It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:34 pm 

The links provided will take explorers to the Forum thread posts related to Marker Editor and H'uru client and CWE Build information I found, as well as the new conversion link site to help explorers with their QUEST building:

EDIT UPDATE: June 2015
Provided by korovev post
is a link that provides JASON to YAML language conversion or Conversion of Old Quest Games to the New CWE Marker Editor Quest Game Format. http://jsontoyaml.com/ NOTE: I advise to ALWAYS make & keep back up copies of Quest game files (Preferably on a Thumb Drive) or in another folder location from your MOUL games folder where you upload and down load Quest Game to, just in case your initial attempts fail to work.

My 10 year old gaming computer is down right now. I will post detailed step instructions on how to use and convert your MOUL Game Quest files as soon as I have learned and tested out how it works myself.

EDIT UPDATE: With help I figured out how to get my old Marker Editor working!
Changed order of steps to first make sure the H'uru CWE_981 download works!

Lyrositor's Marker Editor POST;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25900&hilit=marker+editor

AdamJohnso CWE 1.981 Client POST With Additional;
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26515 • CWE Clients (Internal, External)

Lyrositor's Marker Editor Python Zip file link. . . for those who might haven’t noticed it in the post
http://lyros.net/files/MarkerEditor_Python.zip

RECAP:

Quote:
Lyrositor Post subject: The Marker Editor Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:16 pm

What is the Marker Editor?

The Marker Editor is a set of Python scripts for the H'uru client which allow you to retrieve your created marker games for your avatar, download it as a YAML-formatted file (YAML is a human-readable data transfer standard), edit it to your heart's content, then re-upload it, either as a new game entirely or as a modified version of the previous one. Games are stored in a "Games" folder in your Uru installation.

How do I use it?

There are three in-game commands:
• /list: generates a "List.txt" of games you currently own and their associated ID. You need this ID to download them.
• /download [id]: download your game in your "Games" folder; specify your game's ID (as found in "List.txt").
• /upload [filename]: uploads a modified game or a new game from the specified file in your "Games" folder.

How do marker files work?

Each marker game is stored as a simple TXT file using YAML syntax.
creator: Avatar
guid: 519af903-7982-4382-95c4-7b68ad48a942
markers:
coords: [22.330049514770508, -31.966373443603516, 6.036036014556885]
text: First marker
coords: [24.330049514770508, -30.966373443603516, 6.036036014556885]
text: Second marker
name: A Marker Game

Let's look at each parameter:

• guid: a unique identifier for your game. If you are editing an existing game, you need to have it included. Omit it if you are creating a new game. Never modify it.
• name: the marker game's name; not required if editing an existing game.
• markers: an array of dictionaries. Each dictionary contains information about a marker: "text" is the name of the marker, "age" the filename of the Age in which it is located, and coords, which is a list of XYZ coordinates for the marker (relative to the center of the Age).
• creator: the name of the marker game's creator. Not used by the Marker Editor; for management purposes.

For now, you have to edit these manually. Eventually, I might write a graphical tool to edit them for you.

Where do I obtain the Marker Editor?
The Marker Editor files can be downloaded as a ZIP file here: http://lyros.net/files/MarkerEditor_Python.zip

If you want to run it, download an H'uru client and install it (you can find a pre-built one here; be sure to follow all the installation and running options) and follow these instructions:
1. Extract the Marker Editor files to a location on your computer.
2. Delete or rename the "Python" file in your H'uru client installation.
3. Copy the Marker Editor's "Python" folder to your H'uru client installation. You should have four folders in this folder now: "dat", "Python", "SDL" and "sfx".
4. Run the H'uru client with the "/SkipPreload" argument. You can now use the Marker Editor's commands in-game!

I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: the Marker Editor is at its first edition. There might still be bugs, potentially dangerous ones. Downloading will never cause problems with your avatar; beware of uploading, however. I recommend you use testing avatars to upload new Marker Games or modified ones... for now.
NOTED: SOME MAY HAVE A LATER VERSION.

