

Immediately after the chair starts to rise press your F2 key twice to open the Ki. The avatar starts looking at the Ki and as the chair rises to the room my avatar starts floating ABOVE the chair. When the chair stops I am able to walk off and complete the rest of Ahnonay. No guarantees this will solve the issue on your PC but give it a try. Hope it works for you as I feel your pain on this issue. I tried everything until I stumbled on this workaround. In fact I used this method a few days ago when I re-played Ahnonay after the server crash.

KI # 00009577

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:44 pm 

thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try next time & let you know how it turns out :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:23 pm 

Yep that's deffently what you described, hmm... try turning off hardware PhysX for MOULa. (you don't need it for MOUla)

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

I also had this problem, I was able to get my avi out of the floor by immediately jumping several times (hit the space bar quickly or it won't work).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:52 pm 

Had the same problem with my computer and had to replay the sphere 4 turning routine 3 times. The third time after a re-login, it did work. Too bad that in live we do not have a cloth before the chair ride like in solo game. That was very bad planning that should be fixed. :evil:

My computer:
New HP desktop
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (which I really hate)
Graphic card: AMD Radeon 7450

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Artic_Wagon wrote:
Too bad that in live we do not have a cloth before the chair ride like in solo game.
Yes, I've thought the same thing. Every time I see someone post about this issue.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:11 pm 

CaptainQuery wrote:
Try this:
Immediately after the chair starts to rise press your F2 key twice to open the Ki. The avatar starts looking at the Ki and as the chair rises to the room my avatar starts floating ABOVE the chair. When the chair stops I am able to walk off and complete the rest of Ahnonay. No guarantees this will solve the issue on your PC but give it a try. Hope it works for you as I feel your pain on this issue. I tried everything until I stumbled on this workaround. In fact I used this method a few days ago when I re-played Ahnonay after the server crash.

It happened again with a new avie, same computer, so I tried the open KI thing & that worked perfectly - thanks :)

& yeah - so wish there was a cloth sooner in the 4th sphere!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

rha3l wrote:
CaptainQuery wrote:
Try this:

It happened again with a new avie, same computer, so I tried the open KI thing & that worked perfectly - thanks :)

I just experienced this for the first time, too. It was on my new pc with Win 8.1. I hadn't had the issue on XP or Win7. I tried opening the KI as the chair ascended and it did work :).

Quote:
& yeah - so wish there was a cloth sooner in the 4th sphere!

I agree. The cloth from under the tracks could be moved to the wall by the chair. It would be more useful there than in its current position now.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:22 pm 

ghaelen wrote:
I agree. The cloth from under the tracks could be moved to the wall by the chair. It would be more useful there than in its current position now.

Edited...
Just realised that the cloth that ghaelen was talking about is only good for Er'cana. We need 7 cloths to be able to get the Er'cana portal in the middle cove.

So in regard to Ahnony, the cloth on water Ahnonay could be used. I do not recall using it to save a small walking or running distance.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Had the chair problem myself! I get into the cavern so infrequently it is frustrating. Will try the opening KI thing next time :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:32 am 

LostOwl wrote:
Had the chair problem myself! I get into the cavern so infrequently it is frustrating. Will try the opening KI thing next time :(

Have you tried changing to first view before starting the chair ride ?

It did work for me.