MARKER EDITOR SETUP:

SO WHAT IS THE H’uru Client?
Back to the forum thread to ID the H’rur Client.
H'uru CWE 1.918 builds have been released!

In the post I found the link to the H'uru CWE 1.918 (June 13, 2013)

• CWE Clients (Internal, External) http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26515

NOTE: The H’uru CWE 1.198 download is referenced by explorer posts in several ways: CWE Build, CWE 981, CWE Client or just Client. The actual download File Folder is named cwe981_client. When extracted the folder is cwe981_client containing the folder name: client. The client folder contains all the listed folders and files. These folders and file we edit are what makes the Marker editor work. And this is done by following Lyrositors Marker Editor Directions.

FOR EXAMPLE RUN THROUGH AND EXPERIMENTATION PURPOSES:
I loaded a New copy of my URU Live 1.918 program and ran the updates.
PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Uru Live
My new Uru Live program file contains the dat and sfx files.

1. I CLICKED ON THE LINK AND DOWNLOADED THE H’uru CWE 1.198 CLIENT.
Maybe unnecessary, but to insulate the downloaded cwe_981 zip file we created a New folder on the desktop and named it cwe981 and then extracted the download into our cwe981 desktop folder. This put the extracted client file folder directly inside our desktop cwe981 folder. Because I wasn’t able to find anything posted about where to place the H’uru CWE 1.198 Client, I assumed where it resides didn’t matter. We can’t say either way.
Extract to: save to desktop/ cwe981 folder.

2. To eliminate confusion: You copy your .dat and .sfx files from out of your Uru LIve Program folder and into the H’uru CWE981/ Client folder.

I Open my PC Folder: PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Uru Live and open up the program folder.
I hold down my Ctrl keyboard button and click on the dat and sfx files highlighting each and then right click on either to copy.
Then I go back to my Client Folder and click on it to highlight it and then right click to Paste in the dat and sfx files.
I now see I have the 4 four folders in my CWE Client folder: "dat", "Python", "SDL" and "sfx".
NOTE: The Python and SDL folders were already in our Client folder.
Quote:
AdamJohnso Wrote: Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:26 pm
"How do I use this on MOULa?"
Copy your MOULa dat and sfx directory into the CWE Client directory. Then, create a shortcut to plClient.exe with the arguments /ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload. Do not use UruExplorer.exe, UruLauncher.exe, or plUruLauncher.exe to connect to MOULa -- this will just cause your CWE client to be overwritten with the standard MOULa client.

3. Inside Client folder find the plClient.exe file (plClient file is the .exe file) and right click on it to send it to desktop to create a desktop short-cut Icon.

Then right click the desktop icon and go down to properties and click. Opens up to the shortcut tab with Target:
Target: "C:\Users\Xxxxxx Xxxxx\Desktop\cwe981\client\plClient.exe"
Quote:
Ehren Wrote:
This is more complicated than the 1.912 version. (didn't use 1.912a)

AdamJohnson wrote:
Then, create a shortcut to plClient.exe with the arguments /ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload.

I don't know what this means...

Quote:
lunanne wrote:
Right click on the "plClient.exe" and create a shortcut.

Right click the shortcut, choose "properties" and add the arguments at the end of the target field.

4. Inside the Target screen is: "C:\Xxxx\Xxxxxx Xxxxx\Desktop\cwe981\client\plClient.exe"

DO NOT COPY & PASTE argument text into the path screen! Make sure you have a space just after the end of the plClient.exe” statement when you start typing in your Argument.
Type in it in and make sure you include the ever important spaces before both forward slashes in the argument. /Serverini=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload
NOTE: Because I copy/ pasted the argument path script into my Target screen I didn’t notice that process had eliminated an important “space” between the slashes that kept it from working.
This was why I got all my error stuff problems! Sheesh!

5. Now we test the plCLient shortcut icon and launch the CWE981 program!

Double click the plCLient shortcut ICON and your CWE981 login screen should appear.
Yes it looks the same as the MOUL launch screen.
With your account name and password in, click login! You should NOT SEE or GET the LICENSE AGREEMENT SCREEN, but it should go straight into the update and into the game!
Your cwe client now works!

6. Delete or rename the "Python" file in your H'uru CWE 1.981 client installation.

Rename Marker Editor's "Python" folder in your (cwe981/ Client Folder) H'uru client installation.
I renamed mine my "Python" to "Python1" within my Client folder.

NOTE: In this step I just copy/ pasted my old marker editor Python & SDL folders and files into my cwe981/ Client Folder and the editor worked! I later deleted the cwe981/client Python1 & SDL1 renamed folders I had replaced with my old Marker Editor folder versions.
NOTE: I also tested Lyrositor's & AdamJohnso Marker Editor Posted Directions. But used the above changed order of steps. Then following their posted directions keeping the cwe981 client SDL I inserted Lyrositor's Python file and it also worked!

7. Clicked on http://lyros.net/files/MarkerEditor_Python.zip download and extract the “Python” file into my (cwe981/ Client Folder) H'uru client installation.

You can download the MarkerEditor_Python.zip file and save it anywhere and then extract it into Marker Editor's "Python" folder to your (cwe981/ Client Folder) H'uru client installation.

8. That's it! You're ready to launch again and start using the editor!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use UruExplorer.exe, UruLauncher.exe, or plUruLauncher.exe for the short cut and DO NOT USE any of them to launch with! It will cause the MOUL server to overwrite and ruin the CWE 1.981 client download install and you will need to start all over again with fresh copies of it and anything else you had out in!
Quote:
"How do I use this on MOULa?"
AdamJohnso Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:26 am
Copy your MOULa dat and sfx directory into the CWE Client directory. Then, create a shortcut to plClient.exe with the arguments /ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload. Do not use UruExplorer.exe, UruLauncher.exe, or plUruLauncher.exe to connect to MOULa -- this will just cause your CWE client to be overwritten with the standard MOULa client.

POST LINKS to MARKER EDITOR HOW TO COMMANDS:

I USED ANNABELLE'S POST BECAUSE IT WAS MORE TO THE POINT.

Quote:
Annabelle Wrote:
For the client now:

It's rather simple of use. You have to know 3 commands.

/list
/upload
/download

To download quests from the game to your PC:

1) Type "/list" on your KI

There will be a list in txt format created in a folder called "Games"
EVERY quests located in your Ages' folders will be listed there.
NONE of the quests located in your incoming folder will be listed though.

2) Search for a specific quest, there will be a number attached to the quest.

0: A quest made by Jahmen
1: Another quest made by Jahmen
2: A third one
Etc.

3) Go back to MOULa and type "/download 0"

The game will be in txt format and located in your Games folder

That's it!

To upload a quest from your PC to the game:

1) You must put the quest in the folder called "Games".

For your info, I store my quests in sub-folders inside the folder "Games" but when it's time for me to upload them back on the server, I make a copy in "Games" to be able to upload them.

Important step here
2) You must remove the GUID (will be the 2nd line of your txt file)

Even if you are the author of the quest, you won't be able to upload it back without removing the GUID. So with that said, every new upload will create a whole new quest, a new copy to be exact.

Optional step
3) You can if you want rename the txt file of the game you want to reload.

The game will be called Jahmen0.txt, for you that's not much of an issue but for me with let's say Skydiver Annabelle, I have her quests named SkydiverAnnabelle0.txt, etc.
Call it let's say Q1.txt (for Quest 1)

4) Go back to MOULa, type "/upload [name of the file].txt"

The quest will be saved with under the current age's folder with its in-game name.

That's it!

I hope you have enough information now :D

JAHMEN'S ADDITIONAL MARKER EDITOR INFO:

TO ORGANIZING EDITING QUESTS WITH LOTS OF MARKERS, USE EXCEL!

HOW I DO IT:
OPEN EXCEL/ CLICK on NEW BLANK WORKBOOK and SAVE AS; “Avatar Name" Quest and save.
[Note: On Bottom Tab “Sheet” Rename Sheet with the Quest Name and use additional sheets for additional Quest Game Edits for this Game Avatar.]
NOTE: TO USE EXCEL: YOU MUST SCRUB OR CLEAN .TXT GAME FILES THROUGH NOTEPAD OR NOTEPAD++ BACK INTO THE GAMES FILE FOLDER BEFORE UPLOADING THEM BACK INTO URU.

MY METHOD; QUEST EDITING SYSTEM:

CREATE A NEW FOLDER: CWE981/ CLIENT/ GAMES- DOUBLE CLICK INSIDE GAMES FOLDER AND NAME THE NEW FOLDER; “MY GAMES”

SETUP: In the “My Games folder” we need to create GAMENAMES.TXT FILES:
Start with a Copy/ Paste of the original GameName.txt file listed in the Games folder into your “My Games folder” then rename the GameName.txt file to OriginalGameName.txt to keep an original unedited/ uncorrupted file version.
Then make another copy using the Original GameName.txt file name and rename it; Edit1GameNames.txt as the edit 1 file name.

HOW TO; From the Client file folder/ Games Folder/ double click to open the Games folder to view listed GameName.txt files downloaded.
Click highlight the GameName.txt file you downloaded and want to edit. Right click to Copy it.
In the open Excel sheet, paste in the copied GameName.txt file text into each of the 3 columns.

COPY/ PASTE GameName.txt file text into 3 COLUMNS:
COLUMN 1: ORIGINAL Marker GameName.txt file - Template for EDIT checking comparison.
COLUMN 2: ON-GOING Working Upload Save is the Last Working Saved Upload.
COLUMN 3: MARKER TEXT EDIT 1 to test upload text changes.

NOTE: FOR COMPLEX QUESTS WHERE MARKER LOCATIONS MATTER; PUT LOCATION TEXT IN MARKERS AS YOU GO.
MARKER TEXT ALREADY CONTAIN THE AGE NAME IN THEM/ JUST ADD LOCATION OR EASY/ MEDIUM/ HARD TEXT DESCRIPTIONS.
ADDITIONAL NOTE: I CREATED A MACRO KEY THAT CAN SCROLL THE KI SCREEN. THIS IS WHAT I USED BEFORE THE MARKER EDITOR.
IT MADE PUTTING IN MARKER LOCATION TEXT INFO EASIER TO DO AND LATER REPLACING THE LOCATION TEXT WITH OTHER TEXT EASIER.
HOWEVER, THE MARKER EDITOR ALLOWS A BETTER OVER-VIEW OF ALL THE MARKERS TEXT TO EDIT ALL MARKERS AT ONCE IN ONE PLACE AND ELIMINATING THE KI EDIT CLICK BY CLICK OR EVEN SCROLL SCREEN HURDLE.

MARKER TEXT EDITS & UPLOADS:
After you finish editing Column 3 text markers you are ready to test those changes.
EXCEL: HIT SAVE then copy/ paste column 3 text into Notepad.

WARNING! BEFORE YOU DO THE FINAL STEP TO UPLOAD!
NOTE: I agree with how Annabelle does her Quests and I do mine the same.

We create a NEW FOLDER within the client/ Games folder and name it: XXXXX.
This allows the “Games folder” downloaded listed NameGame.txt files to be kept separate and protected from edited GameName.txt file text change uploads.
I don’t know exactly how Annabelle managers hers, but I’ll share how I do mine.

CONTINUED AFTER WARNING:
Then from Notepad Ctrl a/ copy/ paste into the Edit1GameName.txt file name.
Then Paste Edited marker text copy into the /Games folder’s listed GameName.txt file.
from inside the Uru Live game type: /load NameGame.txt

NOTE: Once you paste the new edited marker text back into your Games folder GameName.txt file for uploading, it changes the file text from how it was when you downloaded it with the new edited marker text!
Saved the Original Quest marker text into the Excel Column 1 and Create a copy .txt file renamed OriginalGameName.txt file in your New My Games folder.
Also the Edit1GameName.txt file will be the last working copy, if the upload works.
But if it doesn't work, you can restore the GameName.txt file in the Games folder from the OriginalGameName.txt file until you can get the next marker edit to work.

LEARNING CURVES:

NOTE: To learn the Marker Edit Syntax: I suggest starting out with one text marker edit at a time until you understand what you can & can’t do that causes a failed upload to your edit changes.
Then graduate to blocks of say 5 text markers at a time and upload CLEANED notepad copy paste .txt file to see if it still uploads and works.

REMEMBER: THE MORE YOU EDIT WITHOUT TESTING, THE MORE TROUBLE AND TIME YOU WILL HAVE IN FINDING THE ERROR(S).

ON-GOING Working Upload Save!
Highlight Column 3 GameName.txt text only if it uploaded successfully, ONLY then do you Copy/ Paste it over into COLUMN 2: ON-GOING Working Upload Save.

I SUGGEST FOR BEGINNERS, TO MAKE MINOR SIMPLE CHANGES TO LEARN BY AS YOU GO BY. CAREFUL SLOW AND SLIGHT CHANGES ARE ADVISED!

BASIC EDIT ROUTINE:

1. Marker Edits Done and ready for new marker text edits upload to game.
2. From EXCEL Column 3 Copy/ Paste into Notepad.
3. from Notepad hold Ctrl key a, highlights all text, right click copy.
4. In open My Games file list, click on Edit1GameName.txt file and Paste!
5. Then open the Games file list and highlight the GameName.txt file and Paste!
6. Then go into the game and test to make sure it uploads.
7. If it uploads, then paste text into the 2nd column and continue edits in Column 3 again.
NOTE Repeat the steps for each time you edit column Quest 3 text until done.

CWE 1.981 Client Marker Editor/ MY NEW PROBLEM

Started editing with usual /list and then download of Quest I made to insert my saved CITY LIGHTS text into my Jahmen.0.txt file. Then the /upload Jahmen.0.txt Failed! :shock: What! :roll:

Opened my Minkata Spoiler Quest I had recently made since the reset to compare it to my old save Quest text.
Immediately it was clear the CWE Marker Editor changed the Quest text format.
Old Lyrositor's Marker Editor version used quotation marks and braces { } or Curly Brackets with commas.
"markers": [
{
"text": "Museum IS L-Post light",
"age": "city",
"coords": [
]
},
{
"text": "Museum IS R-Post light",
]

The CWE had no braces, but used apostrophes in their better grouped line statements.
CWE editor is easier to line read with a better grouped marker statement than the older more spaced out Marker Editor version I had before above in my own opinion and I could understand if that was maybe why they changed it.
"markers: [
text: '"Museum IS L-Post light'
coords: [-204.81971740722656, 37.16176223754883, 249.9773406982422]
text: '"Museum IS R-Post light'
coords: [-211.4159393310547, 24.666122436523438, 249.864501953125

(Note: my CWE example here was from memory so it might not be exactly right)
I'm was looking to find out how other explorers over-came and converted their old saved Quest markers text into the newer CWE version? Changing my Old Quest text over into the new marker text format appears it would be overly labor intense.
Although, I did manage a quick test to insert a few old markers into a newly created Quest and changed their text over into the new format and upload it successfully.
Then I tried a block of about 15 and failed! :roll: Sheesh!

Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Jahmen :)
Glad you got it working !
But I have one question, where is the "Serverini" file located ?
Do not see it :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:05 pm 

Quote:
TrapperDave asked:
But I have one question, where is the "Serverini" file located ?
Do not see it :(

As I understand the matter, we don't need the server.ini file for the Marker Editor to work.

I myself only thought I needed the server.ini file because I kept getting a no server.ini file error message. However, that error message was being generated from my not having my shortcut icon Target: path argument script in correctly, as-in, I HAD MISSED making sure of both spaces before the forward slashes in my argument statement. My copy paste deleted on without my notice.

It was just in my Old Marker Editor folder file list and I use Ctrl a (to highlight everything in the folder), then copy/ pasted everything into my H'uru CWE 1.981/ Client installation folder and it worked! :shock:

NOTE: The second Marker Editor install run-through I did just using Lyrositor's Python download Marker Editor file folder into the CWE 981/ client and keeping the existing client SDL file works without the server.ini file.
I couldn't find a server.ini file anywhere in the second Marker Editor setup I did, so I'm assuming it truly is not required for the Marker Editor to work.

I myself, have only a better than average basic understanding of computer hardware/ software /HTML code and Programing, understanding how they basically work with extreme limitations to working with them.

I understand how all the parts of a car engine go together to make the engine work. :D
But I don't know how to put all the parts of a car engine together to make one work. :oops:

Last edited by Jahmen on Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:10 pm 

@TrapperDave:

use "/ServerIni=server_moula.ini /SkipPreload" instead

Make sure that between the first argument & the second argument you put a space.
As Jahmen stated on the other post, copy & paste these arguments above will suppress the space

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:58 am 
Obduction Backer

@ Jahmen & Annabelle:
:) Thanks ! :)
But I just realized some thing: It's not " Server(dot)Ini " after looking close :shock:
But rather ( ServerIni ), not a file, hahh ha
It must be code or rather a command instruction :)
I was just curious, but I have having trouble with the KI getting the chat to work.
It is froze & I can't hit enter any chat for commands ?
Probally will reload it all. Thanks :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:35 am 
Obduction Backer

Jahmen wrote:
I couldn't find a server.ini file anywhere in the second Marker Editor setup I did, so I'm assuming it truly is not required for the Marker Editor to work.

It only contains the RC4 keys necessary to access the server. :mrgreen:
You don’t have a server.ini file because you have a server_moula.ini one.
“/ServerIni=” is the argument that looks for the *.ini file (whatever is its name).

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ korovev: right on :idea:
--
To update my former post: I installed the Marker Editor my other computer with WIN XP Pro platform.
It installed fine & dandy & works great !
--
But on my WIN 8 64 bit quad core I can not get it working right ? I finally was able to log in but the chat would not work and the KI is frozen. I could run around and jump though :) I had changed the compatibility settings every which way but loose ? So for my WIN 8 I have issues ?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 am 

TrapperDave, I have serious navigation and KI issues as well when I run MOUL,s on my ASUS Republic of Games Laptop connected to my ASUS ProArt monitor. :roll: It runs Intel Core I7 and OS Win 8 like yours and I constantly have to login and out of the game to keep refreshing it from the build up of glitches I seem to get the further along I play through my ages over again.:evil:

I have an old Custom build Cooler Master Desktop Computer with dual boot hard-drives running Win XP 32bit and Win 7 64bit on separate drives. Recently replaced Win XP with WIN 7 32 bit OS.
Running old Intel Quad core with dual graphic cards and super fast 4 GB RAM. When I play MOULa on my CM it run flawlessly. My experience with Myst games in general, they run better on older OS systems according to when the game was released. Most of my games don't work well with Win 8 if at all.

Just wanted to let you know your not alone. :wink:

Jahmen Ki#

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:32 pm 

CWE 1.981 Client Marker Editor/ MY NEW PROBLEM

Started editing with usual /list and then download of Quest I made to insert my saved CITY LIGHTS text into my Jahmen.0.txt file. Then the /upload Jahmen.0.txt Failed! :shock: What! :roll:

Opened my Minkata Spoiler Quest I had recently made since the reset to compare it to my old save Quest text.
Immediately it was clear the CWE Marker Editor changed the Quest text format.
Old Lyrositor's Marker Editor version used quotation marks and braces { } or Curly Brackets with commas.
"markers": [
{
"text": "Museum IS L-Post light",
]
},
{
"text": "Museum IS R-Post light",
]

The CWE had no braces, but used apostrophes in their better grouped line statements.
CWE editor is easier to line read with a better grouped marker statement than the older more spaced out Marker Editor version I had before above in my own opinion and I could understand if that was maybe why they changed it.
"markers: [
text: '"Museum IS L-Post light'
coords: [-204.81971740722656, 37.16176223754883, 249.9773406982422]
text: '"Museum IS R-Post light'
coords: [-211.4159393310547, 24.666122436523438, 249.864501953125

(Note: my CWE example here was from memory so it might not be exactly right)
I'm was looking to find out how other explorers over-came and converted their old saved Quest markers text into the newer CWE version? Changing my Old Quest text over into the new marker text format appears it would be overly labor intense.
Although, I did manage a quick test to insert a few old markers into a newly created Quest and changed their text over into the new format and upload it successfully.
Then I tried a block of about 15 and failed! :roll: Sheesh!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:24 am 

It shouldn't be problematic like that.

I have more or less 50% of my quests from the old MarkerEditor and the rest with the new version. They all load very well.

Are you sure you deleted the GUID of your quests? It's a crucial step.

Even if you create let's say a quest as of today on the server, you download it on your PC, you must delete the GUID to be able to upload it back, there's no other option.

I might look insistent on that point but I remember you saying somewhere... "I'm not deleting the GUID" (not your exact saying, but something similar)

----------------------------

Can I also suggest you something in regards of your posts?

You are using 2 threads at the same time to receive help on the same very topic. If we see the first one, let's say this thread, odds that we also stumble on the 2nd are very high (100% to be exact :lol: ). The chances that someone named XYZ stumble on the 1st one first and the explorer named ABC stumble on the 2nd one first are high also. If they are both willing to offer help, you will just loose everyone reading this forum because you'll receive help on 2 threads instead of a centralised help using just 1 thread.

So I would highly suggest that you stick to one thread for the help. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

And avoid writing whole paragraphs in full caps :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:22 pm 

Annabelle wrote:
Quote:
Are you sure you deleted the GUID of your quests? It's a crucial step.

Even if you create let's say a quest as of today on the server, you download it on your PC, you must delete the GUID to be able to upload it back, there's no other option.

I might look insistent on that point but I remember you saying somewhere... "I'm not deleting the GUID" (not your exact saying, but something similar)

I'm not sure I understand about deleting the GUID Annabelle. Whenever I deleted my GUID the Quest would then NOT ever upload successfully. And when I left the GUID it would upload without any problem for me. Even a new Quest made with a single marker in it if I delete the GUID it wouldn't upload. Perhaps somehow I'm not deleting it right?

Can you elaborate more on how and why to delete the GUID and what it does? I could guess it maybe resets the Quest to accept both Script formats I posted earlier about and that would be great. Would also explain why you could get either old or new to upload.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

In fact, the original instructions are a bit different and quite clear:
Lyrositor wrote:
Let's look at each parameter:
  • guid: a unique identifier for your game. If you are editing an existing game, you need to have it included. Omit it if you are creating a new game. Never modify it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 pm 

I've never been able to upload any of my quests if I didn't remove the GUID beforehand. I don't know if it's related to the old & new versions of the MarkerEditor though.

Therefore... I'm always uploading new versions of my quests. I thought it was the only method.

It could be a good option for you Jahmen because you could be ensured that every explorer (or team of explorers) would have a unique copy in their hands.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:21 pm 

Annabelle Replies;
Quote:
I've never been able to upload any of my quests if I didn't remove the GUID beforehand. I don't know if it's related to the old & new versions of the MarkerEditor though.

Therefore... I'm always uploading new versions of my quests. I thought it was the only method.

It could be a good option for you Jahmen because you could be ensured that every explorer (or team of explorers) would have a unique copy in their hands.

Annabelle, I'm not apposed to trying it your way deleting the GUID I'm just not clear about how you are doing it to make it work. When I tried it would never load. Can you show me an Example Quest text of download with the GUID and how it should look after you have deleted the GUID :?:

:arrow: I thought all Quests had to have the GUID because it acted as the Quest ID to work in the server.
How does your Quest look after you upload it with the GUID deleted :?:
Does it create and have a new GUID or still no GUID at all :?:
Have you download it again to re-edit text markers after you had uploaded it with deleted GUID to see if it had a new GUID or no GUID still :?:

If I'm understanding your reply right, you found that deleting the GUID caused your old saved marker editor text to work as it was, right?